The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

arc13

Reaction score
qh93LmW.jpg

Shahmatt

Reaction score
Hey guys. Can anyone advise where I can go ti get watch batteries changed? I stay near to Hougang.

Shahmatt

Reaction score
Any watch shop should be able to change, including those watch chain ones

I am afraid of being overcharged. One shop I went to refused to quote a fee. Said need to look at the watch etc. Another shop said minimum $10.

I do not know the normal rate for battery change. These watches are not expensive - normal Quartz. One is ESPIRIT brand and the other is GUESS.

So looking for a place that is confirmed reasonable.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes but from local 2k shld be able to get around 2k or abit more. Any advise on the model or other model i can look at for a 2k budget?

Well if u go by currency rate just 2.2k
If u like tag sure, other model from tag no diff imho
Inside a tag it’s running either Eta 2824 or Sellita 200 entry level movement. Spend more you get a 2892. Many watch companies used same thing, brand marketing it’s where it gets u

Other brands different story. Go google

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/commerce+root/all+brands/glycine/cat2951180.cid?N=22380+4294512330&Nr=OR%28NOT%28brand.supressedSites%3Awww.ashford.com%29%2Cproduct.enableSupressedPreOwned%3A1%29&catId=cat2951180

I rather go with a classic https://www.stowa.de/en/Flieger/

https://monochrome-watches.com/the-history-of-the-pilot-watch-part-five-b-uhr/

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
happy new year to all watchfams and towkays here! more watches in the year ahead! huat ah!

WgzcPtM.jpg

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am afraid of being overcharged. One shop I went to refused to quote a fee. Said need to look at the watch etc. Another shop said minimum $10.

I do not know the normal rate for battery change. These watches are not expensive - normal Quartz. One is ESPIRIT brand and the other is GUESS.

So looking for a place that is confirmed reasonable.

Standard price is around there and up to $12 (if they claim to use Japanese battery) hahah

Of course, you can order the batteries from taobao and DIY - the batteries just cost less than $1 or so each hahah

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Standard price is around there and up to $12 (if they claim to use Japanese battery) hahah

Of course, you can order the batteries from taobao and DIY - the batteries just cost less than $1 or so each hahah

Batteries but outside Taobao not that expensive, tool from Taobao is 1 time investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.