Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seem like hotlink btr

At Bukit Indah side can't even surf net

You can always get a Hotlink SIM pack to try if it works better for your needs.

I was just at Bukit Indah the other day, Aeon, Tesco, and TF Value Mart, walking all the way. Was surfing, Grab, and online gaming without any disconnection. Yes, Digi Prepaid.

value0230

Reaction score
quick confirmation, for onerox, is it necessary to manually create a new APN "XOX". Put in sim card and auto-detected celcom APN, so just wondering. No chance to test in Malaysia yet. Thanks.

So for malaysia prepaid sims are you able to roam for free (receive sms/calls) without any plans like our Sg prepaid sim. Eg for xox / u mobile can roam in sg without any plans?

Hows the 4g speed for xox and u mobile in JB / Malaysia? Seems like Umobile will capped the speed to 3mbps above certain limit.

But Umobile data roaming packages is much cheaper in sg / thai.

Umobile initial validity is 10 days and has 60days grace period. Ie can top up Umobile after 10-59 days passed? How about xox?

XOX: No pay-per-use data charges. Avoid accidental data charges. How about Umobile?

Anyone tried porting / mnp from Umobile to xox yourself? Easy?

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quick confirmation, for onerox, is it necessary to manually create a new APN "XOX". Put in sim card and auto-detected celcom APN, so just wondering. No chance to test in Malaysia yet. Thanks.
You can test your SIM card at home, just make sure data and data roaming is turned off, and network put to 3G only.

If APN is not auto-detected, you may have to manually set it. Same for mobile network.

The dealer you bought your SIM pack from should be able to guide you in all these settings and stuff, most do. Good XOX dealers normally provide after-sales consultation.

So for malaysia prepaid sims are you able to roam for free (receive sms/calls) without any plans like our Sg prepaid sim. Eg for xox / u mobile can roam in sg without any plans?

Hows the 4g speed for xox and u mobile in JB / Malaysia? Seems like Umobile will capped the speed to 3mbps above certain limit.

But Umobile data roaming packages is much cheaper in sg / thai.

Umobile initial validity is 10 days and has 60days grace period. Ie can top up Umobile after 10-59 days passed? How about xox?

XOX: No pay-per-use data charges. Avoid accidental data charges. How about Umobile?

Anyone tried porting / mnp from Umobile to xox yourself? Easy?
Most Malaysia prepaid SIM cards can be used to roam without charge if there's no usage. Whether you'll be charge for usage depends... best to check with respective telcos. Example, I send/reply to Celcom's 5-digit numbers like 28882 without charge, while XOX is a different story.

XOX was alright the last times I used in MY, but U Mobile is one I've personally given up on. But being cheap, you can perhaps get a SIM card to try for yourself. You may be luckier or more patient than me. :)

More info on U Mobile can be found on their website.

As for XOX, I'd consult a dealer for guidance. For MNP to XOX, I'd also get a dealer to do it, one who can help to follow up too.

Last edited:

value0230

Reaction score
Most Malaysia prepaid SIM cards can be used to roam without charge if there's no usage. Whether you'll be charge for usage depends... best to check with respective telcos. Example, I send/reply to Celcom's 5-digit numbers like 28882 without charge, while XOX is a different story.

XOX was alright the last times I used in MY, but U Mobile is one I've personally given up on. But being cheap, you can perhaps get a SIM card to try for yourself. You may be luckier or more patient than me. :)

More info on U Mobile can be found on their website.

As for XOX, I'd consult a dealer for guidance. For MNP to XOX, I'd also get a dealer to do it, one who can help to follow up too.

Tried u mobile lately. Getting H+ most of the time. Not sure if because need to warm up. Reminds me of starhub which still use 3g for data. U mobile can get 4g but rarely.

Which card can get 4g initially or most of the time like M1?

M1 roaming using celcom can get 4g.

Hmm where can buy those normal celcom prepaid sim?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried u mobile lately. Getting H+ most of the time. Not sure if because need to warm up. Reminds me of starhub which still use 3g for data. U mobile can get 4g but rarely.

Which card can get 4g initially or most of the time like M1?

M1 roaming using celcom can get 4g.

Hmm where can buy those normal celcom prepaid sim?

I was using digi, freshly purchase and use is very good. But I top up and use after a month or so, got very lousy network. So now I switch to singtel roaming, $5 for 7 days 1GB. Don't need to change sim card, connect very good straight after you cross the border.
For my coming trip, I need data for 8 days, will see how I can top up. And how's the network from JB to Padang Besar :D

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was using digi, freshly purchase and use is very good. But I top up and use after a month or so, got very lousy network. So now I switch to singtel roaming, $5 for 7 days 1GB. Don't need to change sim card, connect very good straight after you cross the border.
For my coming trip, I need data for 8 days, will see how I can top up. And how's the network from JB to Padang Besar :D

Whenever I head up north with SIM cards like ST and Digi (1 dual-SIM phone) M1 and Hotlink (another dual-SIM phone), somehow ST is the slowest to capture and hook on the MY network. =:p

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whenever I head up north with SIM cards like ST and Digi (1 dual-SIM phone) M1 and Hotlink (another dual-SIM phone), somehow ST is the slowest to capture and hook on the MY network. =:p

I'm not using a dual-SIM phone :(
I use singtel roaming twice to JB, so far so good. Hope it's remain good for my trip to save trouble looking for a another sim card.
I think it's depend on individual usage and phone.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not using a dual-SIM phone :(
I use singtel roaming twice to JB, so far so good. Hope it's remain good for my trip to save trouble looking for a another sim card.
I think it's depend on individual usage and phone.
Ya, once you're on the network, shouldn't have any issue as SG's partners in the region are so far one of the tops in their respective countries. ;)

Where can I buy 5rm top up voucher online to extend grace period of my hotlink card?
ePay Malaysia website, can buy the reload and they'll give you a 16-digit code to use on the RED app.

kevinkoh1992

Reaction score
Ya, once you're on the network, shouldn't have any issue as SG's partners in the region are so far one of the tops in their respective countries. ;)

ePay Malaysia website, can buy the reload and they'll give you a 16-digit code to use on the RED app.

Epay only got 10rm onwards right? If minimum 10rm, might as well us inapp credit card top-up?

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Epay only got 10rm onwards right? If minimum 10rm, might as well us inapp credit card top-up?
Oh, is it? It's been so long since I last used that site that I've forgotten about the denominations already. My bad. :D

Where can I buy 5rm top up voucher online to extend grace period of my hotlink card?
I should have a spare or 2 Hotlink reload vouchers somewhere around. If you need one urgently, let me know and I'll PM you the 16-digit code. ;)

kevinkoh1992

Reaction score
Oh, is it? It's been so long since I last used that site that I've forgotten about the denominations already. My bad. :D

I should have a spare or 2 Hotlink reload vouchers somewhere around. If you need one urgently, let me know and I'll PM you the 16-digit code. ;)

Haha it's okay, but thanks for the offer bro. I'll grab a few of these vouchers when I'm in jb.

Maoqing

Reaction score
anyone able to activate the onexox esim in the XOX activation application.
always exit when need to scan passport.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.