[VR] Any VR users here?

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Job simulator, vacation simulator, pistol whip, beat saber, thrill of the fight, space pirate trainer, tennis fury, sairento, synth rider, path of the warrior.

Recently bought journey of the gods and shadow point.

Also use virtual desktop to play steamVR. Creed, super hot, no man sky etc.

Sent from Home using GAGT

zhix

Reaction score
pistol whip, beat saber, vader immortal, super hot. Does anyone have issues with stable wifi and casting connection? my unit seems to get disconnected regularly either from wifi or casting..

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pistol whip, beat saber, vader immortal, super hot. Does anyone have issues with stable wifi and casting connection? my unit seems to get disconnected regularly either from wifi or casting..
The casting sux. Huawei phone totally cannot use. I am using my old LG G6 to cast.

zhix

Reaction score
You mean casting from Quest to Quest App on the mobile phone?

I'm trying to cast directly from Quest to Chromecast so everyone else can see the game during parties.

It seems that Quest is unable to maintain the connection on Mesh Routers (which unfortunately I am using) so it keeps dropping the connection to the WiFi and Casting . Super annoying.

The casting sux. Huawei phone totally cannot use. I am using my old LG G6 to cast.

SkyScraper

Master Member
Reaction score
I cast via chrome cast. The thing about the head set is that once you take off to pass to the next person, the cast drops.

Another thing is there's delay hence earphone is needed

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean casting from Quest to Quest App on the mobile phone?

I'm trying to cast directly from Quest to Chromecast so everyone else can see the game during parties.

It seems that Quest is unable to maintain the connection on Mesh Routers (which unfortunately I am using) so it keeps dropping the connection to the WiFi and Casting . Super annoying.
I dont have chromecast so I cast to handphone then cast to TV using miracast.

zhix

Reaction score
For those who are and want to cast, please add help to add urgency to the situation by logging a ticket with Oculus Quest.

They have admitted it's an issue and they are working on it ..

This is with regards to the Quest dropping wifi and cast connection on Mesh network routers.

--Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support.

I understand you're reporting an intermittent WiFi disconnection when using your Quest.

We are aware of the issue affecting customers with dual-band band routers, and we are actively working to address this. In the meantime, you may feel free to disable the dual-band feature of your router, and only broadcast in either the 2.4ghz or 5ghz band. We will continue to work so that you can use your Quest with the dual-band feature enabled on your router.

I'd like to gather some additional information from you for your report:

Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Router model number

If you are not using a dual-band router, please try the following:

Connect your headset to another network to test the disconnection
Reboot your headset

Let me know how that goes, I hope to hear back from you soon.

Kindly,

Lily
Oculus Support

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oculus quest + usb3 to usb c cable = oculus link

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.