The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Within 6 months is having this problem? does it even warrant a warranty claim?

Its brand issue. Reputed brand like hoya never give me any such multi coating issues. One pair that i have bought for about 5-6years is starting to show such issues but thats wear and tear after so many years i guess quite good already.

In the past i have used those cheap brands within months the coating got problems. Even some supposedly "branded" lens also encountered such issues.

So far hoya quality in coating is reliable.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on RRP,
1.67 mystyle profile with blue

1.60 mystyle profile with blue

Mystyle V+ with blue 1.67

Mystyle V+ with blue 1.60

Discount will surely be given at most shops... or can try your luck at the 30% off shop. Sick discount given haha.

Too expensive. My budget is only max $1k after discount. Looks like i can only go for hoya lifestyle balansis. My prescription very similar.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on RRP,
1.67 mystyle profile with blue

1.60 mystyle profile with blue

Mystyle V+ with blue 1.67

Mystyle V+ with blue 1.60

Discount will surely be given at most shops... or can try your luck at the 30% off shop. Sick discount given haha.

The Mystyle is a new series from Hoya? Above the Nulux EP?

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Can drag a few more years? Dont wish to wear progressive so soon. You think 45 years old or later switch ok?

i think is dependent on yourself. example i finally had to use progressive lens is because i cant see the small words in my hp when playing games using a normal lens anymore...:D

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Its brand issue. Reputed brand like hoya never give me any such multi coating issues. One pair that i have bought for about 5-6years is starting to show such issues but thats wear and tear after so many years i guess quite good already.

In the past i have used those cheap brands within months the coating got problems. Even some supposedly "branded" lens also encountered such issues.

So far hoya quality in coating is reliable.

Zeiss also not bad. \o/ \o/

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
i think is dependent on yourself. example i finally had to use progressive lens is because i cant see the small words in my hp when playing games using a normal lens anymore...:D

My fonts on the hp is very big. :(

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Mystyle is a new series from Hoya? Above the Nulux EP?

Nulux EP is a 2nd tier category for single vision lens. Used to be top tier SV lens. Now Nulux top tier is Nulux V+ tailored to individual preferences. I have experience wearing tailored lens like zeiss individual. Dont like it. The optician lowered the power on lower end of my lens supposedly for comfort but end up i struggled to read clearly for near vision that i gave up. When watching tv i have to lower down my head in order to see more clearly with the higher part of my "tailored" lens.

My guess is it works same way for Mystyle which is the top tier of hoya progressive lenses. I might instead give mid tier a try instead. Lifestyle series is also customised maybe similar to nulux. Just less the "tailored" part thats all. Tailored sounds atas but may not suit our needs. Might be just marketing gimmick to earn more of our money. Just saying.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You can always do that however do that note, the higher your reading power , the more distortion you will experience at the peripheral thus it’s recommend to start earlier so you can get adapted to it better. Many individuals start late so all complain dizzy cnt take it and so on...

Can drag a few more years? Dont wish to wear progressive so soon. You think 45 years old or later switch ok?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you shell out abit more and go for lifestyle V+. It’s really better than balansis.

Too expensive. My budget is only max $1k after discount. Looks like i can only go for hoya lifestyle balansis. My prescription very similar.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s not possible unless it is anti fatigue. You cant lower the power of the lower end of the lenses with any brand top tier single vision lenses unless he lower the overall power, adjusting the height of the lenses which made you look through another area of the lenses with a slightly different power. Also it could be due to a wrong fitting height leading you to view through another zone to see clearer.

It doesn’t work the same way as mystyle progressive series. So don’t worry about it for all who’s interested. Mystyle series progressives will be one of the best lens you ever try if you don’t mind the price..

