SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Calander

Reaction score
Any idea after 36 years old. Do i need to present my FFI before i can take my ippt?

standard is 35 yrs old... unit will contact u for FFI. Otherwise in doubt, call NS hotline.

And yes. FFI needed to be cleared before u can take ippt

Middle-C

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I missed my IPPT window and have to go for RT now.
Officially online states that the 8th, 12th and 16th sessions are IPPT - if pass, no more RT.

I'm also reading here and there online that the 1st session is IPPT as well? Is someone able to clarify that for me? Thanks.

Also, what are the chances that the Officer-in-Charge let you take IPPT before your 8th session?

"If you would like to take your RT or IPPT before the scheduled IPPT session, e.g. your 8th session, please approach the Officer-in-Charge at the Fitness Conditioning Centre (FCC) during your RT for advice."

Calander

Reaction score
Hi all, I missed my IPPT window and have to go for RT now.
Officially online states that the 8th, 12th and 16th sessions are IPPT - if pass, no more RT.

I'm also reading here and there online that the 1st session is IPPT as well? Is someone able to clarify that for me? Thanks.

Also, what are the chances that the Officer-in-Charge let you take IPPT before your 8th session?

"If you would like to take your RT or IPPT before the scheduled IPPT session, e.g. your 8th session, please approach the Officer-in-Charge at the Fitness Conditioning Centre (FCC) during your RT for advice."

once u are in RT, only 8th, 12th and 16th is IPPT called RT-IPPT.

the 1st session which is IPPT only applies for those under IPT (voluntary 10 sessions in total).

the shortcut to clear your RT window without having to complete all sessions is during ICT, do pass your IPPT during ICT (known as ICT-IPPT).

however sadly, many NSmen does not have ICT.. so can only go for non-ICT IPPT, IPT or RT

Sakaesushidabest

Reaction score
How long in advance do i need to book my ipt slots ? Can book on actual day in the morning then attend ipt in the evening ?

zaidcoll

Reaction score
Hey guys,my next rt session will be with ippt (8th session), is it possible to book for a safra location(currently pending 7th session completion) for the treadmill ippt?

Disaresta

Reaction score
Hi just want to seek advice.
Took IPPT today and turns out I failed miserably (30 points)
My IPPT window is closing by 31 Mar [last IPPT date 28 Mar].

Should I just train for the next 3-4 weeks and book one on early Feb or opt for IPT sessions instead? For IPT, is it possible to clear 10 sessions on time?

That will depend on how many days per week u are able to commit. Lets say u can go for the maximum 3-4 times per week (Mandatory 1 day rest in between each session), should be able to clear within a month.

IMHO, you should go for IPT while also training to try and pass your IPPT. In the event if u are not able to complete your IPT or pass your IPPT, at least these sessions will be used to shave off the amount of RT u need to do in the next window. Doing IPT and IPPT also will have 0.5 day rank pay

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Should I just train for the next 3-4 weeks and book one on early Feb or opt for IPT sessions instead? For IPT, is it possible to clear 10 sessions on time?
do you think you will be able to train religiously for the next 3-4 weeks to make a difference?

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My windows usually ends on Mid Feb and I tend to start my IPT on early Dec and my last session tend to be on end of Jan or early Feb. If you attend IPT once or twice per week it is possible to complete your 10 IPT sessions if you start your 1st session next week.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My windows usually ends on Mid Feb and I tend to start my IPT on early Dec and my last session tend to be on end of Jan or early Feb. If you attend IPT once or twice per week it is possible to complete your 10 IPT sessions if you start your 1st session next week.

Or just sign up for ipt the moment your window opens and do a session once a month. Then no need to chiong. lol

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I am able to do my training on some weekdays and on the weekends.
Should I just focus on improving my running for my training?
For some reason, the machines for the pushups/situps stations did not detect quite a handful of counts so I got a lower score for these stations than I expected.
"Think" isn't good enough. You can think as much as you want, but if you can't commit, then you might as well don't do it.

That means you aren't doing it right.

Disaresta

Reaction score
So what you mean is I should go for IPT sessions from now on but at the same time book an IPPT session on a separate date [e.g around early Feb]?

Yeah, any IPT/IPPT u took this window will be used to offset the RT for next window if u cannot complete IPT or pass IPPT.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.