M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

piggy1986

Reaction score
Hi anyone know currently i am on singtel fibre however i wish to change to m1. Any advise on the speed diff or should i swap? Both pricing should be same at 49.90 with mesh ( although i don need it) please help to advise me =D

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

giraffey

Reaction score
Hi anyone know currently i am on singtel fibre however i wish to change to m1. Any advise on the speed diff or should i swap? Both pricing should be same at 49.90 with mesh ( although i don need it) please help to advise me =D

Reliability - ST
Customer Service, Latency - M1

The other main difference is ST issues ONR, while M1 ONT.

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Can consider whizcomms , $18 savings per month

If you need a router, just take your pick here : https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/own-router-m1-6181391.html

500mbps-oct_1Jan20.jpg

Aresden

Reaction score
M1 has been reliable for me for the past 5 years

same, around 6 years and I'd say it is reliable.
I would say their technical support is unreliable tho, everytime need call in to rush them for followup

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
I would say their technical support is unreliable tho, everytime need call in to rush them for followup

The Filipino tech support always ends up when got trouble shooting the issue sure conclude it is your hardware that's causing the issue one. Without fail, if not, I chop off my LAN cable ....

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Filipino tech support always ends up when got trouble shooting the issue sure conclude it is your hardware that's causing the issue one. Without fail, if not, I chop off my LAN cable ....

For M1, usually it was ONT faulty for me when I was with M1.

-Grift-

Reaction score

Been with M1 6years~ also. Reliable until I have yet to call support 😂

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
Planning to port over from StarHub but there's activation charges applicable when I tried to checkout. Any way or promo code to get that waived?

Sent from M20X using GAGT

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Planning to port over from StarHub but there's activation charges applicable when I tried to checkout. Any way or promo code to get that waived?

Not possible. $58.85 ($55 before GST) is the minimum of the extra fees you have to pay when signing up. Even if you choose to install the fibre on weekdays which M1 will waive the installation fees. If you choose weekend then additional on top of $58.85.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
Not possible. $58.85 ($55 before GST) is the minimum of the extra fees you have to pay when signing up. Even if you choose to install the fibre on weekdays which M1 will waive the installation fees. If you choose weekend then additional on top of $58.85.
Thanks bro for sharing, then won't save much to port out of StarHub and not sure if it's even worth the trouble.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.