Vietnam

Junken

Reaction score
Well... Chinese food are generally more expensive in Vietnam based on a few handful of Chinese restaurants I visited.

Are there more affordable ones? I guess there is... But probably I will need to dedicate more time to explore the small streets of D6 n D5

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

speaking of which, that day i just entered a random old school hk style small restaurant (less than 10 tables but aircon) along tran hung dao in d5, the prices were on the higher side, around 70-100k VND for wanton mee and duck noodles. that's like $4 for wanton mee and $6 for duck noodles. still affordable lah for singaporeans but felt like singapore price already.

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes yes.. this is the salty chili crab craws.. oc oanh has bigger craws...

i also like to order their lala cook with lemon grass
jtUeER4l.jpg

Some oc dont cook with butter.
d4N50oul.jpg

kang kong with soome escargo top with pork lard JHJ
aScqgb8l.jpg

Sent from Food, Travel, Sleep And Repeat using GAGT

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Tried it in oc dao I thin , is it the big place where they only sell beer and snails? Was brought there by 2 vnb, end up eat not enough to fuel my body. Totally destroyed by them.

For snail. You can try Oc Dao in D1, they are very successful and the food is pretty good.

My personal favourite is Oc Sua at Binh Thanh but that may be a little out of the way.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried it in oc dao I thin , is it the big place where they only sell beer and snails? Was brought there by 2 vnb, end up eat not enough to fuel my body. Totally destroyed by them.

you can buy bread. Got other types of seafood, e.g clams, oysters, crab, prawns, scallops, etc

buy the snails in coconut gravy, very nice

Last edited:

Junken

Reaction score

:s13::s13::s13:

not enough to handle 2 ladies ah? :s8::D

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oc Dao Nguyen Trai

This one?

C79 Nguyễn Trãi, Phường Nguyễn Cư Trinh, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam

The restaurant is inside the small lanes

I0ncOtcl.jpg

The entrance is like this.

They serve all kinds of snails n shells and go with Banh Mi

Usually it's super packed by 6pm and by 730pm, alot of main dishes sold out

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
- Vietnam use Vn Dong not USD

- If you travel to hcmc, some parts of the city like District 5 and District 6 have people who speaks Chinese and Cantonese

- don't use your phone when you are walking along the streets

- enjoy!

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Yea coconut snails blew my mind when I first had it. And other types of shell dishes also very good, too bad joo chiat not much variety to satisfy my mouth cravings.

you can buy bread. Got other types of seafood, e.g clams, oysters, crab, prawns, scallops, etc

buy the snails in coconut gravy, very nice

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm I can't remember the entrance. But the sitting area is huge, with many small tables and chairs. I think that street has many snails restaurants.

Oc Dao Nguyen Trai

This one?

C79 Nguyễn Trãi, Phường Nguyễn Cư Trinh, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam

The restaurant is inside the small lanes

I0ncOtcl.jpg

The entrance is like this.

They serve all kinds of snails n shells and go with Banh Mi

Usually it's super packed by 6pm and by 730pm, alot of main dishes sold out

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I can't remember the entrance. But the sitting area is huge, with many small tables and chairs. I think that street has many snails restaurants.
Ahhhh should be the same area

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
- Vietnam use Vn Dong not USD

- If you travel to hcmc, some parts of the city like District 5 and District 6 have people who speaks Chinese and Cantonese

- don't use your phone when you are walking along the streets

- enjoy!

Change here or there the money.? Seem like both my hotel is at district 1

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah so fierce? U know them before hand or wat?

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want to eat oc, find a restaurant with tons of beer lady, buy more beer with them, may have happy ending.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You see the rate in Sin is how much

Pure rate is 100 sgd = 1.709.000 VND

Anything less than 1.69 million per 100sgd .... Skip

You can change around Ben Thanh market

Junken

Reaction score

if you're not changing a lot of money, suggest u just change in singapore, it's not too much of a difference so long u go to a decent money changer.

if u not sure how much u will spend, then change a few hundred in singapore and bring extra SGD there in case ba.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you're not changing a lot of money, suggest u just change in singapore, it's not too much of a difference so long u go to a decent money changer.

if u not sure how much u will spend, then change a few hundred in singapore and bring extra SGD there in case ba.

Singapore 16,000 plus only go there 17,000 plus. Use transferwise even more than exchanging there.

When using grab, pay with transferwise rather than grab mastercard. The former has got a very favorable exchange rate.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.