Bone conduction headphones

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anybody got try?

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT

They nice, but don't buy the China brand ones, as a lot of them are fake bone conduction headphones.

How to test is simple, use fingers plug your ears if the music quality never change means is real. Those fake ones are just putting speakers near your ears, you plug your ears you can't hear it anymore.

Firefly01

Reaction score
The main reason I'm asking is cos I'm thinking of getting one for use while I'm cycling or at the office. Can hear my surroundings. Sound quality wise I'm not expecting audiophile standards, just decent will do.

Seems that currently Aftershokz is the only big player in this market...

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT

ronnie_gogs

Reaction score
I use Aftershokz Titanium while cycling... Commuting I don't like to use it so much as I can barely hear anything in the traffic and if I max out volume to hear I am cutting out my awareness of surrounding. For a nice solo 60km (roundtrip) ride along the Changi Coastal road stretch its perfect..

Durability test : I did Tour de Bintan Gran Fondo 82km last year wearing them.. Pouring rain for almost 3+ hours

Last edited:

hakunaymatata

Reaction score
Which model exactly bro? I am actually looking around now.

I get jaw fatigue after using them for some time though! That's due to the vibrations when you up the volume.. even on the train I find it difficult to hear anything unless you cover your ears.

Firefly01

Reaction score
I get jaw fatigue after using them for some time though! That's due to the vibrations when you up the volume.. even on the train I find it difficult to hear anything unless you cover your ears.
These are not exactly suited to noisy environments. In an office or other low noise floor setting however these are fantastic for being able to enjoy your music while still retaining spatial awareness.

Sent from an Android phone using GAGT

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought Aftershokz Aeropex last week ...

Now my wife like to use it often when she work from home... using for meetings mostly and watching dramas on YouTube.

Phone calls and voice meetings is fantastic.

Funny thing is if I need extra boost for bass, I just need to plug my left ear with the supplied marshmallow earplug... right side no need to plug. :s13:

Maybe will buy another set if got sales.

hakunaymatata

Reaction score
These are not exactly suited to noisy environments. In an office or other low noise floor setting however these are fantastic for being able to enjoy your music while still retaining spatial awareness.

Sent from an Android phone using GAGT
Yar I use them in office mainly or sometimes when I'm out cycling.. but at times on the way to gym and if I want to listen to something it's quite troublesome to carry another headset so have got to out up with it..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.