Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread V [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
HDMI Arc I used Ugreen one ok leh. It got stated for HDMI Ar TV. I hooked up to my Yamaha Yas soundbar with HDMI Arc ...

Which model of the UGreen are you getting to work with MiTV ARC port.. according to this seller, the model of his UGreen HDMI Audio Extractor does not support MiTV

https://www.lazada.sg/products/ugre...o42.searchlist.list.4.73fd231dHN0IPd&search=1

YOILnUb.jpg

sumantochong

Reaction score
Sorry & my apology to you bro for my ignorance to read previous post. The one I hook up for HDMI Arc is for my Sony 43” to my Yamaha soundbar HDMI Arc, not XiaoMi Arc as my TV 55” yet to arrive ... Paiseh Paiseh

Which model of the UGreen are you getting to work with MiTV ARC port.. according to this seller, the model of his UGreen HDMI Audio Extractor does not support MiTV

https://www.lazada.sg/products/ugre...o42.searchlist.list.4.73fd231dHN0IPd&search=1

YOILnUb.jpg

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
I installed an apk from NAS. But dun show in the main page.. Can advise?

For Android OS, only those complying will show up in the Home page. Most people use side launcher to see the apk. If you die die must have it show on Home page and not too concern about risk to use 3rd party apps that will generate an icon in the home screen, go ahead and use an APK called TV App Repo

RaptureM3

Reaction score
If anyone has figured out how to run Netflix on the new Global 55RU version, please share here. :) The version from Aptoide doesn't work neither does sideloading Netflix APK.

Cheers!

P.S. Amazon Prime works wonderfully well from Aptoide though. No errors and HDR/5.1 etc all smooth.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If anyone has figured out how to run Netflix on the new Global 55RU version, please share here. :) The version from Aptoide doesn't work neither does sideloading Netflix APK.

Cheers!

P.S. Amazon Prime works wonderfully well from Aptoide though. No errors and HDR/5.1 etc all smooth.

Try this, 480p only. Supposedly the apk works for official Android TV device with Google Widevine DRM Level 1.
https://youtu.be/myiH7q7wtvY

If you want 720p or better, forget about it and get Mi Box S or Amazon FireTV Stick 4K.

Edit: I see you have Mi Box S already.

Last edited:

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya the alternative for 4k netflix is just plug in a firetv stick 4k via the tv onboard HDMI and USB port.

Was about usd25 during sales. Just use the xiaomi tv as cheap 4k panel

gundam77

Reaction score
$465 55 inch TV delivered today.

Up and running

Hi Richneo, you also bought it via Lazada during the Time Sale? Mine delivered last night. Checked with Seller on 'region settings' and their reply was "UK". However, my 'Mi Home' app on my android phone wasn't able to detect the TV unlike the other Xiaomi appliances I have. Anyone faces the same issue or can advise? Thanks.

gundam77

Reaction score
Hi all, unable to select audio language (Mandarin) for Korean shows on Channel U although it is stated as "Dual Language". Anyone can guide how do I go about to change it from Korean to Mandarin language? Thanks.

MZeee18

Reaction score
Can I check, my screen is flickering when trying to play 4K with HDR after I tweak some settings. Is it my HDMI Not compatible? Do I need to change it?

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Richneo, you also bought it via Lazada during the Time Sale? Mine delivered last night. Checked with Seller on 'region settings' and their reply was "UK". However, my 'Mi Home' app on my android phone wasn't able to detect the TV unlike the other Xiaomi appliances I have. Anyone faces the same issue or can advise? Thanks.

Mi home app is logged in using xiaomi account.

The xiaomi tv you got is google edition which uses Google account.

The 2 are different

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
55 inch global edition is on flash sales this evening at lazada again. $499 before further vouchers

gundam77

Reaction score
Mi home app is logged in using xiaomi account.

The xiaomi tv you got is google edition which uses Google account.

The 2 are different

Morning richneo and thanks for the clarifications on that.

Still unable to figure out the 'Dual Language' settings on the TV to change from Korean to Chinese audio though... Googled but mainly to do with changing Language settings (User-interface) on the TV only. Anyone can advise?

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Can I check, my screen is flickering when trying to play 4K with HDR after I tweak some settings. Is it my HDMI Not compatible? Do I need to change it?

This is because MiTV is not actually HDR TV but a TV that has only HDR decoders. Some people said better to turn off the HDR function if there are colouring changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.