TV Feature wall

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just want to ask if you guys think a TV Feature Wall is a good thing to have or just a waste of money? As well as built in tv console? Or just buy of the rack cheaper and better?

streamstyle

Reaction score
Online there is ready make TV feature wall less then 1k..

Sent from ֆǟʍֆʊռɢ ռօȶɛ10+ using GAGT

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
Good investment lah. U be looking at the TV for many hours per week. The surrounding must be nice mah. Also bto now so small built in furnishings are no brainers.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good investment lah. U be looking at the TV for many hours per week. The surrounding must be nice mah. Also bto now so small built in furnishings are no brainers.

Hmm u watch tv or the surrounding haha..just kidding.
Mine is 5 room resale and the tv wall quite long..thinking of not putting feature wall but put some plants , display cabinet etc at the side.

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm u watch tv or the surrounding haha..just kidding.
Mine is 5 room resale and the tv wall quite long..thinking of not putting feature wall but put some plants , display cabinet etc at the side.

At some point, you will change your TV, either due to obsolescence, or some irreparable fault.

Your existing old feature wall may not suit your replacement TV.

Unless you want the feature wall to conceal the cabling mess, TVs nowadays have quite nice stands if you want to place it on a console instead of wall mounting.

SpacePizza

Reaction score
Hi guys just want to ask if you guys think a TV Feature Wall is a good thing to have or just a waste of money? As well as built in tv console? Or just buy of the rack cheaper and better?

It is not needed practicality wise nor design wise to be honest.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At some point, you will change your TV, either due to obsolescence, or some irreparable fault.

Your existing old feature wall may not suit your replacement TV.

Unless you want the feature wall to conceal the cabling mess, TVs nowadays have quite nice stands if you want to place it on a console instead of wall mounting.

I think main bulk of the reasons for feature wall is to conceal the wiring and make the living room stand out.
Putting on console i scared the tv will topple down as i have small kids haha

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless your feature wall is built around a small tv & u upgrade then you’re screwed.

If the design doesn’t inhibit tv size then u can even change tv every year also no issue.

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
Or you could take the approach that I did, which is not to make the wall a feature for the TV.

I simply built a wall for the purpose of mounting the TV and hiding cables.

QcUjrxp.jpg

0ncno57.jpg

petetherock

Reaction score
I think main bulk of the reasons for feature wall is to conceal the wiring and make the living room stand out.
Putting on console i scared the tv will topple down as i have small kids haha

Or cut into the wall and mount it on a hard concrete wall. I mounted my 75" on the wall itself and the wires are hidden inside a canal I cut.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or you could take the approach that I did, which is not to make the wall a feature for the TV.

I simply built a wall for the purpose of mounting the TV and hiding cables.

QcUjrxp.jpg

0ncno57.jpg

Thats nice as well. Is that a partition wall?

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
Thats nice as well. Is that a partition wall?

Yes it is. Basically I hacked away the walls (anything that can be hacked at least) to make a space that's as open as possible, then rearrangement my spaces as I like.

You can see there is a door opening to the left:
KUMoa81.jpg

Behind this wall is where I designated my store room to be and the door is the entrance to it:
abUP3zl.jpg

RX2fZkB.jpg

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Basically I hacked away the walls (anything that can be hacked at least) to make a space that's as open as possible, then rearrangement my spaces as I like.

KUMoa81.jpg

Behind this wall is where I designated my store room to be and the door is the entrance to it:
abUP3zl.jpg

RX2fZkB.jpg

How did u run the cables? Is your console built in or ready made?

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

KUMoa81.jpg

abUP3zl.jpg

RX2fZkB.jpg

Nice design for the living area. Did you consider having the door concealed?

Those are really a lot of shoes/boots! :eek:

Your fire extinguisher hide inside the store room... like not very accessible leh... in emergency :s13: And quite dangerous to put so high up.. Accidentally bump the shelf, could topple over.

Last edited:

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
How did u run the cables? Is your console built in or ready made?

Console is made by my carpenter. It’s a separate piece. But this concept will work with store bought pre-made consoles too. Simply make a hole or holes on the wall behind the tv and behind the console. As long as the holes are big enough to run all your cables through.

The wall is hollow except for where the TV bracket is mounted. The bracket is mounted on wooden reinforcements built in by the partition people. The wall can contain any amount of cabling. So the location and size of the holes are the parts that require crucial planning.

Last edited:

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice design for the living area. Did you consider having the door concealed?

Those are really a lot of shoes/boots! :eek:

Your fire extinguisher hide inside the store room... like not very accessible leh... in emergency :s13: And quite dangerous to put so high up.. Accidentally bump the shelf, could topple over.
I think it’s as camouflaged as it can be. I’m sure there are less obvious methods, but this is as far as my budget stretches.

Fire extinguisher in a visible location is too ugly for me lah. Anyway, I live alone, so unlikely that it’ll topple over.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.