Treasure at Tampines

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That was why I wrote that some projects give discount for whatever reasons. Therefore, no need to rush to buy as you never know if your unit is the one going to be discounted at a later date.

Projects like riverfront, whistler grand etc did not give discount.

Therefore need to decide if the project/ developer will offer discount before moving.

Also, those who cannot clear 5 year absd, likely to give ‘discount’ in terms of vouchers and preferential payment terms, which I feel the authorities should put an end to as they are also ‘benefits’. The way for Developers to sell is to bid responsibly and sell at the right pricing and not look for ways to wriggle out of the rules.

Treasure at Tampines is one project that is unlikely to give any forms of discount and should sell out within the 5 year period though it is a mega development, reason being its already priced v lowly some bigger units at Treasures are as low as 11xxpsf, which in psf terms is cheaper or equal to EC pricing for a private condo project, and the same rationale why riverfront sold so quickly with 1000 units snapped up in a year.

Treasures is also in the town of Tampines which would likely appeal to HDB upgraders.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Treasure’s lowest PSF and median PSF

BiusErA.jpg

3fduZT3.jpg

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a comparison,

This year’s one and only EC launch, highest PSF.

yuhpDDS.jpg

Median PSF for the only EC launch in 2019.
QOlrXz1.jpg

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Treasure at Tampines is one project that is unlikely to give any forms of discount and should sell out within the 5 year period though it is a mega development, reason being its already priced v lowly some bigger units at Treasures are as low as 11xxpsf, which in psf terms is cheaper or equal to EC pricing for a private condo project, and the same rationale why riverfront sold so quickly with 1000 units snapped up in a year.

Treasures is also in the town of Tampines which would likely appeal to HDB upgraders.

Park colonial, Riverfront and sterling are the 3 lucky condos that manage to escape the new rulings before midnight. THose projects sold off a huge number of units that night.

If the overpriced lower their pricing, theres a chnce treasure will lower too. RIght now is all the overpriced helping the less overpriced sell.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
When you are married and have kids, that is the one of the most treasured moments. To open your eyes and see your younglings sleeping so soundly and peacefully.

Dont assume kids want bigger room and privacy. That is only true when they are much older. Dont you know that kids like to bunk in with their parents and refuse to leave the room?

There are always 101 ways to reason with and console oneself for making a bad decision, though flawed. I am not referring to you, but in general: people who overpaid for condos, people who move from prime HDBs to ulu condos, families who squeeze into 1 bedders etc.

If a family of 4 has to squeeze into a 1-bedder, it is indisputable that they don't belong to condo in the first place.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Park colonial, Riverfront and sterling are the 3 lucky condos that manage to escape the new rulings before midnight. THose projects sold off a huge number of units that night.

If the overpriced lower their pricing, theres a chnce treasure will lower too. RIght now is all the overpriced helping the less overpriced sell.

U may be telling the truth but not the entire truth. These 3 projects were indeed launch on the night before July 2018 CM, but need to analyse the breakdown betw % sold till now vs % sold during that CM night to get the full picture.

Stirling - currently near 75% sold. (200 out of 1259 units Was sold on that CM night, only 15.8%)
Riverfront - currently near 85% sold. (510 out of 1472 units Was sold on that CM night, only 34.6%)
Park colonial - currently near 90% sold. (310 out of 805 units was sold on that CM night, 38.5%)

Did u see the gap in terms of % sold betw now vs during that CM night was a rather big gap? Sales could have stagnated after the CM night for these 3 projects if buyers think they are overpriced. But from the data, they are still selling well even after that CM night.

Projects launched after CM that sold reasonably well includes:
Tre Ver - near 90%
Parc esta - 71%
Whistler grand - near 65%
Affinity - 65%
To be fair to the ill-fated treasure@ Tampines, it’s monthly transaction still looks healthy, but this project % sold remains Low (about 40%) due to too many units within the project. It is not as if it’s not moving, but probably takes more time to sell.
(Bear in mind some of the above are mega size projects, just quoting a few examples.)

I don’t even want to quote the figures for other projects that sells well which includes sky Everton, neu at Novena, Holland, Mayfair garden, the arena, the addition, sea pavilion because all these are rather small size projects. It will mislead others thinking that I’m trying to paint a rosy picture here.

Of coz, there are also quite a number of projects that are still below 20% sales, some even single digit.

Last edited:

Clazav

Reaction score
Parents will make decisions for the family. And it is not you who can judge whether they make the right or wrong decision. The parents may think that condo investment is the right way compared to hdb. To be prudent, they bite the bullet and squeeze in a one bedder first for the time being, instead of a bigger unit. This is pretty common for family with young kids.

