Malaysia prepaid card

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If card expires, you put it in your mobile, there will no mobile signal. Digi has 90 days and hotlink has 50 days expiry dates.

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For expiry, isnt there an option to extend the expiry? For my celcom, i just select extra credit validity and pay 1rm to extend by one day even though its expired..

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If card expires, you put it in your mobile, there will no mobile signal. Digi has 90 days and hotlink has 50 days expiry dates.
Digi Live 90 days
Digi Best 75 days

For expiry, isnt there an option to extend the expiry? For my celcom, i just select extra credit validity and pay 1rm to extend by one day even though its expired..
Some do, some don't. Otherwise have to reload to extend.

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
Expired or terminated? If terminated then AFAIK, very slim chance of recovery. Even for those ad hoc cases that they obliged like for M'sians working abroad, they'd have to reactivate as postpaid for a minimum of 6 months before they're allowed to switch back to prepaid. Anyway, credit balance would be forfeited once a line is terminated.

If number isn't important or it's not an old plan with freebies, then I'd suggest just getting a new SIM pack. Otherwise, no harm giving it a shot by contacting their CSO.

thank you Habrosus. the customer service in LYN forum replied to me :

"mobile number 012932xxxx has expired. Mobile numbers will be terminated if no top-up is made within 50 days after the credit expiration date. This number cannot be reactivated as not available and can only be obtained with a new sim pack and new number at Maxis Center or any of our branches."

looks generic to me, as firstly, extra plan is 90 days grace period (not 50). then conflicting statement of "number cannot be reactivated as not available and can only be obtained with a new sim pack and new number" ... how can it be obtained if it is a NEW number.

luckily the number is not tied to any bank or similar connection, technically i could buy a new one (which is maybe not justified as M1 prepaid have data roaming in malaysia, not sure the coverage/reliability with Celcom as preferred network). just sad to lose a number as i was not attentive. :(

i still believe the best coverage is maxis/hotlink.

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
redone (S$8.00 per month) better or get a prepaid sim in malaysia? (hotlink/digi) ?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Network wise....
A guy I know stay near Larkin, condo...
17th storey, using M1 Postpaid with data passport. Able to get good signal, under Celcom.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you Habrosus. the customer service in LYN forum replied to me :

"mobile number 012932xxxx has expired. Mobile numbers will be terminated if no top-up is made within 50 days after the credit expiration date. This number cannot be reactivated as not available and can only be obtained with a new sim pack and new number at Maxis Center or any of our branches."

looks generic to me, as firstly, extra plan is 90 days grace period (not 50). then conflicting statement of "number cannot be reactivated as not available and can only be obtained with a new sim pack and new number" ... how can it be obtained if it is a NEW number.

luckily the number is not tied to any bank or similar connection, technically i could buy a new one (which is maybe not justified as M1 prepaid have data roaming in malaysia, not sure the coverage/reliability with Celcom as preferred network). just sad to lose a number as i was not attentive. :(

i still believe the best coverage is maxis/hotlink.
This line is supposed to be active until 14 January when it expired? If so, I'd feel that it's still on its grace period, whether 50 or 90 days...?

The CSO's reply looks rather contradicting... Maybe he's trying to tell you that the line's expired, and would be terminated after its 50-day grace period, then thereafter you'd have to buy a new SIM pack that comes with a new/different number if your old number is not available anymore...?

I used to have an M1 prepaid but eventually gave it up since I hardly use it in SG. For Malaysia, I've Hotlink and Digi Prepaid, and even use them for roaming to other countries like Indonesia (Batam, so far).

Yes, Maxis is said to have the best connection, just that the higher costs more or less prevent many Malaysians from using it long term. Celcom has good coverage, but cost-wise Digi still has the most users especially in Johor.

Anyway, sent you a PM. ;)

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Query on behalf of my dad as he got to attach at Malaysia for 2 months.
Need a prepaid sim card with unlimited data preferrably or something lessee and good coverage too as he will be on the sea most of the time.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share. I bought M1 prepaid card (zeroplan) for $14. It comes with $14 talk time with 180 days expiry. It also comes with 4gb free mobile data expiring 120 days and another 4gb bonus mobile data expiring 30 days. Both mobile data/talk time can be used for roaming in JB.

What I understand, is talk time can be converted or used to pay for mobile data before the expiry of mobile data.

I think that it's a deal compared to buy any roaming pack for use in JB.

Previously, each time I go JB, I would buy a $5 roaming pack (2gb) that would expire in 3 days only and I only use it for a day.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tunetalk cannot receiving roaming sms or calls in Singapore? Anyway bought a sim card in KL but the card was not activated even after verification. How?

My Tunetalk card can roam, so if it's not for calls and SMS, I can't think what else it's for... Other than data roaming which I don't use in SG, that is. Have you checked their website for roaming options?

I don't quite understand your "card was not activated even after verification". What kind of verification? I presume you're trying to use the card after leaving the shop, or even Malaysia?

You should return to the same shop to check with them. If you've already left Malaysia, you can contact their customer service. Again, check their website for possible options like Live Chat or otherwise send an email if you'd rather not call them.

Offhand, if the CSO can't do the activation for you, they might ask you to head to a Tunetalk agent. If so, you can ask them to give you a few addresses in JB.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel roaming, connection good but top up lousy. 1gb 7days cant up, 2 days already used up 80%, have to wait until 1gb used up then auto add another 1gb for $5.
I have to buy digi sim card as I use a lot of data for grab and other internet usage, cost rm$20 for 8 days 3gb. Cheaper then my friend brought for me last time rm$28. Connect very good.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel roaming, connection good but top up lousy. 1gb 7days cant up, 2 days already used up 80%, have to wait until 1gb used up then auto add another 1gb for $5.
I have to buy digi sim card as I use a lot of data for grab and other internet usage, cost rm$20 for 8 days 3gb. Cheaper then my friend brought for me last time rm$28. Connect very good.

IMO, using Digi Prepaid is definitely more economical than Singtel data roaming.

With the MyDigi app, you might even be able to get more $avings. ;)

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO, using Digi Prepaid is definitely more economical than Singtel data roaming.

With the MyDigi app, you might even be able to get more $avings. ;)

I got bad experience when trying to top up and use digi card when going jb, very bad connection. Buy new digi card, connect always very good. Don't know why.
Now for JB use, I prefer singtel roaming. $5 for 1GB 7 days, enough for 2d1n. Don't need to change sim card, connect will not break when doing cross border.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got bad experience when trying to top up and use digi card when going jb, very bad connection. Buy new digi card, connect always very good. Don't know why.
Now for JB use, I prefer singtel roaming. $5 for 1GB 7 days, enough for 2d1n. Don't need to change sim card, connect will not break when doing cross border.

Strange... maybe it just happened to be time or place when there's connection issue... I normally have over RM20 in my active cards, so hardly encounter those moments. :)

I use mainly dual-SIM phones these days, also other MY cards like Hotlink and Tunetalk from the old days. ;)

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strange... maybe it just happened to be time or place when there's connection issue... I normally have over RM20 in my active cards, so hardly encounter those moments. :)

I use mainly dual-SIM phones these days, also other MY cards like Hotlink and Tunetalk from the old days. ;)

Yea very strange, new card never has any problem. Nvm I got mine settle :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.