View Single Post
Old 20-12-2019, 10:06 PM   #4
galacticnick

in prague, the vast majority of sights are concentrated in the old town, which is extremely compact. two full days is more than sufficient. do devote another full day for cesky krumlov, which is three hours by bus from prague. if you have time, you can check out the bone church in kutna hora, one hour by train from prague, though i find it overrated (spent a grand total of ten minutes there).

the sights in budapest are more spread out, requiring more days. three full days at least, but more if you can. it's one of my favourite european cities for history, architecture and gastronomy.

i've never been to vienna. but salzburg is highly recommended as a base for exploring the region, though it is further away from prague and budapest. there are too many day trips you can make to nearby scenic mountains and lakes - hallstatt, berchtesgaden, wolfgangsee, et cetera. one week is not enough (that's how long i spent there this summer), though some attractions may be closed during winter. check out https://www.bigboytravel.com/europe/austria/salzburg/ for more ideas.
galacticnick is offline   Reply With Quote