Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
https://www.masterdynamic.com/products/mw07-plus-true-wireless-earphones
Went to Taka to audition E8 2.0. Didn’t quite like the fit. Thereafter went over to Stereo PS to try their first version of MW07. They didn’t have the Plus version for audition.

1.5hrs passed pretty quickly. The patented Fit Wings won me over srsly. Provided that level of sense of security that the AirPods Pro and other IEM earbuds didn’t gave me. In my whole time there I didn’t even have to re-adjust due to natural ear oil secretion which resulted in looseness of earbuds. I needed something to tide me over whilst waiting for my ciem from Music Santuary.

On website and in real life, the earbuds themselves don’t look that “hideous”. The D-shaped design didn’t really appeal to me from the web and in YouTube. But in real life it’s pretty nice. Wanted the Steel Blue color but no stock.

wcAP5UJ.jpg

xUFLBDQ.jpg

moK95l6.jpg

2LyZxJC.jpg

MWWMRAM.jpg

sNC5EbE.jpg

UGwl6Vn.jpg

2nOAxHJ.jpg

The things they gave in the package is kinda cool. Stainless steel charging case. Magnetic cloth bag. The USB-C to USB-C cable the black part is aluminium. Comes with USB adaptor. They have a graphite color charging case on their web. Bought separately if you wanna tho. I prefer that color as it’s less prone to get fingerprints and scratches. The Plus version of the MW07 is better in every way to the first version. The first version I auditioned on, the earbuds magnetic hold is weak as when you tilt the case opposite, it’ll just drop off.

I cut a small potion of self adhesive book wrap to stock on both the front and bottom of the case. As I read reviews that the case will get scratches from inevitable sliding in & out of the cloth bag. The case is very heavy. Coming from an AirPods Pro user previously, it’s a big difference in weight.

Sound quality:
The Lows: Bass is on the high side. Songs such as Jay-Z Feat. Alicia Keys - New York, Des’ree & Babyface - Fire, Landy Wen - 眼泪知道 sounds superb. The lows & the highs works hand in hand. Comparatively to Sennheiser MTW. It’s bassy but not muffled. A little on the high side to my liking. AirPods Pro is a little too Low. Sony WF-1000XM3 hits the sweet spot.

The Mids: Fares very badly in comparison to AirPods Pro. If you play Chinese songs such as Claire Kuo - 心墙, Shun Zi - 写一首歌, Robert Palmer - She Makes My Day, Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone, the AirPods Pro wins hands down. With the APP, I could hear the singer catching their breath in between their lines. Words pronunciation being sung somehow can get over-drowned by the too highly tuned lows (bass). With AirPods Pro, you could hear JJ Lin singing very clearly his 修炼爱情. But MW07 Plus I hear more of the acoustic guitar details in the background.

The Highs: This is my favourite part of the MW07 Plus. Instrument separation. Very sharp and detailed. You can hear the drum, off from the guitars, off from the harmonicas. Songs such as Lionel Richie - Stuck On You, Alphaville - Big In Japan, Wang Jie - 忘了你忘了我, Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up, the intro before the vocals come in, can hear the instrument separation very clearly. Beoplay E8 2.0 can perform very well in the highs as well. Very close call between the two.

Overall: Soundstage is fantastic. Idk if it’s the 10mm Beryllium Drivers that’s driving the high-fidelity sound. Why did Flossy Carter say this MW07 Plus is too soft? So many times I had to down volume to 55-60%. With the AirPods Pro I’m on 65-68%.

I think earbuds it’s really down to personal preferences. This brand not so mainstream.

The stainless steel case feels so cold in an aircon room when you bring it to your face lol. Reported playing time of 10 hours on earbuds is fantastic but I don’t think I can fully test it. My ears can only manage to test max 5 hours (on an airplane) before they need a break.

The cons about the MW07 Plus is there’s no app. So no firmware updates? And also no battery percentage indicator. Only inside case with lights indicator.

Edit: Battery % indicator is available if you pair up with iPhone. Swipe right to widgets under Batteries widget.

Last edited:

John010

Reaction score
https://www.masterdynamic.com/products/mw07-plus-true-wireless-earphones
Went to Taka to audition E8 2.0. Didn’t quite like the fit. Thereafter went over to Stereo PS to try their first version of MW07. They didn’t have the Plus version for audition.

1.5hrs passed pretty quickly. The patented Fit Wings won me over srsly. Provided that level of sense of security that the AirPods Pro and other IEM earbuds didn’t gave me. In my whole time there I didn’t even have to re-adjust due to natural ear oil secretion which resulted in looseness of earbuds. I needed something to tide me over whilst waiting for my ciem from Music Santuary.

