The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
My Oliver Peoples spec finally have cracks after 8 years of heavy usage. :(

Time to get another pair.

It pays to invest in good pair of frame.
The gold coating on the side frame doesn’t fade much. \o/ \o/

antecpro

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any comparison of Zoff vs Owndays that I would like to get reading glasses?

Thanks.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to confirm the model of lens that you get?

Recently made a pair and the shop says is Hoya, but it doesn't behave like the awesome reviews here. The 1.67 has massive color aberration so I had to go back to 1.6 (yay free money for the shop). Which does kind of follow Hoya's datasheet but even f*cking Owndays is doing better in this aspect with their 1.67 so something doesn't feel right here. Even the AR loses out to my previous unknown lens that I have with me right now.

Oh it's $200 for lens + $200 for frame btw. Single vision no blue no progressive no whatever.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoya, stellify or Pentax? Did they mention which was given to you? Stellify and Pentax are also under hoya.

Is it possible to confirm the model of lens that you get?

Recently made a pair and the shop says is Hoya, but it doesn't behave like the awesome reviews here. The 1.67 has massive color aberration so I had to go back to 1.6 (yay free money for the shop). Which does kind of follow Hoya's datasheet but even f*cking Owndays is doing better in this aspect with their 1.67 so something doesn't feel right here. Even the AR loses out to my previous unknown lens that I have with me right now.

Oh it's $200 for lens + $200 for frame btw. Single vision no blue no progressive no whatever.

tmc2505

Reaction score
Hi!Good day to all!
I would like to ask ... why are my new pair of hoya nulux classic hvll coating 1.6 lenses yellowish?
Can some experts please advise
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi!Good day to all!
I would like to ask ... why are my new pair of hoya nulux classic hvll coating 1.6 lenses yellowish?
Can some experts please advise
Thanks

Hi bro,

Nulux Classic HVLL comes with BlueControl, unless otherwise stated.

BlueControl makes the lenses appear yellowish.

tmc2505

Reaction score
Hi bro,

Nulux Classic HVLL comes with BlueControl, unless otherwise stated.

BlueControl makes the lenses appear yellowish.

Eyezoneopticalsg Thankyou for your prompt reply,what you mean all HVLL comes with blue control? actually i did not ask for blue control coating...

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Extra news

For parents here who are worried for their child myopia, a new form of myopia control lenses is open in the market for *certain* places. It’s called miyosmart/DIMS. You can Google it or ask over any questions over here(will try to answer)
White paper of the lenses is all online, results
Similar ortho-K lenses, non Invasive and it’s just a spectacle lenses.
Released by hoya a few months back. Results of test can be found on the articles too. If you need any further links then I will post here if you require.
Take note, it is a treatment lens and thus transitions/blue filter are not able to be added onto it. Material is 1.59 polycarbonate thus tougher and not easily chipped.(not scratch proof)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard bad stories about ppl who were giving things away for free, still kanna ask so many questions left right centre. :/
you try. check their ad to see where they stay, see their review briefly, then see their About (bio). not happy don't reply them. wait for next one

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Reaction score
My neighbourhood optics suggested Apollo lens 1.6 @ $220 for Myopia /astigmatism/Presbyopia correction...
Any alternative around this price range for juz the lens only. The branded ones seems pretty ex

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
1.6 progressives for 220 seems quite cheap already. But did they tell you what to expect e.g. distortions and how wide are the viewing zones?

My neighbourhood optics suggested Apollo lens 1.6 @ $220 for Myopia /astigmatism/Presbyopia correction...
Any alternative around this price range for juz the lens only. The branded ones seems pretty ex

Reaction score

1.6 progressives for 220 seems quite cheap already. But did they tell you what to expect e.g. distortions and how wide are the viewing zones?
No... didn’t. He said max view lens ...
my company can only reimburse $200 for eyecare.. any extra.. I will have to pay... was thinking if better paying for better brand or this Apollo lens is good enough

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I see, is this your first progressives?

No... didn’t. He said max view lens ...
my company can only reimburse $200 for eyecare.. any extra.. I will have to pay... was thinking if better paying for better brand or this Apollo lens is good enough

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.