anyone take care of dementia parent? are u worried?

LoveHurtsDeeply

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
generally if you are able to cope financially, I will suggest getting a caretaker to look during your working hours... a lot of time may be required to spend with them depending on the seriousness of the illness.. a close one of mine fell ill to it and I can tell you its really heartbreaking when they don't recognise you anymore....

oneboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will get more and more serious.. better spend more quality time with them while u can or u will regret it..

LoveHurtsDeeply

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yesss it is very heartbreaking illness

especially if the parent is guai lan one

Sent from 我好想射.... using GAGT

if you know its due to the illness then be forgiving... more than often its not something that they wanted, I believe its also frustrating being unable to recall things...

candy crush

Banned
Reaction score
It will get more and more serious.. better spend more quality time with them while u can or u will regret it..

if single child, is it feasible to send them to old folk home for easy management? or nursing home?

What is the criteria to send old folk to elderly home? is it must be serious?

I dun like people to judge me when I send my parent to elderly home, will I label as not filial? :(

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is a long hard road - physically, emotionally and financially. You got to be strong...

if you are single child and bbfa

are u worry that ur parent dementia will get serious?

Sent from 我好想射.... using GAGT

LoveHurtsDeeply

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if single child, is it feasible to send them to old folk home for easy management? or nursing home?

What is the criteria to send old folk to elderly home? is it must be serious?

I dun like people to judge me when I send my parent to elderly home, will I label as not filial? :(

no, elderly home not an issue... on the contrary some may charge higher as extra care is required...
pertaining to your next question... is not about what others label you as but rather can you find it in yourself to do so?

candy crush

Banned
Reaction score
no, elderly home not an issue... on the contrary some may charge higher as extra care is required...
pertaining to your next question... is not about what others label you as but rather can you find it in yourself to do so?

U gt send ur parent to old folk home?

I think old folk home is easier to manage, how much u spend per month?

LoveHurtsDeeply

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U gt send ur parent to old folk home?

I think old folk home is easier to manage, how much u spend per month?

its not my parents but rather my sibling... didn't send...
prefer to take care on our own.. still mild... got a caretaker/maid to take care of her. like I mentioned, it depends on your schedule and your own mentality, sometimes sacrifices have to be made I will say...

candy crush

Banned
Reaction score
cost can be free to 3k+

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

in what situation is it free?

is it must apply some funding?

any scheme for me to apply?

MY father is a bit forgetful now, I think he gt dementia, not so serious for now, but I think I want to prepare him for the worse

oh ya, he is the kind that refused to take medicine one

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.