Air purifier? - Part 2

justpee

Reaction score
Does all these air purifier prevent dust? Meaning to said if I on 24 hours. After a month of not wiping my table, it will still be dust free?

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
If you still have to open windows and door occasionally.... No. Won’t be dust free.

Does all these air purifier prevent dust? Meaning to said if I on 24 hours. After a month of not wiping my table, it will still be dust free?

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone manage to let your XM app work with the purifier yet ?

Be in Mainland or Singapore (doesn't matter to me). tried both still doesn't work.

Last edited:

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone manage to let your XM app work with the purifier yet ?

Be in Mainland or Singapore (doesn't matter to me). tried both still doesn't work.

Besides setting the in-app location to Mainland, try turning on location services (& letting the app have access to it) before launching the app. I know it sounds counterintuitive but that’s how I got my AP3 import set work with the Mi home app.

Reaction score
For me bro, the air from the Dyson Pure Cool Tower is more gentle and not as buffeting as from a traditional bladed fan. So less dirt.

Reaction score
For me bro, the air from the Dyson Pure Cool Tower is more gentle and not as buffeting as from a traditional bladed fan. So less dirt.

Oh note! Dyson doesn't offer any CADR purification scores for the Pure Cool Tower, but does state that the purifier is capable of cleaning a family room, capturing 99.95% of ultra-fine particles, without leakage. Thats coming from the manual. So you see la!

Ong_Xinyi

Reaction score
Air Purifier Towers

Do setting up air purifier towers in a dense polluted city work similar to natural air purifying plants?

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haven’t read about the product. I assume beside higher CADR, the display should be also touch screen bah.

Don’t know how good or is it really good, but if is cheap enough, I don’t mind replace my old pro. No hurry. Can wait since my pro still doing well. :D

If the price is good, I may want to get it too.

susan_snowrain

Reaction score
I am deciding between getting a Xiaomi 3h or a Pro air purifier.
My flat is the old 4 room flat. Am getting for the master bedroom. Is it the 3h model better or I should get the Pro version?

Last edited:

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
87294794_10221721416203034_4599217685417426944_n.jpg

derekliu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What mode are u all using for ur xiaomi air purifier?

Is my xiaomi 2S Air purifier at this manual mode good enough for my master bedroom at night while slping? This is the max noise tolerance i can tahan while slping.

sK5ukxV.png

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Repost MPPS concept of filtration again.....
Some pax are still not getting this concept correct and saying that N95 masks cannot filter viruses. (same goes for HEPA)

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/409903O/respiratory-protection-against-biohazards.pdf

Very large particles (< 100 μm) in slow moving airstreams may settle out due to gravity. However, most respirable particles are too small for this mechanism. Respirable particles above 0.6 μm in diameter are typically captured efficiently by interception and inertial impaction. Inertial impaction occurs when a particle cannot follow an air streamline around a fiber because of its inertia and instead impacts into the fiber. In the interception mechanism, the particle holds to the streamline, but that streamline will naturally bring the particle close enough to come in contact with the fiber.

In contrast, diffusion is typically very efficient for particles smaller than 0.1 μm. Random movements of air molecules collide with these very small particles and cause them to wander across streamlines until they come in contact with a fiber. Because of the various mechanisms by which particulate filtration occurs, the smallest particles are typically not the most difficult to filter. Most particulate filters have a region of lower filtration efficiency somewhere between 0.05-0.5 μm.

Particles in this range are large enough to be less effectively pushed around by diffusion, but small enough to be less effectively captured by interception or impaction. The most penetrating particle size (MPPS) will depend on the filter media, air flow, and
electrostatic charge on the particle. Filters that use electrostatic attraction may have a MPPS shifted to a slightly smaller size range.

Filtration efficiencies of six different commercially available US N95 filtering facepiece respirators as tested by 3M are shown in the left side of Figure 1. (Previous research has shown that for 3M products, European FFP2 respirators have equivalent or
better filtration efficiency in tests representative of health care environments.) Averaged filtration efficiencies are shown as a function of different sized sodium chloride particles at a flow rate of 85 liters per minute.

zn9BmAP.jpg

While there was variability between different samples of the same respirator model, and between different models, the MPPS included particles with a diameter between 0.04 and 0.1 μm. As seen in Figure 1, particles that are smaller or larger than the MPPS are captured with higher filtration efficiency. Filtration via diffusion (most noticeable for particles smaller than 0.1 μm) actually increases as particle size decreases. Other research has confirmed that filter efficiency increases with decreasing particle size, even for particles as small as 0.003 μm (much smaller than that of virus).

A size distribution from a sneeze is shown on the right side of Figure 1.23 It should be noted that most of the droplet nuclei are larger than the MPPS. In other words, droplet nuclei that may contain microorganisms will be filtered with high efficiency by these respirators.

8CxhNvJ.jpg

Bonus

400px-Filteration_Collection_Mechanisms.png

Bh6J06eBiczIckI7QFC0QOIdKcJNO3UQZdivYHCdEjV-HkkZTOk9hQW3qzWFXiKFam7EX7GcgGOlJF9gpzbmN5f92D4t9KBq3RFMYFiXZNgnIhcMG7wYGF6px_n-Mj6UQVTEE5V6KgbaxVw4TuRMCQ-Zaeb5DYEIpBTTzGw9MugL

Chngz

Reaction score
Xiaomi Air Purifiers vs Coway AP 1512HH - which one is better?

I also notice the naming convention for the Xiaomi air purifiers in Singapore seem to be different to the reviews I can find online. For example, in a Mi store here, I found 2H ($199), 3H EU ($269), EU ($299). Anyone know why the naming is a bit off? Expectedly, the coverage increases as you increase your budget.

However, I haven't been able to find any direct comparisons of the Mi purifiers to the Coway AP 1512HH that I'm interested in.

Summary of questions:
  1. Anyone have experience or has seen reviews of Xiaomi APs vs Coway AP 1512HH?
  2. How come the names of Mi purifiers in Singapore doesn't match those of online reviews?
  3. Where to buy Coway AP 1512HH in Singapore? Mainly after a good price! Best I can find is Lazada for $455.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.