Air purifier? - Part 2

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just bought Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S. Waiting for delivery from qoo10.

Anything to take note when it arrived? Do i need to let it run for awhile before start using?
Make sure can connect to local server...

derekliu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those with xiaomi air purifier 2S, u all set to auto mode or manual mode?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Checking if anyone knows any compatible filter for NAP 606 from taobao? The size is 36 cm x 28 cm x 4.5 cm, a 3 in 1 filter.

Eg for Novita 611, filter from Skg JH4053 purifiers can be used.

Last edited:

donetus

Reaction score
Is the Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S good? I'm thinking of getting one however, I read that there's the upgraded version which is Xiaomi Mijia Air Purifier 3.

Can you advise should is better?

soulforsoup

Reaction score
Family member just got tuberculosis... any air purifier suitable to deal with that? They're past the infectious stage but would like to lower the risk further

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Family member just got tuberculosis... any air purifier suitable to deal with that? They're past the infectious stage but would like to lower the risk further

As long as they and you (if specified by doctors) finish their oral medicine for the specified time and the disease is eradicated, then it's safe. No need for air purifier

ambler

Reaction score
Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro Review

I ordered the Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro., despite misgivings about the WiFi features, hoping that I would be able to control it sufficiently without using an app. It was ordered from the official Xiaomi Lazada store to avoid hassles dealing with a China region device. I went with the Xiaomi air purifier only because all other units I found for sale domestically were absurdly overpriced, as is the norm for appliances sold in Singapore.

This was my experience upon plugging in the device:
  • Max setting is unbearably loud
  • The button on the machine can only toggle 3 settings:
    1. "Sleep" / "Night" (moon symbol, no words)
    2. "Heart" - maximum noise
    3. (A), presumably "Auto", which either does nothing or behaves erratically as the sensor is disturbed

So, I was unable to use the medium setting out of the box. The app is required to use the purifier. The only options without the app are silent, which seems to have so low airflow as to be useless, or max, which is intolerable, or auto, which is also useless.

A positive: the display can be turned off with a button, and the unit will emit no light. I was concerned that the device may have an LED somewhere that cannot be disabled, making it useless for a bedroom.

The filter has an RFID in it. I don't know if this merely restricts me to buying official Xiaomi filters, or if it also forces me to replace the filter on a schedule regardless of the actual remaining lifespan of the filter. I cannot recommend any product that imposes these arbitrary restrictions.

I signed up for the Mi app to try to control the fan speed. After creating an account, I received a "service unavailable" message. This is precisely why a mundane appliance should not require internet connectivity to function.

Signing in again dispels the error, and I deny all "Mi App would like to use..." permissions requests. I find my way to the Devices menu. The app complains that it cannot find the air purifier without enabling Location Access it requested earlier, and I enable it.

I follow the procedure to connect the device several times, but it always hangs at "connecting to device" and implores me to move closer to the router that is beside me.

I go back to the app and find a QR code scanner function. I scan the QR code that is in the instruction manual and it tells me, "Invalid content, copy link and open in your browser". The link leads to the app store to download the same Mi app that I used to scan the QR code.

Based upon comments in this thread, I try to change the region to China. I search "China" and no region is found. I think to myself that I shouldn't have to do this anyway because I purchased the export model from the official Mi store on Lazada. Later, scrolling through the region list I find the option as "Chinese mainland".

I try to connect the device once more and it works. I switch back to the Singapore region and try again and it also works. I don't know if I was making some mistake in the prior attempts or if the app is buggy.

I notice the PM2.5 value reported in the app is different from the value displayed on the device, so that function is useless.

I was also required to accept 2 different Terms and Conditions and one Legal Agreement in order to use the app and connect the device.

The manual fan adjustment within the app works and is nice enough to have a slider rather than fixed high/medium/low settings, although it may only slide between 4 or 5 fixed settings. I set it at about 25%, any higher is annoyingly loud.

