The Hair Thread - Part 5

ludicurious

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of the best recent haircut I've had is at Aqua Hair Korean Salon @ Delfi Orchard.
But due to my nature, I keep on changing places to cut hair.

But the very best haircut I had is at Clark Quay Mall but I think the place close down and dunno where the female hairstylist went to.
Haha actually cuz of my size that's why I'm looking to get a refreshing looking haircut but idk what hairstyle I can do that's why looking for a shop or hairstylist that can help me!

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Anyone using the Gatsby Styling pomades here?

https://gatsby.com.my/product/hairstyling/styling-pomade

StylingPomade-PerfectRiseProductGroup_300x300.png

StylingPomade-SupremeHoldProductGroup_300x300.png

StylingPomade-UrbanDryProductGroup_300x300.png

retro_matte_300x300.png

StylingPomade-SupremeGreaseProductGroup_300x300.png

Saw these at Venus Beauty. Who is using these pomades?

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend a good clay that is easy to wash off but have good strong hold? i am currently using by vilan clay and wanted to try moris motley but was put off with the review here.

My first product was the Ubersauve wax my god it was one of the worst I used so hard to wash off I had to wash with shampoo 2-3x at least and after which still has that plastic feel on my hair.

Last edited:

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
My first product was the Ubersauve wax my god it was one of the worst I used so hard to wash off I had to wash with shampoo 2-3x at least and after which still has that plastic feel on my hair.

of course la bro, you pay for what you get. don't expect much. the ingredient source and quality used in the product is questionable. i suggest you to consider homebrews instead of salon products.

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Found a cheap place to buy Indians hair clay, even got the colored version lol.

Shampoo.hk

Anyone can recommend a shampoo from them? Intend to just get it all from them next time. Currently looking through, their shampoos are all 200ml or so, seems really small.

Thanks for this! Just ordered 3 tubs Indians from them.

Total cost $56.40. Just under $19 a tub.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend a good clay that is easy to wash off but have good strong hold? i am currently using by vilan clay and wanted to try moris motley but was put off with the review here.

for me..the ubersuave white color wax is consider 1 of the easiest to wash off...on hand...don't even need soap to wash..

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you guys handle stubborn cowlick at the crown?

My hair sticks up very weird there.

And the barber I last went to mistook it for being too thick and trimmed it. Now other parts lie flat while the cowlick sticks out.

My hair texture is fine but thick and wavy.

Any good stylist or barber to recommend.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. That is not a good way to gauge hair loss. Those could be from breakage or were hairs that were being shed.

Best way is to look at your temples for recession and crown area for thinning. Also see whether there is any miniaturized hairs along the hairline.

Hair loss is when one is applying pomade while styling, and then notices strands, bits of hair on the palms, right?

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Shear Revival Northern Lights?

Are there any other hair products that are similar or better than this?

turboo

Reaction score
anyone here goes to indian barbers? looking for a cheap one that uses traditional blades to finish off the edges.. preferably in north or CBD area.

jcw_17

Reaction score
anyone using firsthand pomade/clay?

was using pomade previously and love its hold. but idk how is it now, not sure if there's reformulation

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.