The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah I see! Ok, if you prefer wider view I would recommend hoya mystyle profile/V+ either 1,
Essilor Xtrack, or zeiss superb or individual 2.

You would realise that all these are the more common Brand’s in the market and honestly that are Brand’s that cost lesser and some might claim it works better. But ultimately it’s all for the consumer and how they feel. Some will feel the slightly cheaper lenses are better while others would prefer those Brand’s that I mentioned.

Listen to your practitioner recommendation and if you are comfortable, then go for it. Cheers!

P.s these lenses cost minimally 700+++ but based on my fitting experiences, they work well.

Hi GANGSTERKIA, would like your advice on the different type of lens brand. In your opinion, which brand or model lens is better for progressive lens whereby i can ask for more reading area for Laptop distance and reading book distance?

I am currently using essilor (varilux) progresssive lens. But after 2 years, the lens itself shown a lot of uniform lines when i shine it against light even thou i only use those cloth that is for cleaning spectacles. I have attached the photo as shown.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Oof, thst looks like crazing of the lenses. Do you wash your spectacle cloth too?

I would recommend hoya mystyle series if you want all to be good. But honestly progressives usually cater to 2 good viewing distance. Intermediate zone is always smaller compared to the office lens. However this is also affected by your frame size too.

Hi GANGSTERKIA, would like your advice on the different type of lens brand. In your opinion, which brand or model lens is better for progressive lens whereby i can ask for more reading area for Laptop distance and reading book distance?

I am currently using essilor (varilux) progresssive lens. But after 2 years, the lens itself shown a lot of uniform lines when i shine it against light even thou i only use those cloth that is for cleaning spectacles. I have attached the photo as shown.

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Oof, thst looks like crazing of the lenses. Do you wash your spectacle cloth too?

I would recommend hoya mystyle series if you want all to be good. But honestly progressives usually cater to 2 good viewing distance. Intermediate zone is always smaller compared to the office lens. However this is also affected by your frame size too.

Yes, i do wash my spectacles cloth. I get a few piece from the shop when i bought the current spectacle. It only appears when it is near to 2 years time. That is why i was wondering whether is it worth it to use branded progressive lens that is much more expensive than those normal lens (e.g like owndays shop progressive lens)

May i know roughly how much is the price for hoya mystyle series for the following? Thanks.

index = 1.67
Progressive Lens with Blue light protection
R: 750 - 100 x 62
L: 600 - 300 x 156
ADD +150
PD: 74

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Will check for you and let you know when I am back tomorrow..

I believe things like this happenening could also due to other factor as my colleagues one or my cx can last for 4-5 years with no such issue.

Though some even within 6months we can see too..

Yes, i do wash my spectacles cloth. I get a few piece from the shop when i bought the current spectacle. It only appears when it is near to 2 years time. That is why i was wondering whether is it worth it to use branded progressive lens that is much more expensive than those normal lens (e.g like owndays shop progressive lens)

May i know roughly how much is the price for hoya mystyle series for the following? Thanks.

index = 1.67
Progressive Lens with Blue light protection
R: 750 - 100 x 62
L: 600 - 300 x 156
ADD +150
PD: 74

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Will check for you and let you know when I am back tomorrow..

I believe things like this happenening could also due to other factor as my colleagues one or my cx can last for 4-5 years with no such issue.

Though some even within 6months we can see too..

Thank you very much. Within 6 months is having this problem? does it even warrant a warranty claim?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope, yours looks like wear and tear .. if it’s just using optical cloth and washing it constantly, not so often these situation occurs haha.
As mentioned earlier that there could be other factors that caused these.

does that means the lens inside originally is like that until it is multi coated? :D

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope, yours looks like wear and tear .. if it’s just using optical cloth and washing it constantly, not so often these situation occurs haha.
As mentioned earlier that there could be other factors that caused these.

haha..oh well. Anyway, my current progressive lens i guess it was not made accurately or my eyes has deteriorate as my left eye during last eye examination i can see the words reading from left to right gets smaller in size..:D

please do help to give me a quote base on my prescription. Thanks.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Based on RRP,
1.67 mystyle profile with blue

1.60 mystyle profile with blue

Mystyle V+ with blue 1.67

Mystyle V+ with blue 1.60

Discount will surely be given at most shops... or can try your luck at the 30% off shop. Sick discount given haha.

haha..oh well. Anyway, my current progressive lens i guess it was not made accurately or my eyes has deteriorate as my left eye during last eye examination i can see the words reading from left to right gets smaller in size..:D

please do help to give me a quote base on my prescription. Thanks.

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Based on RRP,
1.67 mystyle profile with blue

1.60 mystyle profile with blue

Mystyle V+ with blue 1.67

Mystyle V+ with blue 1.60

Discount will surely be given at most shops... or can try your luck at the 30% off shop. Sick discount given haha.

Thanks...i only heard mystyle profile. Shall go and read up the V+ model.

Haha, i yet to received any PM from Bro Discarded..maybe he busy liao..

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh he did mention he doesn’t frequent this thread often. Perhaps you can pm those he replied

Thanks...i only heard mystyle profile. Shall go and read up the V+ model.

Haha, i yet to received any PM from Bro Discarded..maybe he busy liao..

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Welcome! It will work well... but once you hit the 42/43 range.. get ready to switch to progressives haha

Can drag a few more years? Dont wish to wear progressive so soon. You think 45 years old or later switch ok?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.