Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try to sell a player. get told he is Pele

players getting disgustingly overpaid in the squad and above their manager. why will they give 2 hoots to the manager?

Because there is no backing on the manager which also lead to players not afraid of the manager too.

Last edited:

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think we should take anything at face value. Even SAF said that "no value in the market" party liner before, but we all kinda knew what that meant. I just don't think an earnest-looking face really means the truth.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ole say our injuries situation is unfortunate it’s all his doing too to play them when he knew they are injured, him and our medical staffs all need sacking, fecking clueless.

vickyboi

Reaction score
absolutely shocking

Rashford was carrying a single stress fracture in his back, now has a double stress fracture after Wolves game. Expected to be out for 2-3 months. Also has piece of floating bone in his ankle requiring non-intrusive surgery to remove. Been playing thru immense pain to help #mufc

the depth of our squad resulted in him being used like that. seriously what is our club doing? ruining a young man's career
And even so, at some points of time people are whacking him for not being good enough.....

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6010 using GAGT

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We are in dire state now our best player our only real goalscoring threat is now out injured for Long periods. Martial Greenword and James is not enough to carry the team in Attack.

Last edited:

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We are in dire state now our best player our only real goalscoring threat is now out injured for Long periods. Martial Greenword and James is not enough to carry the team in Attack.

Can only see if miracle can happen in the remaining 11 days of transfer window lor... don't get your hopes too high though.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Can only see if miracle can happen in the remaining 11 days of transfer window lor... don't get your hopes too high though.

I am not sure really, usually Jan window is bad for business, very overpriced. Not sure if Haaland really didn't want to come to us, but we definitely didn't look like we went all the way and showed we really want him. Selling all the plan B with no backup plan really backfire on us. The story that time was we have the youth, are we really going to rely on Greenwood now?

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was pleased with the performance and commitment of his Manchester United side, despite the Reds losing 2-0 to Liverpool at Anfield.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...after-liverpool-2-united-0-on-19-january-2020

Lose & still pleased with the performance. Time for him to go because this type of performance is not good enough to be among the top teams.

quite honestly, with the current players we have, not sure how we can win liverpool
that's how far we have fallen

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I doubt because Ole was genuinely positive about what the squad could achieve right before the season had started

:s13:

You look at the table & do you think Man Utd can get 4th place? I don't think Man Utd will get into the top 4 because it will require either Leicester or Chelsea to drop out of the top 4 & Tottenham doesn't get into the top 4.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You look at the table & do you think Man Utd can get 4th place? I don't think Man Utd will get into the top 4 because it will require either Leicester or Chelsea to drop out of the top 4 & Tottenham doesn't get into the top 4.

chelsea doesn't look interested in top 4 also:s13:

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Roy Keane and Jamie Carragher in FURIOUS row in Sky Sports studio over Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Questions have been asked of the Norwegian's credentials for the Old Trafford hot-seat all season and his future was again a key topic for discussion after the match.

When the subject was raised on Sky Sports' coverage after the match, Keane and Carragher were involved in a verbal royal rumble.

Patrice Evra and Graham Souness also featured in the coverage, but it was the Keane and Carragher that took control of the debate, as host David Jones could only watch on.

Keane asked Carragher: "What about the previous managers over the last few years, are you saying they're all bad managers?"

To which Carragher hit back: "At Manchester United? Do you think they've done good jobs? You slaughtered Mourinho when he was in the job."

Keane responded: "But he needed more time."

Carra's voice then dropped an octave or two as he incredulously replied: "He needed more time? You'd have given Mourinho more time? On the back of the performance here [Anfield] last year?"

"Absolutely, that's the name of the game. We question Ole, he's not up to it, look at his CV. Yet for some reasons other managers go to clubs and they're given the benefit of the doubt," Keane responded.

Carragher then pointed out: "Probably the CV gives them the benefit of the doubt."

The 48-year-old Irishman then brought the Chelsea boss into the debate: "Frank Lampard at Chelsea, I saw Chelsea last night."

The 41-year-old ex Liverpool defender butted in: "He's been in the job six months."

After which Keane finished his point: "And I'd say the same, give him time. Give Ole a bit of time. How long has Ole been in the job?"

The duo then bickered over how long Ole has been in charge, before Jones eventually cut in to remind them that Mourinho's last game had been at Anfield last season, as Carragher couldn't conceal a smirk.

Keane kept trying to argue his point: "Give the man a chance. I watched Chelsea last night. Chelsea, decent team, they couldn't get the job done.

"Frank Lampard's lost eight games, but for some reason, Frank's doing alright - maybe because he's English? I don't know."

After Keane continued to ramble on, a frustrated Carragher cut him off to ask his counterpart: "Tell me what the problem is at Manchester United."

The pair then started talking over each other and continued to bicker like school-children.

Carragher then brought the debate round by asking: "How long would you give Ole?"

And Keane finally gave a straight answer, saying he'd "certainly give Ole another year."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10774386/roy-keane-carragher-row-solskjaer/

Give him 1 yr & may miss out on getting Mauricio Pochettino. I'll give him until end of the season to get Man Utd into the top 4. If Man Utd can't get into the top 4 means he had failed & will need to be replaced.

alibababags

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont know why Andreas is still in the squad. probably because we have no one else to play (mata?)

that guy is clueless in the final third and his decision making is costing us goals and points.
so many times wan bissaka is free on the right wing, but he dont want to release him. so many times Martial is waiting to latch on to that pass, but nope, Andreas just looks down and runs straight.

even when the centre is already overcrowded, he cuts in. why the hell are you cutting in to 3/4 liverpool players????

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
About Ole, he has to stay, we chopped and changed too many times already. Don't tell me he has no clue and that's why he has to go. Moyes/LvG/Mourinho all had no clue too? Come on, don't give me this crap. I am not saying Ole is up there among the best managers, but we had some of the best before, and it didn't work? Give him time, I asked for more time for LvG, for Mou, and I'll say give more time to Ole.

On the other hand, wtf are we giving so much time to some of the players? Gosh, if only we can show the same patience to managers! How long has Martial been with us? 5 years? That miss last night basically gg-ed us. How long has Shaw been with us? 6 years? Lingard? Jones? Pogba? For one reason or another, these players should just leave, we shall sell all of them, or let them go for free. We have too many dead woods in the team! And this echo with giving the manager time, because if you change the manager now, the new manager is going to reassess the whole team, and give these dead woods more time to rot within us!

I don't mind giving Fred, AP, Bailly more time, we still need squad players. But those 5 above, I really don't wish to see them in Utd colour again. Sadly, I will...

how much time fans or management to give ole before patience runs out.

3, 5 or 10 seasons ?

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Started with the season with a thin bare squad. No surprise we are in this mess now. Still say he was confident with our front players blah blah.

If I’m OGS, I will bench Lindelof. ******* sissy so long in PL still no composure.

But he chose to bench Mata instead. Hence, his team selection & tactics very questionable. So I can’t back him, even though we know the rot starts from the top.

alibababags

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fergie was able to swiftly ship out players he had issues with, be it off or on the field. sometimes even if it's influential player.

cant say the same for our post-Fergie managers.

Fergie didnt work with that incompetent woodward. he worked hand in hand with David Gill, with Gill understanding what the club needs.

Instead of saying Ole is out of his depth, i would say Woodward is out of his depth.

we've been through LVG, Moyes, Mourinho, and now Ole. 4 managers but the result is still crap and there is only one constant all their reign: Woodward.

Woodward needs to step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.