View Single Post
Old 18-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #7564
jtdcjtdc

Expired or terminated? If terminated then AFAIK, very slim chance of recovery. Even for those ad hoc cases that they obliged like for M'sians working abroad, they'd have to reactivate as postpaid for a minimum of 6 months before they're allowed to switch back to prepaid. Anyway, credit balance would be forfeited once a line is terminated.

If number isn't important or it's not an old plan with freebies, then I'd suggest just getting a new SIM pack. Otherwise, no harm giving it a shot by contacting their CSO.
thank you Habrosus. the customer service in LYN forum replied to me :

"mobile number 012932xxxx has expired. Mobile numbers will be terminated if no top-up is made within 50 days after the credit expiration date. This number cannot be reactivated as not available and can only be obtained with a new sim pack and new number at Maxis Center or any of our branches."

looks generic to me, as firstly, extra plan is 90 days grace period (not 50). then conflicting statement of "number cannot be reactivated as not available and can only be obtained with a new sim pack and new number" ... how can it be obtained if it is a NEW number.

luckily the number is not tied to any bank or similar connection, technically i could buy a new one (which is maybe not justified as M1 prepaid have data roaming in malaysia, not sure the coverage/reliability with Celcom as preferred network). just sad to lose a number as i was not attentive.

i still believe the best coverage is maxis/hotlink.
jtdcjtdc is offline   Reply With Quote