Parking offence: Advisory Notice

JJughead

Reaction score
Sharing for knowledge (and because "Sharing is Caring").

Earlier today, sent my daughter to her martial arts class at Jalan Besar. Parallel-parked the car at a proper lot at 16:53 and went up to the dojo.

Fully intended to pay for parking...but after helping my girl with her belt & settling down at the comfy sofa, totally forgot about it.

When it suddenly occurred to me that I have yet to pay for the parking, quickly did so with the Parking.sg app. Noted it was already 17:23.

After the class ended at 6+, went down & noticed the parking summons slip. Was slightly dejected but accepted it as it was due to my own carelessness.

Upon checking the slip, read that it was an Advisory Notice. Essentially, a warning not to commit the offence again. Was pleasantly surprised. Didn't know that warnings instead of straight fines/summons were a thing.

My guess is that my paid parking record on Parking.sg was helpful? Also, in 7 years of car ownership, have never had a parking fine or caught for a traffic offence. Had a couple of parking fines in the decade prior when I was riding.

62FuXIG.jpg

TL;DR: that parking summons slip may be a warning instead of a fine!

Happy New Year all! Drive safe! :)

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
car plate number first time offence is notice. so your car plate no of 7 years totally no parking offence bef thus warning.

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your car plate number 1st time kanna parking summon will be warning

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Firefly01

Reaction score
Speeding also like this, first time and if not too much over the speed limit also warning

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For honest mistakes, normally they do waive.

I drive Uber, pax open door jump off at double zig-zag line, I kena from camera. Sibeh Chor, wrote in explain pax open door go off I can't stop them. I was nearing the drop off liao but jam. They waived.

Reaction score
Yeah but this helps seriously - Parking.sg is a mobile application that allows users to pay for short-term parking charges through their mobile devices at all existing coupon-based public car parks. The app serves as an alternative mode of payment to paper parking coupons.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time i park at pickup point kena take camera they gave chance also. After that I dun anyhow park liao

Sent from 10char using GAGT

busfreaks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still got letter from lta ? Y is not issue to your windscreen since is a parked car ? Normally lta issue advisory when u are moving on the road, for example first time caught illegal u turn

I think because someone bunk knive me :( the letter say they received a report...

RadEoNic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I kena when I parked at a private estate. Half the car at centre white line, half not. Kena warning for that
:s13:

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also got one parking notice when i park at red white lots after 7pm.

if they happen to check my parking history, i think they noe that i'm law abiding citizen. lol.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.