Soundbar discussion Thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why read online reviews and forums before going to buy. Those stores will push those that have higher commission and make them earn most. You buy those they don't earn much one they will face black black, which also explains why pple nowadays buy online and the brick and mortar stores complain no business when it's their own doing in the first place.

actually i hear of this quite long ago.

recently my mum purchase a LG tv which promoted by salesman, the salesman say it is very user friendly remote, true enough it is very easy to use in term

of operation and better than my philips tv (which i choose myself)

sometime i wonder how true is this...

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, if buying sonos beam and you are going to those stores to audition, make sure that the subwoofer is disconnected.

I went to HN to have a look. I was wondering how come the base is so solid for such a small unit. Then I saw the woofer hidden at the bottom so I touched it and it is indeed on and connected.

But beam itself sounds quite good without it anyway but not sufficient for me

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Almost a week with my Sony HT-Z9F.
No regrets la. Very very good. I rate it about 8/10.

For the cheap price of $779 and get this quality is buay pai.
My parents will scream if I get the rear speakers so I never. :s13:

Heard with the rear speakers lagi power.

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Almost a week with my Sony HT-Z9F.
No regrets la. Very very good. I rate it about 8/10.

For the cheap price of $779 and get this quality is buay pai.
My parents will scream if I get the rear speakers so I never. :s13:

Heard with the rear speakers lagi power.

Ya it is very good, I watch ghost movies with my friends ,everyone scream

Cos it make the ambience really close to one small cinema feel.

I’m now thinking should I buy rear speaker

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m new to the world of sound bars am hoping for some recommendations. Basically I’m just using it on my smart android Sony tv in my living room.

RaptureM3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

In the market for a soundbar to complement my new 55" 4k TV. Just wondering if a decent soundbar like the Sony 8500 will make a significant difference or am i better off just staying with just the TV speakers?

I like the Sony 8500 for it's low price ($516 @ HN), lack of subwoofer (cleaner look) and Dolby Atmos support. Not sure how useful the Atmos will be though as i believe YouTube (which i mostly watch) does not support Atmos? What about Netflix or the free-to-air digital channels? I'm thinking the Atmos will be a white elephant?

Hope can get some advice here, thanks!

Budget around 500-1k, cheaper better of course. Might be swayed to get a soundbar + woofer setup if the quality is vastly different but prefer the clean look without woofer.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In the market for a soundbar to complement my new 55" 4k TV. Just wondering if a decent soundbar like the Sony 8500 will make a significant difference or am i better off just staying with just the TV speakers?

I like the Sony 8500 for it's low price ($516 @ HN), lack of subwoofer (cleaner look) and Dolby Atmos support. Not sure how useful the Atmos will be though as i believe YouTube (which i mostly watch) does not support Atmos? What about Netflix or the free-to-air digital channels? I'm thinking the Atmos will be a white elephant?

Hope can get some advice here, thanks!

Budget around 500-1k, cheaper better of course. Might be swayed to get a soundbar + woofer setup if the quality is vastly different but prefer the clean look without woofer.

Put woofer behind the seat, don’t see it when I stare at TV clean look lol

midlusionz

Reaction score
Hi guys, i got a question, so i gotten my yas108. And currently its connected to my tv via ARC and my ps4 is connected to my TV via hdmi 2. Is this the wrong way? TIA

SouthWind

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know where can get the ht-z9f at a good price?

I went to NAC BD outlet and the salesman is only interested in selling Samsung SB.

Update:
Got it together with the rear speakers for $1130.:D

Last edited:

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I buy Marshall acton and stanmore

Tested acton with tv only , really sound Super good.

Haven’t tested stanmore,

Make me thinking, is sound bar really necessary ahahhaha

Last edited:

Desmond_33

Reaction score
Hello all,

Anyone knows where can I buy the Samsung SWA-8500S rear speakers? Seems like a lot of retail places no longer carry it/out of stock. Thinking of getting this to complete the HW-Q70R soundbar set up.

Thanks!

moron+genius

Reaction score
Hello all,

Anyone knows where can I buy the Samsung SWA-8500S rear speakers? Seems like a lot of retail places no longer carry it/out of stock. Thinking of getting this to complete the HW-Q70R soundbar set up.

Thanks!
Try mustafa. Brought it there previously may not haf stock anymore

karlgantry

Reaction score
Try this la bro - Sony HT-X8500 Soundbar. Sony's all-in-one Dolby Atmos bar may be the best value of the year.

vaped

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!. Would like some opinions. Getting a Philips 803 65" TV. Undecided between a Sonos beam and a Yamaha yas 209. Went hunting for best prices n realised courts have a code NYS60 $60 discount at checkout applicable to Yamaha not Sonos tho.valid till 6th Jan.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!. Would like some opinions. Getting a Philips 803 65" TV. Undecided between a Sonos beam and a Yamaha yas 209. Went hunting for best prices n realised courts have a code NYS60 $60 discount at checkout applicable to Yamaha not Sonos tho.valid till 6th Jan.

if you are not into multi-rm setup get yamaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.