reliable car rental co in perth?

KaReNaBoI

Reaction score
hi, i would like to know which are the cheap and reliable car rental companies in perth that i can book through?

recommendations for a fuel efficient car for 3 pax with 1 big luggage and 2 medium ones would also be appreciated!

looking to rent a car from the airport for 6 days

Last edited:

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, i would like to know which are the cheap and reliable car rental companies in perth that i can book through?

recommendations for a fuel efficient car for 3 pax with 1 big luggage and 2 medium ones would also be appreciated!

looking to rent a car from the airport for 6 days

goget
no bird.
you will find many companies at the airport and its probably the best option since you have to drive yourself to your airport and return the car

sanzhu

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go car park at old Airport

It's a crime ridden area

Many old manual car can easily quick start

Icefjord

Reaction score
No birds. Cheapest (especially the top cover $0 excess, really cheapest) and reliable. Cars are relatively new and clean. Rented twice from them (sydney and perth), no regrets.

But the child seats are old and sometimes dirty (can request for change though), and u need to install them on your own.

anti-spam

Reaction score
agree.. nobirds is the most common car rental in Perth. saw alot of their cars on the road

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I read a review and their child seats were pretty dirty so the parents were pretty upset about it. Otherwise, which other companies have child seats which are at least stored cleanly?

No birds. Cheapest (especially the top cover $0 excess, really cheapest) and reliable. Cars are relatively new and clean. Rented twice from them (sydney and perth), no regrets.

But the child seats are old and sometimes dirty (can request for change though), and u need to install them on your own.

mds8080

Reaction score
Whatever you do don't rent from Thrifty. I just came back from my holiday in Perth and had a bad experience from them. The car I got from their office at Perth airport was an older Toyota Corolla hatch and it already had 68K km mileage on it. On top of that, there were several existing damages on the car including scuffs, scratches, paint chips and dents in many places. One would expect a big name like Thrifty to provide a car in reasonable condition but this was really unexpected. Probably my worst car rental experience :(

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't rent from Thrifty. I just came back from my holiday in Perth and had a bad experience from them. The car I got from their office at Perth airport was an older Toyota Corolla hatch and it already had 68K km mileage on it. On top of that, there were several existing damages on the car including scuffs, scratches, paint chips and dents in many places. One would expect a big name like Thrifty to provide a car in reasonable condition but this was really unexpected. Probably my worst car rental experience :(

If i were you, i would have rejected it on the spot and demand they change the vehicle, if not just head a few doors away to Avis or Hertz

awhw

Reaction score
Actually I don’t mind older cars. There was once Thrifty assigned me a car with over 30K’s and a long list of existing damages. I wasn’t too bothered as long as the car drives well. Upon return, I was asked if there were new damages. I replied jokingly that it was already a total wreck when I collected it, and all was good.

I would have been more stressed if it was a brand new car with no recorded damage, and they would anyhow claim some damages against me. Sometimes there is nobody around to do a thorough check when we return the car.

kangaroobabe

Reaction score
Made a booking with Hertz. Wanted to get supercover for peace of mind, but there was no such option.. Anyone knows if they will offer over the counter? And what does maximum cover mean? There is no explanation provided..

Included
Unlimited Kilometers Included
Premium Emergency Roadside Service
Maximum Cover
Total Sales Tax 127.94 AUD
Location Fee 265.15 AUD
Vehicle Registration Fee 64.00 AUD
Admin Recovery

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Perth and rented from Hertz. When you collect the car, they will explain a the different coverages and convince you to buy so no worries about adding these to your booking now.

One thing I didn't like was that they told us we were getting a free upgrade to a bigger car (we didn't say yes or no, she just went on about it), then charged us AUD50 more and when we asked for the previous car they also can't really say anything and proceeded to charge us the extra.

Made a booking with Hertz. Wanted to get supercover for peace of mind, but there was no such option.. Anyone knows if they will offer over the counter? And what does maximum cover mean? There is no explanation provided..

Included
Unlimited Kilometers Included
Premium Emergency Roadside Service
Maximum Cover
Total Sales Tax 127.94 AUD
Location Fee 265.15 AUD
Vehicle Registration Fee 64.00 AUD
Admin Recovery

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Perth and rented from Hertz. When you collect the car, they will explain a the different coverages and convince you to buy so no worries about adding these to your booking now.

One thing I didn't like was that they told us we were getting a free upgrade to a bigger car (we didn't say yes or no, she just went on about it), then charged us AUD50 more and when we asked for the previous car they also can't really say anything and proceeded to charge us the extra.

I would question why they are charging extra when it's already 'free'

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.