On website and in real life, the earbuds themselves don’t look that “hideous”. The D-shaped design didn’t really appeal to me from the web and in YouTube. But in real life it’s pretty nice. Wanted the Steel Blue color but no stock.

wcAP5UJ.jpg

xUFLBDQ.jpg

moK95l6.jpg

2LyZxJC.jpg

MWWMRAM.jpg

sNC5EbE.jpg

UGwl6Vn.jpg

2nOAxHJ.jpg

The things they gave in the package is kinda cool. Stainless steel charging case. Magnetic cloth bag. The USB-C to USB-C cable the black part is aluminium. Comes with USB adaptor. They have a graphite color charging case on their web. Bought separately if you wanna tho. I prefer that color as it’s less prone to get fingerprints and scratches. The Plus version of the MW07 is better in every way to the first version. The first version I auditioned on, the earbuds magnetic hold is weak as when you tilt the case opposite, it’ll just drop off.

I cut a small potion of self adhesive book wrap to stock on both the front and bottom of the case. As I read reviews that the case will get scratches from inevitable sliding in & out of the cloth bag. The case is very heavy. Coming from an AirPods Pro user previously, it’s a big difference in weight.

Sound quality:
The Lows: Bass is on the high side. Songs such as Jay-Z Feat. Alicia Keys - New York, Des’ree & Babyface - Fire, Landy Wen - 眼泪知道 sounds superb. The lows & the highs works hand in hand. Comparatively to Sennheiser MTW. It’s bassy but not muffled. A little on the high side to my liking. AirPods Pro is a little too Low. Sony WF-1000XM3 hits the sweet spot.

The Mids: Fares very badly in comparison to AirPods Pro. If you play Chinese songs such as Claire Kuo - 心墙, Shun Zi - 写一首歌, Robert Palmer - She Makes My Day, Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone, the AirPods Pro wins hands down. With the APP, I could hear the singer catching their breath in between their lines. Words pronunciation being sung somehow can get over-drowned by the too highly tuned lows (bass). With AirPods Pro, you could hear JJ Lin singing very clearly his 修炼爱情. But MW07 Plus I hear more of the acoustic guitar details in the background.

The Highs: This is my favourite part of the MW07 Plus. Instrument separation. Very sharp and detailed. You can hear the drum, off from the guitars, off from the harmonicas. Songs such as Lionel Richie - Stuck On You, Alphaville - Big In Japan, Wang Jie - 忘了你忘了我, Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up, the intro before the vocals come in, can hear the instrument separation very clearly. Beoplay E8 2.0 can perform very well in the highs as well. Very close call between the two.

Overall: Soundstage is fantastic. Idk if it’s the 10mm Beryllium Drivers that’s driving the high-fidelity sound. Why did Flossy Carter say this MW07 Plus is too soft? So many times I had to down volume to 55-60%. With the AirPods Pro I’m on 65-68%.

I think earbuds it’s really down to personal preferences. This brand not so mainstream.

The stainless steel case feels so cold in an aircon room when you bring it to your face lol. Reported playing time of 10 hours on earbuds is fantastic but I don’t think I can fully test it. My ears can only manage to test max 5 hours (on an airplane) before they need a break.

The cons about the MW07 Plus is there’s no app. So no firmware updates? And also no battery percentage indicator. Only inside case with lights indicator.

Awesome review. Did you test them side by side other tws other than the Sony?

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
Awesome review. Did you test them side by side other tws other than the Sony?

Yeah. Wasn’t an exact test as Stereo didn’t have the Plus version on demo. So I compared between Sennies MTW, 1000XM3 & MW07.

YouTube can only based on reviews by ‘Aaron is Loud and Wireless’, Flossy Carter. The latter’s review ain’t that accurate. Aaron didn’t actually go into different genre sound comparison. But he always like to test on latency - audio to video test.

Other reviewers like Mike Wat & JimsReviewRoom haven’t tested the MW07 Plus yet. Mike Wat tested the version 1.

I’m a mid vocals and high treble frequencies person. The MW07 does fall terribly short on mids. Highs like harmonicas & xylophone sounds is crisp. Vocal sibilance such as when Singers pronounced those ssss sound can be heard clearly. What I don’t need so much - the lows (bass), the mw07+ has aplenty. Gosh 🤢.

The new Black Quartz color which is OOS is nice. That’s the only new color of the Plus version. It’s a collab with Kevin Durant’s company Studio 35.

