Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

skinergy

Reaction score
Hey anyone know how to transfer NLB's ODM (audiobooks) to Kindle?

After some research, realised no way to load MP3s into the Audible folder. Well, simple solution for MP3 ebooks borrowed from NLB, just load into my phone and listen from there!

aspenx

Reaction score
You're fortunate, my Paperwhite can't even read epub formats.
For epub I'll go online to convert it to mobi format.

It is better to do your conversions offline with Calibre:
https://calibre-ebook.com/

It's been more than 6 years since I came to HWZ and it looks to me that the Kindle is not too popular in Sg? I've had mine for more than 4 years and still enjoying it. Highly recommended for anyone serious about reading (although I don't know what the options and features are for buying locally).

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is better to do your conversions offline with Calibre:
https://calibre-ebook.com/

It's been more than 6 years since I came to HWZ and it looks to me that the Kindle is not too popular in Sg? I've had mine for more than 4 years and still enjoying it. Highly recommended for anyone serious about reading (although I don't know what the options and features are for buying locally).

Calibre is the way to go to convert ePub to mobi. :s12:

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone find kindle books now getting more expensive?

Last time always got 40% - 60% discount in kindle store. Now always like 20% nia.

Now most of them almost same price as paperback. Last time easily 30-40% cheaper :( :(

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
My new Paperwhite 4 contrast looks worse than on Paperwhite 2. Is that normal? The text looks kinda greyish and not as black. Kinda looks lower resolution. Thinking whether to return it and get the Oasis or Kobo Libra instead.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
My new Paperwhite 4 contrast looks worse than on Paperwhite 2. Is that normal? The text looks kinda greyish and not as black. Kinda looks lower resolution. Thinking whether to return it and get the Oasis or Kobo Libra instead.

iS2v02w.jpg

All 3 at same brightness. Loaded up manga so the diff is easier to spot. Left is Paperwhite 4 and middle is Paperwhite 2. Paperwhite 4 text is kinda faint and "shade" is not as black as the other 2 devices.

Last edited:

osmond19

Reaction score
Bad experience from ValueBestAsia. Pls dun buy from them not sure about other seller in qoo10.

I bought the Kindle PW last week and received the kindle on Saturday. When i open up, i was surprise to see a black/ grey dead pixel on the device and contacted the seller. The seller was slow in responding and ended fwd me a note that they do not accept any exchange for 3 or below dead pixels.

So i went to contact Amazon and was referred to Amazon.co.jp, Amazon is not able to ship an replacement to me unless I have a Japanese address, I tried to ask if able to ship to a forwarder but they said cannot.

Anyone got experience dealing with Amazon.co.jp before?

i bought my paperwhite 2 years ago.

pros
insane battery life. i can use it for days and battery life is still good
can store many books

cons
not so good when reading epub formats
screen light not so good for the eyes in the long term
it has a very old school feel when reading stuff on the kindle

i bought the paperwhite and casing from here.
https://www.qoo10.sg/shop/valuebestasia

Success

Reaction score
Do you guys use a screen protector with your PW4?

I have it on but I have been thinking of taking it off.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Recently my kindle 7th generation.
When try to sign in. It shows some error like "There is an error, please try again later". When I restart the device several times. It still doesn't work. Please note the device is latest version at 5.12.3

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Any differences between US and Jap? I’m planning to buy kindle and jap version is $10 cheaper.

mine is the jap version but they don't deliver here. need to use tenso and the delivery price add up could be more than $10.

few years ago , mine was way more cheaper & can cover the delivery.

it was still work so far . no issues , anything i can contact amazon japan. only problem is the delivery & must talk japanese.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.