Xiaomi MIPAD 4

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mipad 4 problem is the Google store and also the email client. I never got the email client to work. $198 can get tab A 8”. Better option

no prob at all leh...go google for how to install google store and get the mipad to work like normal tablet...simple 123 steps..

hkchew03

Reaction score
or even better, install havoc os

Tried Havoc, I think Arter97 kernel + Paranoid still the best, much smoother than havoc. Didn't like the lack of full screen gesture tho, but not sure any other ROM suitable for the kernel.

Hopefully mipad5 arrive soon with 730/735 CPU.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3rd party launcher? Can be dangerous. Installing playstore directly from miui forum is safest.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise where else can find wifi $200? :D

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

wizardundo

Reaction score
My Mipad 4 is suffering from bloated battery, the screen is being pushed up by the bloated battery. It is just a few months after the 1 year warranty (export set).. :(

48sFZ5I.jpg

osmond19

Reaction score
Tried Havoc, I think Arter97 kernel + Paranoid still the best, much smoother than havoc. Didn't like the lack of full screen gesture tho, but not sure any other ROM suitable for the kernel.

Hopefully mipad5 arrive soon with 730/735 CPU.

Any good customised rom to use for Android 10? I only see LineageOS. Havoc has stopped updating since Aug 2019 and the rom is abit laggy as well. I believe Havoc has moved to Android 10 but Mipad 4 version is not out yet.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Mipad 4 is suffering from bloated battery, the screen is being pushed up by the bloated battery. It is just a few months after the 1 year warranty (export set).. :(

48sFZ5I.jpg

Get the battery replaced in Singapore lor... better than throwing it away...

wizardundo

Reaction score
Get the battery replaced in Singapore lor... better than throwing it away...

Already checked with Xiaomi repair centre Singapore, they told me they dont sell mipad in Singapore so they dont have the parts to repair as well.. :(

Going to slowly source for local repair store..

P R N D

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, how to transfer APP to SD card?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

48sFZ5I.jpg

can be a few variations that result to this.

1) those china non-branded charger
2) USB cables are those cheap and thin one.. not certified usb type c cable.

till now, i have never had a single phone/tablet battery that is bloated.

as most of the time i use Anker/Ugreen/Baseus charger.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can be a few variations that result to this.

1) those china non-branded charger
2) USB cables are those cheap and thin one.. not certified usb type c cable.

till now, i have never had a single phone/tablet battery that is bloated.

as most of the time i use Anker/Ugreen/Baseus charger.

Suspect Xiaomi Quality issues (batch related, not systematic problem).

My Mi Max 1 also got battery swollen (about 2mm) problem after 2.5 years. Always using the original Xiaomi Charger and cable. That is the worst we get from a phone since I got my first phone in 1999. We got other smart phones from Apple, Oppo and Huawei and all are okay in terms of battery life span. Even the two old dead Samsung Galaxy S4 phones did not have swollen battery problem (but other problems, including lousy battery life).

Then my iPad 2 also got battery swollen problem but that is after 6.5 years of active use and half years of inactive use. Always use official Apple charger and original Apple Lightening Cable or Ugreen Lightening Cable. It swollen very badly (more than 50mm). Luckily it did not explode. Still that is very respectable product life.

I have thrown away the two devices. Supposedly I could change the battery for Mi Max 1 but I lose the confidence of the phone battery since quite a few users in the Mi Max Thread got the same problem after two years plus of usage. It was one of the early large screen phone with big battery and maybe the battery technology was not that good.

We got battery swollen problems with Nokia phones last time but again that is after quite a few years of active use.

That being said, in the P20 thread two users also reported battery swollen problem after around 1.5 years of usage for their P20 Pro, a premium phone.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.