Oh yes. Connection is TOP notch too. No latency on SBC connection on my ZX300. Previously AirPods Pro on SBC connection with my dap was bad. Choppy on & off. APP really can only pair very well with iPhone.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review... wonder if they would release an app in the near future. No app can't do personalized adjustment to EQ. and no firmware update.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya lor. So many competitors have app for their earbuds. If have app, 1st thing I’d do is definitely reduce the bass and bring the vocals more forward.

Also, it doesn’t have wireless charging, though not a feature I’d use anyway. 40 hours in total in playback time is a tank.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How's the sound quality as compared to sennheiser mtw? I'm using that now, but am quite displeased with the battery and intermittent Bluetooth connection issues. Would have given up on it if not for the superb sound quality.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
How's the sound quality as compared to sennheiser mtw? I'm using that now, but am quite displeased with the battery and intermittent Bluetooth connection issues. Would have given up on it if not for the superb sound quality.

Those 2 issues that you’re facing bro, are good enough pointers to go for the mw07+.

KRPUyGr.jpg

I used crinacle’s chart to compare, while trying out in person, so that I know and can pinpoint what specifically to look out for.

eH5jJqw.jpg

Sennies excellent sq is undeniable. Mike Wat rated it very highly too. Reason being so - bass is good. Singers’ vocals - both males & females you can hear them clearly their 咬字 pronunciation.

The 2.5kHz to 5kHz range, Sennies chose to roll it down. Whereas mw07+ chose to bump it up. The cons here is, listening fatigue will set in if we are to marathon listen to mw07+ for too long. Pros here is can hear high frequencies instruments clearer.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
9NLyFZN.jpg

D7vs4Pf.jpg

Simply marvel at the handcrafted acetate finishing. Can see the white marble ascent grains.

With 4 mics, call quality voice clarity for: hearing the other party and my own speech is TOP notch too. On ambient mode while making calls.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks bro for so much details. u mentioned the website has a graphite finish for the charging case... but it's still stainless steel so I think can still get scratches just maybe less obvious bah :(

sound quality seems to be on par with Sennheiser. but no app leh, jin sian. might want to hold my horses.

btw how much u got for? haven't seen it yet in changi airport last week when I came back.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks bro for so much details. u mentioned the website has a graphite finish for the charging case... but it's still stainless steel so I think can still get scratches just maybe less obvious bah :(

sound quality seems to be on par with Sennheiser. but no app leh, jin sian. might want to hold my horses.

btw how much u got for? haven't seen it yet in changi airport last week when I came back.

For me based on overall SQ, I’d say Sennies win leh. Mw07+ drown out a lot of my Chinese songs as Chi songs more on vocals, piano, acoustic guitars. Lesser on electric guitars and other high pitch instruments.

I gian the graphite color case. But no point to buy lar coz useless to keep 2 cases too.

I got it at Stereo Plaza Sing ytd. You can go to their webby or physical shop to check it out bro.

Skali you also on the spot kena poisoned haha.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me based on overall SQ, I’d say Sennies win leh. Mw07+ drown out a lot of my Chinese songs as Chi songs more on vocals, piano, acoustic guitars. Lesser on electric guitars and other high pitch instruments.

I gian the graphite color case. But no point to buy lar coz useless to keep 2 cases too.

I got it at Stereo Plaza Sing ytd. You can go to their webby or physical shop to check it out bro.

Skali you also on the spot kena poisoned haha.

ah... in that case I think I'll not upgrade yet. will wait for Sennheiser to see if they are going to release an upgrade to their mtw.

the lack of app and the easily scratched case... turns me away.

John010

Reaction score
Yeah. Wasn’t an exact test as Stereo didn’t have the Plus version on demo. So I compared between Sennies MTW, 1000XM3 & MW07.

YouTube can only based on reviews by ‘Aaron is Loud and Wireless’, Flossy Carter. The latter’s review ain’t that accurate. Aaron didn’t actually go into different genre sound comparison. But he always like to test on latency - audio to video test.

Other reviewers like Mike Wat & JimsReviewRoom haven’t tested the MW07 Plus yet. Mike Wat tested the version 1.

I’m a mid vocals and high treble frequencies person. The MW07 does fall terribly short on mids. Highs like harmonicas & xylophone sounds is crisp. Vocal sibilance such as when Singers pronounced those ssss sound can be heard clearly. What I don’t need so much - the lows (bass), the mw07+ has aplenty. Gosh 🤢.

