Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

seowliao

Reaction score
They are using international number mainly from malaysia, indonesia, philippine, india, china and Bangladesh. Im wonder if all these lines are from their debtors( foreign workers) who sell to them. But now i also received loan sms and watsapp from countries Like hongkong, taiwan and sometime even Cambodia.
So far what we can do is just block and report them. Nothing much we can do.

very true..seems that our contacts have gone international..at this point of time, can only keep BLOCKING AND REPORTING to i-witness. Hope everyone play their part by continually reporting these screenshot through i-witness..At least can help to prevent potential victim from walking into the trap.

seowliao

Reaction score
Now the send video of burning house to my XXXXX. So what should i do?

If you have reported police, you should have an I/O now..send the video to your I/O
install CCTV, alert all your NOK and neighbours if possible and stay vigilant. Beware of any suspicious characters loitering around your area.
If your life is in immediate danger call 999.
Read though all previous advice in previous post

Decan85

Reaction score
Never borrow from loan sharks, even you managed to pay off 100% , they will use your informations for other illegal stuffs

Lightsoulz

Reaction score
If you have reported police, you should have an I/O now..send the video to your I/O
install CCTV, alert all your NOK and neighbours if possible and stay vigilant. Beware of any suspicious characters loitering around your area.
If your life is in immediate danger call 999.
Read though all previous advice in previous post

How much is the CCTV? What i know they need to connect thru wireless wifi . My house no wireless wifi

Fictionaldream

Reaction score
How much is the CCTV? What i know they need to connect thru wireless wifi . My house no wireless wifi

I bought my CCTV from XiaoMi via Lazada. Arrived within 2 days. Easy to set up. But need SD card, plug connection and wifi. Once you set it up can link it to your mobile phone. It also has a motion sensor so if there's anyone outside your house you will get notified via a push notification. So far so good. My parents and I has access to the cctv app and can track via real time. Best part is it's only around $50. Go check out "Xiaomi VV CCTV"

Bebe2019

Reaction score
Just deactivate ur fb. And do not contact them. Block all unknown msg and call. As long as u stay uncontactable, soon they will finally give up. Do not give them chances to threaten u. Thats their tactic. If u keep contacting them, u r giving them chances to threaten u. Just ignore their msg and call and block them

Yes pls deactivate all yr social media's. They have a way to find u and use the photos, happened to me as i was a step slower to deactivate my account and they screenshot my photos fm Facebook and use that against me.

heLL_b0y

Reaction score
Now the send video of burning house to my XXXXX. So what should i do?

Nowadays they hard time to get runner to go your house burn. Most of the video are from Facebook and forward it to you make you scare and make you pay them!

Never borrow from loan sharks, even you managed to pay off 100% , they will use your informations for other illegal stuffs

Correct!

Read all these thread but decided to share my worries as my nightmares are back again. My dad's gambling issue has led him to borrowing from loan sharks. One after another we settle for him. After the tide clears he will be good for awhile. But behind our back he started again and this time he borrowed from almost 30 of them. We sat down with him and made him be truthful with us but he told us total only owe 16K. My mum and I went nuts but the stupid me thought it'd be over once we pay up so the 10K bank loan I was given long ago I took it out for my father to use. Who knows that after paying off these nightmare he told us there's another 13K LS debt he hid from us. There's no way to help now. He default payment for 2 days already now we are at the peak of our nightmare. We made police reports before about those scums who threatened us and blackmailed us but the police just said the same old thing. Say will patrol our area, advise us to install cctv and change numbers. But I'm still scared because I have pets at home. My worst fear is those people coming to my house to burn my door or something. Seriously this life is so hellish. Now there are 16 different LS trying to hunt us down... No idea how we are going to get through this. As much as I know many others have experienced it.. it's still really scary. What a dark phase.

in 13 of LS that your father owe...mostly is from same GROUP As they pass the information around and borrow back to your father! Don't fear about them the more fear they will come..

Whenever happen... is already happened there is no turning point! Just be brave and face it!

BumbleeBee

Reaction score
Alright. Thanks. But i did not chat thru Facebook. I straight away whatsapp them. So still need to deactivate Face book?

Just deactivate until their harassment stop. They took my photos and all previously. But all i told them was they can do whatever they want and i cant stop them.

Till now nth has been done. Already been 2 months?

Brightside001

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am a free man now for 5 months. Remember, nightmare start when u send them IC photo regardless, u got borrow or not. What is done can't be undone. Want to get rid, Don't Pay. If they want to put fire or splash paint, no matter what, they will still do it. Just hope that they don't come. Lastly, by not paying, you save yourself by not getting into trouble with the police. Police is more serious than the UML. Please spare a thought for your loves one. Be brave and fight against it.

Best regards,
Brightside001

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am a free man now for 5 months. Remember, nightmare start when u send them IC photo regardless, u got borrow or not. What is done can't be undone. Want to get rid, Don't Pay. If they want to put fire or splash paint, no matter what, they will still do it. Just hope that they don't come. Lastly, by not paying, you save yourself by not getting into trouble with the police. Police is more serious than the UML. Please spare a thought for your loves one. Be brave and fight against it.

Best regards,
Brightside001

Good to hear that! This will encourage the rest of the ones who are still worried to take the right action and be free.