Pros:
  • Sliding adjustment of fan speed
  • Can turn off all lights

Cons:
  • RFID-restricted filters; can only use official filters, no cheap Taobao replacements
  • Default fan speeds without the app are useless, loud or useless and loud
  • Internet is required to adjust fan speed
  • App is required to adjust the fan speed; app configuration takes 30-60 minutes with troubleshooting and binds you into legal agreements

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you didn’t even try to use a replacement filter with rfid tags and you assumed it cannot be used? the tag to me only have 1 useful function; it automatically resets the filter lifespan countdown % on the app that’s all.

if you put in a filter without rfid tag it will still work.

furthermore. i wouldn’t consider a genuine replacement filter that cost $25 which lasts 4-6 months to be expensive.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get the Xiaomi ver 3 if you want manual control of the fan speeds. 400 m3/hr CADR due to the new fan and vane designs.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you think you feel better with an AP and have the budget, just get the Xiaomi ver 3. In fact, 2 of them is best (operating in medium speed). If it's those new BTO with very small bedrooms (eg below 10 square metres), then 1pc. The MBRs are usually bigger, best served by 2pcs in such a case.

TB also need long term exposure in order to catch.....so not too much worries.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any recommendations for air purifier for allergy purposes?

Dust mite droppings + mold spores are relatively big. All would work.

Just get the cheapest unit with highest airflow (CADR) with a cheapest replacement filter.

It is likely that you'd need to get 2pcs of Air Purifiers, to keep the airflow up (to have enough ACH) and noise levels down, for allergy prevention purposes.
So you'd need a small footprint as well.

Usually that means is the Xiaomi. So I'd recommend the 2pcs of ver 3.

Simiishthis

Reaction score
Heard that the xiaomi 3s comes with hepa class 13 filters so its better than 2s? Where can i get replacement filters for class 13 filters as a quick search on qoo10 only shows the class 11 one

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard that the xiaomi 3s comes with hepa class 13 filters so its better than 2s? Where can i get replacement filters for class 13 filters as a quick search on qoo10 only shows the class 11 one

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

H12 and H13 are literally the same for usage in a home environment. Original xiaomi filters are H12, not H11. Even then , there is still not much of a difference between H11 and H13 for the home environment usage vs dust mite droppings, mold spores......, and even for indonesian haze it's not going to make a noticeable or even measurable difference on the laser particle counter as there are many other variables eg how leaky is your room...posted the technical details in the past 15 pages or so.
(but you cannot seal up with masking tape all the visible gaps/holes of all doors and windows like what some pax did during 2015 heavy haze, which in turn received complaints of even poorer air quality and stuff like headache/nauseous/sense of ill-being due to CO2 build-up. <- user issue, not device issue

The version 3 uses the same filter as previous gen. Xiaomi does not manufacture or sell a special filter solely for the version 3.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...641205&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&abbucket=12

O1CN01udlieW29zFknhsHOg_!!1714128138.jpg

Last edited:

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
For xiaomi purifiers, without RFID sticker still can use la. Just that u may see that “ask u use original filter” in mandarin on the LED display. To get rid of that irritating message, just off your purifier light via the app. Then via the app, off your purifier, then switch on back and turn back on your light display. Then ok liao.

Of course personally still prefer to use with RFID sticker attached. Original filters with RFID sticker not expensive anyway. Before purchase if uncertain, just double check with seller if there’s RFID sticker attached ba.

Pic below (old used filter without RFID)
z3mvabq.jpg

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Cool! Hope to see Pro H soon here. If price drop until attractive enough, I go replace my Pro with Pro H. :D

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Haven’t read about the product. I assume beside higher CADR, the display should be also touch screen bah.

Don’t know how good or is it really good, but if is cheap enough, I don’t mind replace my old pro. No hurry. Can wait since my pro still doing well. :D

Is the Pro H really good? What is the difference as compared to the Pro?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.