Malaysia prepaid card

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Traveling to KL next month and not sure which prepaid card company to go for upon reaching KLIA.

Gonna stay for a week, probably some surfing of Internet and watch some videos on YouTube,so high data usage. Budget RM50?

Using Grid Mobile now, not sure if 1GB data enough for surfing Web and WhatsApp or not, any ideas?

Check out 🔥WeFly Malaysia Travel Sim Card with 4G Unlimited Data 1-8 days 3.5GB High speed Data at 20% off! $1.59 only. Get it on Shopee now! https://shopee.sg/product/71350056/1354145174?smtt=0.0.9

LobsterX

Reaction score
I’m going KL this Sunday,

I just need data ( more then better ), using telegram, WhatsApp, Google map, surfing internet....

Which hotlink better for me? I realised no more hotlink fast.....

Basically a Malaysia line for me to use for grab.... there is grab there right?

There's a Maxis Center think it's moved from KLIA to KLIA2, so you should be able to get its Hotlink Prepaid SIM pack at RRP RM10.

For more info: https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plan/hotlink-red/

mervin420

Reaction score
I’m going KL this Sunday,

I just need data ( more then better ), using telegram, WhatsApp, Google map, surfing internet....

Which hotlink better for me? I realised no more hotlink fast.....

Basically a Malaysia line for me to use for grab.... there is grab there right?

Yes there is grab in Malaysia

zulthezookeeper

Reaction score
I’m using Hotlink right now.

Is there a difference between reload and top up? I did a 10rm over the 7-11 counter. Though I did receive the message that it was successful, my main account balance didn't capture that 10rm.

It was still the previous balance. Anyone knows about this?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their Prepaid cards are ard 8/10rm only. Can buy at 7-11 stores in JB?
I used to see U Mobile prepaid SIM packs at 7-Eleven outlets, and maybe also Digi prepaid... Yes, can buy from there if stocks are available.

You can also get them from other convenience stores like myNews outlets.

I’m using Hotlink right now.

Is there a difference between reload and top up? I did a 10rm over the 7-11 counter. Though I did receive the message that it was successful, my main account balance didn't capture that 10rm.

It was still the previous balance. Anyone knows about this?
Reload and top up for these prepaid cards generally mean the same.

If you've received a message that it's successful, that means it's gone through. Strange why the account balance is not updated, if you've refreshed the page (if you're using the app), almost immediately...

I'd try to contact their customer service if it's still not up within half or one hour...

Last edited:

zulthezookeeper

Reaction score
Reload and top up for these prepaid cards generally mean the same.

If you've received a message that it's successful, that means it's gone through. Strange why the account balance is not updated, if you've refreshed the page (if you're using the app), almost immediately...

I'd try to contact their customer service if it's still not up within half or one hour...

Thanks for the info! Finally got it sorted. Apparently, there was an automatic charge for their ringtone add-on. Gotta make sure there isn't any auto-charge for add-ons!

Their validity period seems short, 10 days as of my previous top up. Bummer.

xsoldix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would recommend OYA for those with esim device
I used to use 28month Onexox sim.
But ended in Dec 2019 so i was looking out.

OYA
#1- the data you purchased never expires
I just went for jb day trip. Used less than 1GB.
$5 for 5GB or something only.
In my experience, per trip I won’t usually use >1GB.

#2- You get assigned a +60 phone number

#3- digi network, good reception for me at CS

:s8:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Finally got it sorted. Apparently, there was an automatic charge for their ringtone add-on. Gotta make sure there isn't any auto-charge for add-ons!

Their validity period seems short, 10 days as of my previous top up. Bummer.

It's basically RM1/day's validity from the date of reload, thus your RM10 gave you 10 days.

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Using elinking in jb now with my oppo phone, simply amazing ...no need to change some card just turn on the esim...
Now using their 2GB/1.1 rm promo

Anyone else using this?

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
quick confirmation, for onerox, is it necessary to manually create a new APN "XOX". Put in sim card and auto-detected celcom APN, so just wondering. No chance to test in Malaysia yet. Thanks.

hwsstx

Reaction score
quick confirmation, for onerox, is it necessary to manually create a new APN "XOX". Put in sim card and auto-detected celcom APN, so just wondering. No chance to test in Malaysia yet. Thanks.

No need to do anything besides putting in the SIM & enabling it.

APN auto detect & filled.

You should have ask the seller.

value0230

Reaction score

Have you purchase any FAT data plans yet? Wondering is it still 28 months if u don't top up.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
No need to do anything besides putting in the SIM & enabling it.

APN auto detect & filled.

You should have ask the seller.
Thanks, this is not for my own use but parents, so thought to ask here to be safe. Paiseh

Sent from M20X using GAGT

value0230

Reaction score
Using elinking in jb now with my oppo phone, simply amazing ...no need to change some card just turn on the esim...
Now using their 2GB/1.1 rm promo

Anyone else using this?

My app says subscription failed due to passport tax fee lol

Kelvin0217

Reaction score
XOX eSIM is coming to prepaid card users

I05UNU1.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.