Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Well i did my police report earlier today. The police gave the same advise change phone number, inform your company and install CCTV. But still they calling me saying that they will post your picture at FB. Threaten you say dont let them found you anywhere on the street and stuffs. Im abit scared at first cause im staying with my grandma and nephew

Dont need to worry. Its just their way to intimidate and make u dear them. Ever hears of ahlong beating up debtors in the news?

Their runners are all debtors or youngsters trying to earn fast cash.

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Rule no.1

STOP PAYING. THIS ONE IS THE GOLDEN RULE.

I owe 22k plus to more than 10 stalls just to pay for school. Been 1 yr since i have been harassed. I think i paid more than what i owed.

Imagine paying 3 to 4 stalls a day to defer. Defer for close to 1 year until i buay tahan. Lost my job,friends,family, fiancee.

I understand sometimes banks dont loan to people due to their risk checks.

My advice to the new ones is to stop paying and report police. Tahan for 1-2 months of harassment. Sometimes u lucky nobody disturb. Depends whether they wanna send people or not. Cos if small amount its ridiculous for them to send a commando to splash paint. Cos this one cost money. No cheap.

Currently im picking up the pieces, try amend relation with the ones i lost. Was suicidal last time. Depressed for few months due to the situation.

Now i found a stable job and enjoying little things in life. :)

Lightsoulz

Reaction score
And they keep calling and threaten to come up and throw paint or even want to play fire. I try my best to stay awake every night as im staying with my grandma and nephew. Sometime i need to work night shift. That i am worrying me the most

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
It’s their tactics. No need to be afraid. Install cctv. We had all been through that before. My house was splashed. Now I am living a happier life. Deactivate your Facebook account first. Seriously after they splashed, I still refused to pay. They can’t do anything to me

And they keep calling and threaten to come up and throw paint or even want to play fire. I try my best to stay awake every night as im staying with my grandma and nephew. Sometime i need to work night shift. That i am worrying me the most

Lightsoulz

Reaction score
Alright. Thanks. But i did not chat thru Facebook. I straight away whatsapp them. So still need to deactivate Face book?

Lightsoulz

Reaction score
It’s their tactics. No need to be afraid. Install cctv. We had all been through that before. My house was splashed. Now I am living a happier life. Deactivate your Facebook account first. Seriously after they splashed, I still refused to pay. They can’t do anything to me

There are also texting my NOK asking me where am i since i change number. Any advise?

Reaction score
Alright. Thanks. But i did not chat thru Facebook. I straight away whatsapp them. So still need to deactivate Face book?

Just deactivate ur fb. And do not contact them. Block all unknown msg and call. As long as u stay uncontactable, soon they will finally give up. Do not give them chances to threaten u. Thats their tactic. If u keep contacting them, u r giving them chances to threaten u. Just ignore their msg and call and block them

Last edited:

Lightsoulz

Reaction score
Just deactivate ur fb. And do not contact them. Block all unknown msg and call. As long as u stay uncontactable, soon they will finally give up. Do not give them chances to threaten u. Thats their tactic. If u keep contacting them, u r giving them chances to threaten u. Just ignore their msg and call and block them

I see. Thank you so much. But there are still chances for them to come up to my house

Reaction score
Rule no.1

STOP PAYING. THIS ONE IS THE GOLDEN RULE.

I owe 22k plus to more than 10 stalls just to pay for school. Been 1 yr since i have been harassed. I think i paid more than what i owed.

Imagine paying 3 to 4 stalls a day to defer. Defer for close to 1 year until i buay tahan. Lost my job,friends,family, fiancee.

I understand sometimes banks dont loan to people due to their risk checks.

My advice to the new ones is to stop paying and report police. Tahan for 1-2 months of harassment. Sometimes u lucky nobody disturb. Depends whether they wanna send people or not. Cos if small amount its ridiculous for them to send a commando to splash paint. Cos this one cost money. No cheap.

Currently im picking up the pieces, try amend relation with the ones i lost. Was suicidal last time. Depressed for few months due to the situation.

Now i found a stable job and enjoying little things in life. :)

Glad to know life is stable now and thank you for coming back to help others. We need to talk to the Ministers to eradicate these crimes once and for all.

Reaction score
I see. Thank you so much. But there are still chances for them to come up to my house

Yes. But just go thru these ordeal. Most of the bro and sis here including myself had gone thru all these. Just let them do what they want.. sooner your life will go back to normal. Thats the only way to stop their harassment.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
We cannot tell you when or will they come up. You just need to be strong for your own mentality and stop paying them. If you scare of them and they will mindf*ck you more. Take some time and read all the stories we have here in this thread. All went through same ordeal.

Bestisyettocome123

Reaction score
Hi, for a start, this forum has been so helpful to me. Thank you guys.

I was scammed a couple of weeks ago, intended to take a loan but was too stubborn to listen to myself that what I'm doing is wrong. I knew it was UML but I chose to give the benefit of the doubt. That was the stupid me.
Now, things csnt be undone. Is a small amount that I owe and paid xxx. But UML has been asking me for more. So started ghosting them, my NOK did too. But my house still got splashed.
All police reports done.
I was so afraid at the start but after a few days even before the splashing, I thought to myself, there are bigger things in life to worry about.
Stay strong guys. I'm staying strong even though is tough at times but just say **** them when they start running through your mind.

seowliao

Reaction score
And they keep calling and threaten to come up and throw paint or even want to play fire. I try my best to stay awake every night as im staying with my XXXXXX and XXXXX. Sometime i need to work night shift. That i am worrying me the most

please refrain from disclosing too much info...just the same old trick and threats.. Brace up , install CCTV and stay vigilant.. Fight all these scammers. dont let them scam our hard earned money

seowliao

Reaction score
Glad to know life is stable now and thank you for coming back to help others. We need to talk to the Ministers to eradicate these crimes once and for all.

would love to see the bloody telco take on a more proactive step instead of just pushing everything to the police...these days you can see the sms/whatsapp are from all over the world

Reaction score
would love to see the bloody telco take on a more proactive step instead of just pushing everything to the police...these days you can see the sms/whatsapp are from all over the world

They are using international number mainly from malaysia, indonesia, philippine, india, china and Bangladesh. Im wonder if all these lines are from their debtors( foreign workers) who sell to them. But now i also received loan sms and watsapp from countries Like hongkong, taiwan and sometime even Cambodia.
So far what we can do is just block and report them. Nothing much we can do.

Lightsoulz

Reaction score
please refrain from disclosing too much info...just the same old trick and threats.. Brace up , install CCTV and stay vigilant.. Fight all these scammers. dont let them scam our hard earned money

Now the send video of burning house to my XXXXX. So what should i do?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.