Stupid person

Reaction score
Read all these thread but decided to share my worries as my nightmares are back again. My dad's gambling issue has led him to borrowing from loan sharks. One after another we settle for him. After the tide clears he will be good for awhile. But behind our back he started again and this time he borrowed from almost 30 of them. We sat down with him and made him be truthful with us but he told us total only owe 16K. My mum and I went nuts but the stupid me thought it'd be over once we pay up so the 10K bank loan I was given long ago I took it out for my father to use. Who knows that after paying off these nightmare he told us there's another 13K LS debt he hid from us. There's no way to help now. He default payment for 2 days already now we are at the peak of our nightmare. We made police reports before about those scums who threatened us and blackmailed us but the police just said the same old thing. Say will patrol our area, advise us to install cctv and change numbers. But I'm still scared because I have pets at home. My worst fear is those people coming to my house to burn my door or something. Seriously this life is so hellish. Now there are 16 different LS trying to hunt us down... No idea how we are going to get through this. As much as I know many others have experienced it.. it's still really scary. What a dark phase.

Bro, you sound young. What your dad did is what i used to do. With the correct help and support, he can come good again, but this is another topic for another day.

Regarding your current state, there's only so much the advice here can help you. you are the one who has to live through it (me and my family did).

Again, PLEASE DO NOT THINK OF PAYING THEM.

The stalls are mostly connected and even if they are not, whats the difference? Ghost all f them, change what you need to change and face up to the problems that can come. Let your neighbours know that you have a problem at home and they will be unhappy. But the support that comes in after that will be invaluable. It brought my neighbours closer. We didnt used to chat, now we are very friendly (after all the problems).

Please take care of your mum and family, mutual support is very important at this stage. And if you can take my advice, show more care and concern to your dad. He is under a lot of pressure and is the one who may need the most attention at this point.

It's tough. Everyone here has been through it. I have been the source of the problems previously and i can assure you i seen my family gone through a lot of **** for me. Hence i am now working my hardest to repay them, not the money but for their love and concern

Rizalayniya

Reaction score
Hello hi recently I received a msg saying that they offer me flexible payments for monthly I was so stupid trust them is a legel one I even ask them like you guys from sg, etc. They say yes we a legel one and all ... after he take my Singpass information and all he say he only give 400 pay 600 then I question him like the deal was an monthly payment with legel and all then why you doing like this, I start to suspect is a ah Long job .... my ic he taken is my old adress my mum place now I’m staying in condo ... after I read all the msg here I fell much way better .... like they only scared you with msg and all that’s all then can do .. I believe now Singapore is very safer compare to those days .... he suddenly suddenly msg say today payment ... what should I do ? Thank you for your supports

Hulkeyee2020

Reaction score
Hello hi recently I received a msg saying that they offer me flexible payments for monthly I was so stupid trust them is a legel one I even ask them like you guys from sg, etc. They say yes we a legel one and all ... after he take my Singpass information and all he say he only give 400 pay 600 then I question him like the deal was an monthly payment with legel and all then why you doing like this, I start to suspect is a ah Long job .... my ic he taken is my old adress my mum place now I’m staying in condo ... after I read all the msg here I fell much way better .... like they only scared you with msg and all that’s all then can do .. I believe now Singapore is very safer compare to those days .... he suddenly suddenly msg say today payment ... what should I do ? Thank you for your supports

DO NOT PAY THEM
BLOCK THEM

Reaction score
DO NOT PAY THEM
BLOCK THEM

I got a whatsapp message that went like this. PLS DO NOT FALL FOR IT, its a LOAN SCAM! :):):):):)eek::eek::eek::ee

"Why Lend From Shark Loan?"
We Can Help !!

No Upfront Charges Upon Approval
*Easy Applications/Fast Approval
*Credit Loan Up to 300K
*Flexibles Repayment Period

We offer PERSONAL FINANCE Assistance (IC/WP/SP/EP/PR)

Last edited:

Rizalayniya

Reaction score
DO NOT PAY THEM
BLOCK THEM
I so dumb believe them they legel and give all my particulars and all the kin numer also I give my father in law and wife number . I scared the call them ? Should I need return the money to them which what I borrow at least ? Thanks .. will they go my mum place ??? Now I’m staying in condo so think is safer .

Reaction score
I so dumb believe them they legel and give all my particulars and all the kin numer also I give my father in law and wife number . I scared the call them ? Should I need return the money to them which what I borrow at least ? Thanks .. will they go my mum place ??? Now I’m staying in condo so think is safer .

DO NOT PAY THEM. That will be an endless payment. They will sure call your mother and kins. They will come harass your mother house as well. Report to police immediately and keep your mother and kins informed.
Thats no way out but face the consequences.

Reaction score
I got a whatsapp message that went like this. PLS DO NOT FALL FOR IT, its a LOAN SCAM! :):):):):)eek::eek::eek::ee

"Why Lend From Shark Loan?"
We Can Help !!

No Upfront Charges Upon Approval
*Easy Applications/Fast Approval
*Credit Loan Up to 300K
*Flexibles Repayment Period

We offer PERSONAL FINANCE Assistance (IC/WP/SP/EP/PR)

SCAMMER TRY TO BE LEGAL. Nice try!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.