There are always 101 ways to reason with and console oneself for making a bad decision, though flawed. I am not referring to you, but in general: people who overpaid for condos, people who move from prime HDBs to ulu condos, families who squeeze into 1 bedders etc.

If a family of 4 has to squeeze into a 1-bedder, it is indisputable that they don't belong to condo in the first place.

8zaoyu

Reaction score
When you are married and have kids, that is the one of the most treasured moments. To open your eyes and see your younglings sleeping so soundly and peacefully.

Dont assume kids want bigger room and privacy. That is only true when they are much older. Dont you know that kids like to bunk in with their parents and refuse to leave the room?
Before we had keys, in the late 60s/early 70s, to our HDB flats, there were no such things as "rooms" in our kampong houses or rented rooms above shophouses, we built our own plank-beds/loft beds and "cubicles" for privacy for the beyond puberty kids who definitely wants their own playrooms/personal rest/sleeping areas. Since this is in the thread of "Treasure at Tampines", which is less than 50% sold and around EC prices, can 50% of the balance units be sold to HDB for ECs? As noticed, so many HDB owners have "MOP-ed" and want Condo life. So many dual income families may have accepted to staying less than 1000 sq feet apts, no longer entertain guests in their Living Room, rather in Condo Functions Rooms/Entertainment Rooms, etc. No need to think where to build new BTOs, clear stock of existing units of Pte Condos. The HDB & the Pte Condo have to brainstorm to become back to "HUDC" era?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm somehow similar to same stretch condo, SANTORINI.

6XysePC.jpg

Q BAY

oduvXwp.jpg

Was expecting 1600 to 1700 at most for this kinda location.
Can fetch 1900 really surprised me. :D

I think treasure location definitely better than this.

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea Probably it’s a new condo and hence $1900.

A quick search on prop guru, over 100 listings for rental, starting from $1.8k for the 1 bedders.

A good indication for Treasure & Tapestry.
Whole SG Rental has slightly improved as compared to last year. With lower vacancy rates.
NmNMW3Q.jpg

Was expecting 1600 to 1700 at most for kinda location.

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
URA property market info.

Updated every Tuesday & Friday 5pm for sales transactions.
Rental transactions for previous month will update every 15/16th of the month.

May I know what App is this? Very informative. Thanks in advance.

Clazav

Reaction score
I see. Somehow I downloaded it but it doesn't seems to work for my phone. Not sure why though, but thank you :)

URA property market info.

Updated every Tuesday & Friday 5pm for sales transactions.
Rental transactions for previous month will update every 15/16th of the month.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was expecting 1600 to 1700 at most for this kinda location.

Bro,

Your expectation is correct. When 2,200 units come onto the market together with Tapestry...you can expect to see that kind of rental.

Give me a five✋

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...easures-glut-private-homes-calls-easing-curbs

Mr. Kwek is suggesting the government help Developers Escape absd penalty and further fill up their pockets so that they make more and more $$$$. (Do you think this plea is coming from someone poorer than us?)

When an investor makes a wrong decision, he loses money. Here, when developers buy at a high price and cannot sell all at a high price, they ask for government intervention.

The gentlemanly way is to play by the rules, either sell at a loss or pay penalty. The rules are plain and clear for all to see. In fact the government should clamp down on their stay-first-pay-later and other fanciful schemes that take advantage of ‘loopholes’.

Can multiple property buyers ask government to excuse them from paying absd? Can landlord ask for relief to pay property tax? Can I request my employer not to give me ‘immense pressure’ in my work so that I can be more relax?

Last edited:

8zaoyu

Reaction score
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...easures-glut-private-homes-calls-easing-curbs

Mr. Kwek is suggesting the government help Developers Escape absd penalty and further fill up their pockets so that they make more and more $$$$. (Do you think this plea is coming from someone poorer than us?)

When an investor makes a wrong decision, he loses money. Here, when developers buy at a high price and cannot sell all at a high price, they ask for government intervention.

The gentlemanly way is to play by the rules, either sell at a loss or pay penalty. The rules are plain and clear for all to see. In fact the government should clamp down on their stay-first-pay-later and other fanciful schemes that take advantage of ‘loopholes’.

Can multiple property buyers ask government to excuse them from paying absd? Can landlord ask for relief to pay property tax? Can I request my employer not to give me ‘immense pressure’ in my work so that I can be more relax?
I hope our current SG governors are not soft-hearted to Shermen's current or subsequent pleas. Otherwise, lose my family's votes! And between, if Sengkang Grand is @ $1.8 psf,
it means that families are paying $1.8 mil for a ideally 1000 sq. ft family unit. People who are buying smaller than this ideal minimum family size unit are either singles and investors renting out to foreigners whom we have to give up our high level jobs to. Yep, double think before you hand down your cheque.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.