View Single Post
Old 17-01-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
Eve_LHL

hi i am a secondary student waiting to choose my course for poly, am i still able to choose the course that i want even tho my l1r4 doesn't meet the cutoff, its a 1 pt difference
Hello xintung. Usually I would suggest you to try to apply if it is 1-2 point difference. I've seen the changes in JAE COP throughout the years and I would say that the biggest drop/increase I've seen would be 2 points. If it is a course you really want, try for it no matter what.

The strategy in ranking your choices would be:
First 4 choices: Put in the courses you really want and it doesn't matter if it meets the cut off or not (preferably within 2 points)
Middle 4 choices: Put in the courses you like AND you are sure that your points has a very high chance to go in (your points are at least 1 point better)
Last 4 choices: Put in the courses that you are ok with AND you are sure that your points 100% is able to go into (your points are at least 3 points better, this is usually for safety net)

I really hope this helps and wish you all the luck in getting the course you like!
Eve_LHL is offline   Reply With Quote