Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fata1-7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Since you have already got it, more importantly is to use it more effectively. Just buy a Mi Box S to complement the TV, it has official Android TV OS, Netflix HD/4K, Youtube 4K, Chromecast function built in.

https://shopee.sg/product/178877065/5201808158?smtt=0.0.9

S$79.9 offer price from official Xiaomi Global Store, one year local waranty.

No worries bro. Took a hit of 150 and sold it. Time to look to greener pastures..

th3pr0

Reaction score
currently looking at 55C6US. for those that own this model, can the netflix play in UHD?

current own a hisense 50A6501UW and its able to play netflix in UHD but TV in my room broke down. to planning to use the hisense in my room and get the 55C6US for my living room

Edit: was doing some research and realise giant sell 55c8 while on qoo10 is 55c6US. went to TCL website and see specs. seem like C6 is running android M while C8 is running android P. Is this possible to update?

Also C6 seem to be running newer Mali T860 compare C8 Mali 470

Last edited:
Reaction score
The affordable TCL 6 series has excellent overall image quality, with deep black levels, very good brightness, rich contrast and accurate colour. Go view it ma

Reaction score
The affordable TCL 6 series has excellent overall image quality, with deep black levels, very good brightness, rich contrast and accurate colour. Go view it ma

Oh note also - Roku smart TV platform is the best available, with a simple interface and extensive streaming app support. Go now!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Oh note also - Roku smart TV platform is the best available, with a simple interface and extensive streaming app support. Go now!

6 or 8 Series is meant for US. Not available in Singapore. Roku OS is not so useful in Singapore.

Ctrl_Alt_Del

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw someone mentioned about pay with dairy farm voucher to buy tcl tv at 10% discount. Where to buy the voucher?

DriftKing

Reaction score
I just realised, giant not selling the C6 but C8 instead, it's Onkyo speaker Vs Harman Kardon speaker. That is weird... But seems like the C6 more atas?

SyncGuy

Reaction score
I just realised, giant not selling the C6 but C8 instead, it's Onkyo speaker Vs Harman Kardon speaker. That is weird... But seems like the C6 more atas?

Hey! I've been looking at the C6US too.
And now this C8. If what you say is true, I'm tempted to bring down a HDD of HDR movies to test it out.

Between the 2, if you look at the specs carefully, the C8 is better.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Did anyone check the TCL 65C8 at Giant yet? The price is super attractive, I wonder how good is the TV?

DriftKing

Reaction score
Did anyone check the TCL 65C8 at Giant yet? The price is super attractive, I wonder how good is the TV?

Went to see liao, not sure if the P8S is poorly placed or tuned, the C8 looked slighly crispier. But not sure about the Onkyo speaker tho, doesnt looks as decent as the C6's Harman Kardon.

Price difference of $400..... really can invest/partly fund in a good set of speakers

Vulpix

Reaction score
Went to see liao, not sure if the P8S is poorly placed or tuned, the C8 looked slighly crispier. But not sure about the Onkyo speaker tho, doesnt looks as decent as the C6's Harman Kardon.

Price difference of $400..... really can invest/partly fund in a good set of speakers
It's difficult to find differences between the TCL models, I want to find out the difference between P8 and this C8 also hard to find any good side by side info. Heck, not even TCL SG site got the C8 info listed wtf.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Ok, after scouring the internet I found the specs for both P8S and C8, it seems quite clear the P8S has a better panel so to DriftKing, it's not an issue with calibration.

https://test.tcl.com/ru/en/products/C8/65C8.html
https://www.tcl.com/sa/en/products/P8S/65P8S.html

Seriously difficult to find info siah. The P8S panel is better than the C8. The C8 is ELED which is edge lighting, while the P8 is DLED which is direct lighting. If anyone wants to correct me, please go ahead as I am also just trying to find out which is the better model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.