Nulux EP is a 2nd tier category for single vision lens. Used to be top tier SV lens. Now Nulux top tier is Nulux V+ tailored to individual preferences. I have experience wearing tailored lens like zeiss individual. Dont like it. The optician lowered the power on lower end of my lens supposedly for comfort but end up i struggled to read clearly for near vision that i gave up. When watching tv i have to lower down my head in order to see more clearly with the higher part of my "tailored" lens.

My guess is it works same way for Mystyle which is the top tier of hoya progressive lenses. I might instead give mid tier a try instead. Lifestyle series is also customised maybe similar to nulux. Just less the "tailored" part thats all. Tailored sounds atas but may not suit our needs. Might be just marketing gimmick to earn more of our money. Just saying.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
...Now Nulux top tier is Nulux V+ tailored to individual preferences...

means the lens is extremely customized? Each part of one lens can exhibit different power?

...My guess is it works same way for Mystyle which is the top tier of hoya progressive lenses...

So if I'm not using progressive lens, I should not go for Mystyle series at all? Progressive lens is not for short-sightedness right? Is Progressive lens "lao hua" lens?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
means the lens is extremely customized? Each part of one lens can exhibit different power?

So if I'm not using progressive lens, I should not go for Mystyle series at all? Progressive lens is not for short-sightedness right? Is Progressive lens "lao hua" lens?

I have not worn nulux V+ before but i think should be even more customised than nulux EP, so theoretically should be clearer bah. But i dont want to upgrade because nulux EP i feel already good enough clarity. And once you upgrade, it will be hard to downgrade back if someday your pockets decided they cant take it.

Yalor, mystyle series are for laohua plus short sighted all integrated into one lens, no need interchange spectacles for reading near and far, thats why damn expensive. I want to drag using single vision lens for as long as i can.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s not possible unless it is anti fatigue. You cant lower the power of the lower end of the lenses with any brand top tier single vision lenses unless he lower the overall power, adjusting the height of the lenses which made you look through another area of the lenses with a slightly different power. Also it could be due to a wrong fitting height leading you to view through another zone to see clearer.

It doesn’t work the same way as mystyle progressive series. So don’t worry about it for all who’s interested. Mystyle series progressives will be one of the best lens you ever try if you don’t mind the price..

Ok my technical description not as professional as you but you are correct that he adjusted the height of the lenses which made me look through different areas of the lenses with different powers which i dont like at all and find it irritating. Maybe im used to perfect clarity so cant adapt to the varying differences in power.

Now that you say, i think he also added anti fatigue into the design lor. Supposed to make me feel less tired because adjust the lower portion of lens to lower power for near vision work and adjust higher portion of lens to higher power for looking farther distance. Thats why zeiss called it individualised mah. Lol. Wasted my $. Now im cautious about this so called highly customised lens. If suay suay the optician skill not good enough to input correct parameters for the high customization, the whole lens could be a disaster.

Last edited:

grynove

Reaction score
which oakley frame that have spring and abit wide ah ?

was using tagheuer for quite long. now that they uplorry. dunno what to buy now.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
If he added anti fatigue inside then it’s either digital lens/EnergizeMe or even a progressive zeiss light/3D light. No chance to be single vision superb or single vision individual. Best is if you check with your practitioner again in case it gives u the impression that individualised single vision is not good.

Either way it’s unfortunate that you aren’t comfortable with something you paid a sum for...hope your next one would be better though! Cheers!

Ok my technical description not as professional as you but you are correct that he adjusted the height of the lenses which made me look through different areas of the lenses with different powers which i dont like at all and find it irritating. Maybe im used to perfect clarity so cant adapt to the varying differences in power.

Now that you say, i think he also added anti fatigue into the design lor. Supposed to make me feel less tired because adjust the lower portion of lens to lower power for near vision work and adjust higher portion of lens to higher power for looking farther distance. Thats why zeiss called it individualised mah. Lol. Wasted my $. Now im cautious about this so called highly customised lens. If suay suay the optician skill not good enough to input correct parameters for the high customization, the whole lens could be a disaster.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.