Vietnam

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's quite ok hand carry 7+3

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

7+3? I see vietjetair only advertised 7kg though. Sadly scoot dun fly to danang. Jetstar does but its ex for nov, can only imagine for dec.

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually it's Unit Number then Street name, followed by Zone, District, City, Province, Vietnam

For South Vietnam like in hcmc

If you stay in a small lane

There will be Hem
Example: Hẻm Thái Văn Lung, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam

But in the north like Hanoi
It's So
Example: Số 14N2, ngách 15 Ngõ 230 Lạc Trung, Thanh Lương, Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội, Vietnam

Thank you :)

Sent from A New Hope using GAGT

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vietjet prompt to delay :vijayadmin:
Wah so jialat ah... In that case, i KIV first, see if other airlines will have some good deals or not.
Not exactly. Delays usually depends on the previous legs and whether are there missing passengers

The 1050am flight from Sin to DAD is the one and only vietjet flight

I have taken different planes to danang. SQ/silkair, Airasia, Jetstar and vietjet.

So far, Delays are usually minor ones. Only once.. I took Jetstar at 650pm. The plane only took off one hour later cuz there was a long line of planes waiting to take off.

When I reached Danang, it was already 10pm local time. I reached hotel it was already like 11pm

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just hcmc...
If you have luggage, you can proceed to your hotel first to check in and place your luggage with the Concierge

Then usually I will go have a nice bowl of Bun Ca as brunch.

Once finished, I will go vincom dongkhoi watch movie, premium class.

After movie... Go for a nice two hour massage

By then it's should be around 4/5pm Liao... Go back to my hotel, collect my key and take a good long shower. Take a nap.

Set alarm at 8pm to wake up
Go Le thanh ton street to jiak jipun la mian and shushi.

Slow walk to Nguyen Hue walking street for a nice stroll and bio beautiful girls

Plus in hand, a large cup of iced milk tea from KOI

Last edited:

Junken

Reaction score
Hi experts!
Was planning a trip to Hanoi for 6 days in Feb. Please help me as I’m clueless and no one I know has been to Hanoi.
1. Where to stay? Would prefer places that has 24/7 food and relatively safer with Malls nearby?
2. Is 6 days too much?
3. Grab is not recommended? Would taxis there be safe to take?
4. Should I plan to stay in Halong Bay?
5. What activities should we do? Saw some cooking classes on Klook any advice?

It’s just me and my bf. I would love to cover almost everything there. It’s like a one time off trip.

1. i think it'd be better if you actually did some research then ask the people here whether it's ok or not, etc. and don't expect 24/7 stuff in Hanoi I think.

2. 6 days to me is too much, honestly with that many days, you should do an extended trip to Sapa or Ha Giang, if you are super adventurous.

3. Grab is recommended, why not? taxis are safe but have to choose from reputable ones. When I was there, I stick to Grab, didn't have much issues, easier to communicate than taxi also, since u already key in the address on the app.

4. most people would recommend staying 1 night on board the halong bay cruise cos can see sunset/sunrise, but for me, i chose not to cos i feel like it'll be quite boring. i just took the day trip kind and it was sufficient for me. personal preference.

5. same answer for you as point 1

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts!
Was planning a trip to Hanoi for 6 days in Feb. Please help me as I’m clueless and no one I know has been to Hanoi.
1. Where to stay? Would prefer places that has 24/7 food and relatively safer with Malls nearby?
2. Is 6 days too much?
3. Grab is not recommended? Would taxis there be safe to take?
4. Should I plan to stay in Halong Bay?
5. What activities should we do? Saw some cooking classes on Klook any advice?

It’s just me and my bf. I would love to cover almost everything there. It’s like a one time off trip.
Hanoi....

Since you are going with your bf, ask him first. What he ok, what he not ok.

1) iirc no 24/7 food as most shops are required to be closed at 12 midnight except some shops are allowed to close around 1am.
Vietnam cities are very similar to Indonesia. Very few hotels next to Malls. For Hanoi. It will be Lotte Hotel attached to Lotte Mall.

Since it's your first time. Stay around Hoan Kiem Lake. Friday sat n sun the roads are block and you can walk on the road freely.

2) 6 days is ok if you plan to go like 1 day HLB, 3 days Sapa and 2 days Hanoi.
A sidenote: the air quality in Hanoi city is Really bad in recent years. On average. The PSI is around 170 to 250.

3) Grab is fine. I been using it across Vietnam for years now. Cuz I can pay using my card or grabpay and I don't need to bother about changes or dispute with fares.
Taxi can...
Choose Mai Linh or Hanoi Taxi but taxi you need to pay cash and exact amount. Plus, expect the driver not to give you the exact change

Example if the fare is 45400, you pass 50000 to the driver, don't expect change of 600
Or if you pass 100.000, don't expect change of 4600

Just to give you a sense of the streets and buildings of Hanoi... It's like one Mega Malacca & Penang (George Town)

It's extremely safe to walk around but just don't use your phone while walking along the streets.

Which particular month are you planning? Summer is definitely a big no no. Temperature in day time can easily hit 40-42
And night time will still be around 30-32

Last edited:

gohjlb

Reaction score
I got extra set of 60GB data usage at 3G/4G speed.
Network provider: Vietnamobile

brought an extra set going to sell away. anyone interested?

Stay in west side.

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just realised that for vietjetair, it comes with checked luggage of up to 32kg. I was looking at it as budget airline.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just realised that for vietjetair, it comes with checked luggage of up to 32kg. I was looking at it as budget airline.

It is a budget airline but no matter what, it's still cheaper than scoot and jetstar

Junken

Reaction score

that's not true... u have to pay for luggage. it just says up to 32kg luggage but after that when u enter the details, the luggage auto select the biggest luggage allowance but once you take it out, the price goes down.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's not true... u have to pay for luggage. it just says up to 32kg luggage but after that when u enter the details, the luggage auto select the biggest luggage allowance but once you take it out, the price goes down.

Ouh ya, its under Permitted with Fee. lol, i saw the green tick, i thought it came together. Like this, easier for me to compare apple with apple. Jetstar lowest now is $250 but timing really cui.

Junken

Reaction score
Ouh ya, its under Permitted with Fee. lol, i saw the green tick, i thought it came together. Like this, easier for me to compare apple with apple. Jetstar lowest now is $250 but timing really cui.

they probably are aware of it but they purposely put it that way to make "attractive low prices". i see it as misinformation lol.

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got extra set of 60GB data usage at 3G/4G speed.
Network provider: Vietnamobile

brought an extra set going to sell away. anyone interested?

Stay in west side.
Pm me?

Sent from A New Hope using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.