Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Try dl the phoenix urself. I encounter before. Theirs dun work but self download works

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to run phoenix apps in my laptop running on Win7 but there's nothing coming out when I click on that phoenix card.exe

I msg ublocktech on WeChat they says must use desktop, I asked what's the different to laptop , he only said got a little difference ... haiz!!!

Any workout solution?

thanks

how many files do you have for phoenix besides .exe?

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried to run phoenix apps in my laptop running on Win7 but there's nothing coming out when I click on that phoenix card.exe

I msg ublocktech on WeChat they says must use desktop, I asked what's the different to laptop , he only said got a little difference ... haiz!!!

Any workout solution?

thanks

sent u a PM on the 1 i use which works well. u try

alex76

Reaction score
sent u a PM on the 1 i use which works well. u try

I use the phoenix-card.exe sent by ublock and all other files from you (beacuse I can't find any executable file in your folder), I am able to see the phoenix windows on my laptop.
I burnt the s800-160127-s.img into the SDCARD. It shows successs. but I check the card with explorer, it doesn't shows any file and the card is totally empty.

is this correct?

thanks

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use the phoenix-card.exe sent by ublock and all other files from you (beacuse I can't find any executable file in your folder), I am able to see the phoenix windows on my laptop.
I burnt the s800-160127-s.img into the SDCARD. It shows successs. but I check the card with explorer, it doesn't shows any file and the card is totally empty.

is this correct?

thanks

window can't read the card formatted by phoenixcard, it is normal. (why need phoenix card software if it is using standard disk format :) )

if you can't burn firmware using the sdcard, you may have to try other phoenix card options when making the sdcard.

Last edited:

whitesand

Reaction score
EVPad 3S Questions

Check the EVPad master here:

I intend to buy EVPad 3S TV Box:

1. Can it play movie files from external hardisk? Do I need to install apps to run or there already is apps come with the box to play those files? If need to isntall apps, which one?

2. To run on wifi, do I need to install external (USB) antenna or it has built in antenna?

3. Generally is 2.4G wifi is good enough?

Thanks in advance.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Can it play movie files from external hardisk? Do I need to install apps to run or there already is apps come with the box to play those files? If need to isntall apps, which one?

2. To run on wifi, do I need to install external (USB) antenna or it has built in antenna?

Thanks in advance.

if you want to run from external harddisk, a cheap $40 box is good enough, some even better than evpad.

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score

is this correct?

thanks

sorry miss out on your message. yes it should work. just insert the SD card and start your box. it should load by itself and show successful once done.

whitesand

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Anyone? Thanks.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone? Thanks.

Evpad box, or any android tv box for that matter, can directly play movies from any connected external storage(thumb drive, ext. hdd, sd card etc.). Android systems come with default movie player app installed but its not that good. Recommend to install and use 3rd party app like MX player instead, which is available within the evpad app store.

Evpad boxes dont require external antenna for wifi. Using 5g wifi on my 3pro and its very stable and reception is good even though my box is in the bedroom and router is in living room separated by 1 concrete wall. Generally 2.4g wifi speeds should be sufficient for streaming.

Last edited:

sgbdk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all evpad users

Just brought a samsung qled tv and learnt that the samsung remote can be programmed to control android tv boxes as well, however evpad is not under the listed brand when trying to setup the ONEREMOTE function. Anyone have luck how to use samsung remote to control evpad?

Nobb44k

Reaction score
Hi, I’m a nobb in IT stuff. Bought an evbox plus. However the output on my tv is lopsided to the right. Any advise on how to adjust the output? Thanks

zeblues

Reaction score
Hi experts,
i have an evpad 2s+, was very good until it start lagging recently. anyone also experience the same thing? anyway on how to fix it?
Sorry if I ask any silly questions, I'm not so good in this area
My old Ubox kenna block alr so I got the evpad

Last edited:

zeblues

Reaction score
how long your tv box last before change new one? wondering if its time for a new one?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,
i have an evpad 2s+, was very good until it start lagging recently. anyone also experience the same thing? anyway on how to fix it?
Sorry if I ask any silly questions, I'm not so good in this area
My old Ubox kenna block alr so I got the evpad

For your EVpad 2S+, you can try the following.
1) uninstall all the apps you installed yourself
2) reinstall the EVpad live TV and VOD apps, new apps are called Saturn Live and Saturn VOD.
Ref: https://youtu.be/gmd4V4I_YnU
You may want to watch the videos in this channel for troubleshooting and updating EVpad and Ubox.

3) If the above two do not help, try factory reset

For your old UBox, try change DNS to unblock.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long your tv box last before change new one? wondering if its time for a new one?

If you buy the right box, you do not really need to change box so often, at least 3-4 years are no problem.

For example if you bought Mi Box Global version MDZ-16-AB in 2016, it is still good now. If you buy Mvidia Shield TV in 2015, it is still a top notch box now.

And for old EVpad and Ubox, you should still be able to use them as well as long as the HW are not broken. The two companies are probably the best among the preloaded boxes vendors since they are still supporting the old boxes, unlike those preloaded boxes sold in shopping centres or Facebook groups.

Still if you want to buy new UBox or new EVpad, then buy those with 2GB RAM or more. Among them EVpad 3S is probably the cheapest and then EVpad 3. Upro S and EVpad 3 Plus as well as EVpad 3 Max are probably more expensive and not really necessary if you mainly run the built-in live TV and VOD apps.

Last edited:

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
i am still using S800 Plus from i think 2015? cant rmb. everything still working well and still updates to my Live TV application. of course no upgrade of andriod firmware (still at andriod 4.4) but for me i only use the Live TV app.

good enough for me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.