Sim Lim shops cheaper or buy online cheaper?

ashbringer

Reaction score
first time build pc, been doing research and finalise on parts liao.

time to buy the parts but dk whr to go, should I buy online (Newegg, Amazon, Shopee), or buy from Sim Lim?

and if buy from Sim Lim, which shops u recommend?

hellspawn_one

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, I buy from online platforms (local and overseas). Because during sales, got discount here and there. But the downside is that you need to wait for the parts to come one by one. Sometimes, the wait is 1 to 2 weeks.

You buy from sim lim, the only good thing is that you get the parts immediately, no need to wait.

Sent from Samsung SM-G970F using GAGT

_DeS__

Reaction score
first time build pc, been doing research and finalise on parts liao.

time to buy the parts but dk whr to go, should I buy online (Newegg, Amazon, Shopee), or buy from Sim Lim?

and if buy from Sim Lim, which shops u recommend?

Have to do some homework and compare prices first. Sometimes q10 or lzd got sales/coupon will be cheaper.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To build a whole rig, best to buy local from one shop so that can fell back if assembled rig refuse to work.

ashbringer

Reaction score
To build a whole rig, best to buy local from one shop so that can fell back if assembled rig refuse to work.

but i want to build myself, buy parts from the shop means they assemble for u. can buy all parts from one shop and tell them u wan to assemble urself anot

ashbringer

Reaction score
Have to do some homework and compare prices first. Sometimes q10 or lzd got sales/coupon will be cheaper.

:( sian thinks i have to spend another few hours to search all the online sites and sim lim pricelists

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
but i want to build myself, buy parts from the shop means they assemble for u. can buy all parts from one shop and tell them u wan to assemble urself anot

Of course la can. Just need to open mouth and tell them. Where got such rule buy from one shop die die must let them assemble

hellspawn_one

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The sim lim shops don't assemble for you even if you buy all parts from them.

The shop will charge a fee to assemble it for you IF you buy everything from that shop. Meaning if you buy parts elsewhere, they don't even want to assemble for you even if you are willing to pay for the assembling fee.

Sent from Samsung SM-G970F using GAGT

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:( sian thinks i have to spend another few hours to search all the online sites and sim lim pricelists

no need

Get TradePac or Videopro or Bestbargain as Benchmark
Then get Lazada/Amazon for Online Benchmark.

Summary for u.

Online need to know when to get voucher and stuff so online u must wait for best price.

Unless u willing to wait 1-2mth to complete a building a rig.

Example Shopee got give voucher but lazada price if compare same shop as shopee is cheaper.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want simple, get from sim Lim.
Otherwise if want to get it cheaper - online.

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any shop sell parts online with self collect?

Sent from Amazon using GAGT

_DeS__

Reaction score

Aiya you want the best best best deals of course you have to do your homework. Some people even make use of website sales, stack coupons. Sign up new account for new member signup bonus. Some credit card even got a specific day to use to get certain $ off.

If you want the best deal in SLS just follow this 3 steps
1. Get quote from PCT, haggle for discount.
2. Bring PCT quote to Dynacore, ask them undercut
3. Bring Dynacore quote to Tradepac, ask them undercut.

Reaction score
Aiya you want the best best best deals of course you have to do your homework. Some people even make use of website sales, stack coupons. Sign up new account for new member signup bonus. Some credit card even got a specific day to use to get certain $ off.

after that..........bring Tradepac quote go back to PCT ?:D

ashbringer

Reaction score

wah sir can tell u got mani mani years of experience HAHAHA they will price match one ah? think I will try and get a few bargains here and there, see shopee got the case that I want, and I think I will buy RAM and GPU online. other than that, think I will snag the cpu+mobo, AIO, psu, storage and a few extra case fans from SL

Last edited:

shunsuu

Reaction score

got one more guy viipc (5th floor beside video pro). The guy there said he will match and give a better price of any other shop. The service is way better as they are trying to snatch business. As for tradepac and dynacore, as good as the price is, the service is HORRIBLE

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Now i buy direct from amazon or newegg. Once check out they are so polite say thank you to me. You go sim lim, pay money liao jitao leave your item there not even a single thank you.

jazz2005

Master Member
Reaction score
wah sir can tell u got mani mani years of experience HAHAHA they will price match one ah? think I will try and get a few bargains here and there, see shopee got the case that I want, and I think I will buy RAM and GPU online. other than that, think I will snag the cpu+mobo, AIO, psu, storage and a few extra case fans from SL

Case fans get from amazon.sg I remember they have bequiet fans. If you sign up for the amazon premium trial can get free delivery within four hours.

Antisocial

Reaction score
Now i buy direct from amazon or newegg. Once check out they are so polite say thank you to me. You go sim lim, pay money liao jitao leave your item there not even a single thank you.

Some brands sell in SG also very overpriced versus overseas, to put it politely.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score

This. If you have any part cannot work, RMA online is tedious if overseas.
Buy local just go to shop n exchange if within 7 days.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.