[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Would it be better to keep at slighter lower temp, like example using a fan? I am experiencing random death every few days and i dont know why. If this carries on, maybe soon all the shrimps are gone.

cherry shrimps are very accustom to our local water and temp esp those home breed ones.

may I know where you get your shrimps from?
how old is your tank and what is the set up like eg tank size, what filter and your water change freq?

I think your water is the main culprit instead of the temp.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One lady from my granny's guppy tank was swimming vertical and up lorry next day le. Then I notice another lady is strangely very very skinny... :(
I need to get more women to join else wait unbalanced again.

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One lady from my granny's guppy tank was swimming vertical and up lorry next day le. Then I notice another lady is strangely very very skinny... :(
I need to get more women to join else wait unbalanced again.

Should just change to keeing feeder betta fishes as pets :o

I dump all about 50 feeder bettas into my 32 litres of tank containing about another 25 feeder platies. :o

Then also got buy a big big $10 anubias plant on driftwood and put inside as hiding places for them. :o

All the fishes v happy swimming around now compare to when i just buy them in damage torn fins or fish scale conditions :o

Whenever i approach the fish tank, all will quickly swim up and towards me for food :o

And when i use my finger to move around left and right, the fishes will follow :o

Last edited:

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
cherry shrimps are very accustom to our local water and temp esp those home breed ones.

may I know where you get your shrimps from?
how old is your tank and what is the set up like eg tank size, what filter and your water change freq?

I think your water is the main culprit instead of the temp.

CRS bought from C328. Assimilated before putting into tank.
Tank 1.5 ft running for 2.5 months. Weekly water change 10%.
HOB filter.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should just change to keeing feeder betta fishes as pets :o

I dump all about 50 feeder bettas into my 32 litres of tank containing about another 25 feeder platies. :o

Then also got buy a big big $10 anubias plant on driftwood and put inside as hiding places for them. :o

All the fishes v happy swimming around now compare to when i just buy them in damage torn fins or fish scale conditions :o

Whenever i approach the fish tank, all will quickly swim up and towards me for food :o

And when i use my finger to move around left and right, the fishes will follow :o

I seen LFS selling them all in a pail. Curious I don't see them biting each other though there are no hiding spots

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
CRS bought from C328. Assimilated before putting into tank.
Tank 1.5 ft running for 2.5 months. Weekly water change 10%.
HOB filter.

how you cycle the tank? by leaving it running with just treated tap water and the filter? do you add any beneficial bacteria during the cycling process?

is it a bare tank or there are plants and fish in there too?

ibrock

Reaction score
Anyone got try to keep emersed aquatic plants like regular potted plants?. Like, if I were to buy a pot of emersed potted tropica plant and just chuck it into a plant pot with some soil, will it survive? Opinions?

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically yes
I seen a video these are grown in controlled labs like a green house

Anyone got try to keep emersed aquatic plants like regular potted plants?. Like, if I were to buy a pot of emersed potted tropica plant and just chuck it into a plant pot with some soil, will it survive? Opinions?

HeiHeiHei

Master Member
Reaction score
is it advisable to keep corys with carpet plants like glossostigma elatinoides?

And is it a must to have co2 or liquid carbon injected for plants to grow well in a low tech tank? I do add flourish and root tab but even hardy plants like java moss and fern turned brown.

Does anybody want assassin snails? giving away for free.

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I seen LFS selling them all in a pail. Curious I don't see them biting each other though there are no hiding spots

I didnt buy it from pail. Those in pail are female bettas selling at 50cents-$3 and they are not feeder ones. :o

Those i bought are feeder bettas:o one bag for $3, inside contain about 60 betta :o

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didnt buy it from pail. Those in pail are female bettas selling at 50cents-$3 and they are not feeder ones. :o

Those i bought are feeder bettas:o one bag for $3, inside contain about 60 betta :o
These usually can live harmony together?

Joge517

Reaction score
is it advisable to keep corys with carpet plants like glossostigma elatinoides?

And is it a must to have co2 or liquid carbon injected for plants to grow well in a low tech tank? I do add flourish and root tab but even hardy plants like java moss and fern turned brown.

Does anybody want assassin snails? giving away for free.
Eh.... Its no longer a low tech tank if u inject co2.
Most plants do better with higher co2 in the water, its a essential nutrient for their growth. Its also much easier to tweak the balance between strong lights and co2 if u are running co2 injection.
However If even super hardy plants like java ferns are not doing well in yr tank, u need to reassess what could be the other possible causes liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.