2020 market expectations and positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Creating thread to discuss, market expectations and positioning going into 2020.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My own positioning is 25% equities and entirely to Asia, if markets plunge increase allocation. I think US and Europe are very overvalued and won't touch it.

Last edited:

DukeCS33

Reaction score
My own positioning is 25% equities and entirely to Asia, if markets plunge increase allocation. I think US and Europe are very overvalued and won't touch it.

If US and Europe plunges, Asia would not be spared.

d9_lives

Reaction score
Stay the course, monthly to IWDA n EIMI.
Keep +/-100k on JD, Tencent, Baozun, Nio and RMG.
And "try" not to peek until the next top up...(always fail anyway).

kkcheng77

Reaction score
Thinking of Hong Kong ETFs. Political wind should be calming down mid this year.

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that being mostly in REITs might be a good idea. I think interest rates will remain low for some time. REITs can buy more and more properties with low interest loans, hopefully leading to higher and higher DPUs.

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am 40% US/UK equities. EM, singapore and china will likely continue to underperform as long as tariffs remain in place which will be for a long time. trump already said phase 2 after elections.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Your positioning is for how long? I bet you will once again liquidate your entire portfolio if it goes up like 5-10% a few months later.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I noticed xle etf is still quite cheap with 6% dividend yield. If global reflation trade is true, we will have bounce back in oil, rite?

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
US markets went up so much last night but STI is down today. STI looks cheap but for some reason, is not performing. I would only buy REITs in Singapore, not the STI ETF.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
US markets went up so much last night but STI is down today. STI looks cheap but for some reason, is not performing. I would only buy REITs in Singapore, not the STI ETF.

To be fair, other Asian markets are quite muted today too. HSI and Shanghai are flat while nikkei is up 0.5%

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would there be a level where you would bite the bullet and buy in again albeit at a higher level than where you sold?

It is a mental block to buy back at a price higher than what I sold, so looks difficult to buy back again. I would instead look at other markets that didn't go up so much, it is okay if they don't go back up in a hurry. Dividend yield, higher than bonds helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.