Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. there's a android TV app you can download and use to control your NS. it's available for both iOS and Android.

2. go to settings and turn off hdmi cec

3. no need to plug in physically.. can stream via WiFi or ethernet via samba or FTP. just need to enable file sharing on your PC or NAS.

Can't fix all 3. I think I am noob lol.

1. I assume you download it on your PC?

2. I managed to off the connectivity between TV, AVR and NS. But the NS still doesn't play with TV on. Perhaps it has got something to do with my mio settop box setup..

3. Fiddled with my PC settings to file share, but NS still cannot detect my PC. Tried Plex also cannot get the files in.

Back to the drawing blocks tonight.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't fix all 3. I think I am noob lol.

1. I assume you download it on your PC?

2. I managed to off the connectivity between TV, AVR and NS. But the NS still doesn't play with TV on. Perhaps it has got something to do with my mio settop box setup..

3. Fiddled with my PC settings to file share, but NS still cannot detect my PC. Tried Plex also cannot get the files in.

Back to the drawing blocks tonight.

1) The apps is on you mobile phone. The app is called "Android TV Remote" by Google.

2) Maybe you want provide detailed description of your connection and what you want to achieve.

3) It should work. Again you may want to provide more details what you have done and what is not working.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) The apps is on you mobile phone. The app is called "Android TV Remote" by Google.

2) Maybe you want provide detailed description of your connection and what you want to achieve.

3) It should work. Again you may want to provide more details what you have done and what is not working.

1. Will check thanks guys for the input.

2. I have a Denon 3600. HDMI 1 plugged to TV. HDMI plugged to DVD player. HDMI plugged to Mio tv Setup box. HDMI plugged to NS for media player. NS is the newest addition.

Originally it was defaulted to Mio tv. On TV, on Mio, it will be Mio using tv sound. On AVR then it will go to speakers sound. This is what I want, it is set by a separate technician. All the current settings before and after NS is still working.

Now I added the NS, and removed the CEC. When i on the TV, it is asking me to on my Mio to watch. When I on the NS, nothing happens. I need to on my AVR for NS to appear on tv. But I would like the same option, to play NS on TV sound, and only on AVR when needed.

Any idea?

3. I enabled all the file sharing options on my PC. And I ran NS to detect my PC, but it just can't detect it. I would assume once it can detect it can mount my PC drive and play from it wirelessly?

Thanks!

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2) No idea. Probably you want to start a new thread to ask the AVR experts.

3) Not so sure what you mean by detect your PC.

You can try apps like VLC to see if the app can find your network share. You may want to use your mobile phone to check first. Click "Local Network" on the app and see if it can find your PC network share.

For me I use a personal NAS (WD Mycloud 3TB) and my Mi Box S and newly bought XBox One S can go to the NAS for contents.

Last edited:

AwfullySmart

Reaction score
If you disabled CEC on Shield, other devices cannot detect the status.

Please read up on HDMI CEC and then adjust the settings in your devices.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3. I enabled all the file sharing options on my PC. And I ran NS to detect my PC, but it just can't detect it. I would assume once it can detect it can mount my PC drive and play from it wirelessly?

Thanks!

you need to use file manger with built-in samba such as es file explorer to see the shared folder on your pc or NAS.

gnowyx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when i use gamestream there is like a 0.5 to 1s input delay?

Is this normal?

scruffyhippy

Reaction score
Thinking of buying Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 / Dolby Vision from Amazon.

Amazon UK - Not shipping spore
Amazon US - Can ship to spore , Total cost $300 sgd

My concern is if I get from Amazon US , it will be 2 pin plug.
Can it work in spore ?
Will have voltage / power issues ?
Do I need to use addition adapter or stepdown/stepup transfomer ?

$300 sgd from Amazon US ok or got other place cheaper ?

Thank you

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can it work in spore ?

Thank you

Amazon UK ships to SG. Got mine from there before the pound went up..

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can it work in spore ?

Thank you

Got mine from Amazon UK early Dec this year, with youtrip exchange rate around 325 with expedited shipping of a week reached mid Dec. Worked seamlessly.

On a side note, i bought a Frozen projector night light from amazon US, it was a 2 pin. I just used an adaptor to plug. It worked initially but then it popped, went dead. Not completely sure if I got a lemon or it's the voltage though. It cost 10 bucks so it's not too bad but do make sure that voltage issues are considered before plugging in a more expensive shield.

Last edited:

mmchaisi

Reaction score
Buy from Amazon US. Use 2 pin adapter, although it ships with interchangeable plug, they didn’t supply 3pin adapter, but no prob with voltage. As someone else here suggested, use ezbuy to ship. Cheaper and quite efficient. I provided exact costs somewhere earlier in this thread.

Can it work in spore ?

Thank you

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got mine from Amazon UK early Dec this year, with youtrip exchange rate around 325 with expedited shipping of a week reached mid Dec. Worked seamlessly.

On a side note, i bought a Frozen projector night light from amazon US, it was a 2 pin. I just used an adaptor to plug. It worked initially but then it popped, went dead. Not completely sure if I got a lemon or it's the voltage though. It cost 10 bucks so it's not too bad but do make sure that voltage issues are considered before plugging in a more expensive shield.

normally tv boxes come with power supply for 100-240V.

normally night lights from usa work with 110V only. luckily no fire for you.

scruffyhippy

Reaction score

Can it work in spore ?

Thank you

For Amazon UK I got this message:

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order. You can also see if this item is available for delivery to your address from another seller

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Amazon UK I got this message:

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order. You can also see if this item is available for delivery to your address from another seller

I ordered from uk no issues
GtHKX3p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.