The new Black Quartz color which is OOS is nice. That’s the only new color of the Plus version. It’s a collab with Kevin Durant’s company Studio 35.

Oh yes. Connection is TOP notch too. No latency on SBC connection on my ZX300. Previously AirPods Pro on SBC connection with my dap was bad. Choppy on & off. APP really can only pair very well with iPhone.

You can try the Noble Falcon the next time you are there, I'm currently using this and I'm not surprise you may like it based on your preference.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Those 2 issues that you’re facing bro, are good enough pointers to go for the mw07+.

KRPUyGr.jpg

I used crinacle’s chart to compare, while trying out in person, so that I know and can pinpoint what specifically to look out for.

eH5jJqw.jpg

Sennies excellent sq is undeniable. Mike Wat rated it very highly too. Reason being so - bass is good. Singers’ vocals - both males & females you can hear them clearly their 咬字 pronunciation.

The 2.5kHz to 5kHz range, Sennies chose to roll it down. Whereas mw07+ chose to bump it up. The cons here is, listening fatigue will set in if we are to marathon listen to mw07+ for too long. Pros here is can hear high frequencies instruments clearer.

Thanks for the comparison. I must be one of the rare ones who hasn't really officially tried the Sennheiser, but I've reviewed the MW07+ as well as the cheaper MW07 GO. Indeed, the MW07+ is pretty much what you have described, delivers a slightly finer, more sizzling treble presence and a bass that fills a larger space. It is tempting to say the MW07+ sounds better but it is a matter of preference. I would say if you like treble to be more transparent, then MW07+ would give you that gratification. I tend to like MW07 GO for a more balanced sound, and the fabric case is a lot easier to maintain.

MW07GO_MW07PLUS_4.jpg

Agree it's a shame MW07 series does not come with app, but I suppose software is not something that they are focusing on. Master & Dynamic is always about design and style. It's easy to agree that Sony WF1000XM3 is a far better overall package - great sound, better ANC, app personalisation, etc.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison. I must be one of the rare ones who hasn't really officially tried the Sennheiser, but I've reviewed the MW07+ as well as the cheaper MW07 GO. Indeed, the MW07+ is pretty much what you have described, delivers a slightly finer, more sizzling treble presence and a bass that fills a larger space. It is tempting to say the MW07+ sounds better but it is a matter of preference. I would say if you like treble to be more transparent, then MW07+ would give you that gratification. I tend to like MW07 GO for a more balanced sound, and the fabric case is a lot easier to maintain.

MW07GO_MW07PLUS_4.jpg

Agree it's a shame MW07 series does not come with app, but I suppose software is not something that they are focusing on. Master & Dynamic is always about design and style. It's easy to agree that Sony WF1000XM3 is a far better overall package - great sound, better ANC, app personalisation, etc.

Oh my! You are Chester Tan bro? When I went to your website to read your reviews (nice reviews btw), then I realised that you’re our famous local pianist - Chester Tan.

I have your Rock Piano music CD! You really made all my fav 80s songs sound so nice on piano...Sheriff - When I’m With You, Europe - Carrie, Michael Damien - Was It Nothing At All, Bad English - When I See You Smile...all superbly played. That was like almost 8, 9 yrs ago?

Didn’t know you review wireless earbuds too. Shall take note of your webby now, tks!

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Oh my! You are Chester Tan bro? When I went to your website to read your reviews (nice reviews btw), then I realised that you’re our famous local pianist - Chester Tan.

I have your Rock Piano music CD! You really made all my fav 80s songs sound so nice on piano...Sheriff - When I’m With You, Europe - Carrie, Michael Damien - Was It Nothing At All, Bad English - When I See You Smile...all superbly played. That was like almost 8, 9 yrs ago?

Didn’t know you review wireless earbuds too. Shall take note of your webby now, tks!

Hi! Thanks! You made my day :s13:

Now with streaming platforms, no need to buy CD also can enjoy the albums :). Check out my other albums on the various platforms https://fanlink.to/chestertan

juzgood

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience, after few months of usage, has your experience with the MW07 changes to the better or worse?

Last edited:

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience, after few months of usage, has your experience with the MW07 changes to the better or worse?

You didn't really have to quote the entire post to ask a question

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
@juzgood: I’ve since sold the MW07+. Selling it doesn’t mean I do not like it anymore. But I have my other source of ciems as my music enjoyment.

In terms of experience with regards to ease of pairing to iPhone as a DAP, AirPods Pro is always ahead. In terms of SQ, overall best TWS imo is Sennheiser MTW.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.