WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or i should just use their ONR ?

Compare to ea7500 linksys router which perform better ?

I use my own Asus router so I just ask them to set as ONT. I don’t want end up not able to use any feature on my router due to ONR. Better flexibility if you ask me

Last edited:
Reaction score
The advantage of this type of broadband is that you can watch videos, browse the web and play games faster. So see how.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The advantage of this type of broadband is that you can watch videos, browse the web and play games faster. So see how.

Please do not troll.

If you are an AI robot, then it is pretty good. Tests passed. No need to continue.

confusedsuitguy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an existing 12-month 500mbps plan with M1 coming to an end in mid-Feb. Currently have the option to:

1. Renew (only want another 12 months)
2. Wait for the IT show in March. I've never been to an IT show before so not sure what to expect.
3. Switch to Whizcomms (500mbps for $32/mo as opposed to $39/mo)

Any advice re: Whizcomms service and connectivity? I stream Netflix, download quite heavy, and do some light gaming (mostly Overwatch). I'm also moving from East to West if that helps anything.

Thanks!

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an existing 12-month 500mbps plan with M1 coming to an end in mid-Feb. Currently have the option to:

1. Renew (only want another 12 months)
2. Wait for the IT show in March. I've never been to an IT show before so not sure what to expect.
3. Switch to Whizcomms (500mbps for $32/mo as opposed to $39/mo)

Any advice re: Whizcomms service and connectivity? I stream Netflix, download quite heavy, and do some light gaming (mostly Overwatch). I'm also moving from East to West if that helps anything.

Thanks!

Reposted here.

M1 12mo 1gbps contract is pricey at 49/mo.
(24mo 1gbps 39.90/mo)

Relocation fee is still 55 regardless of recontract on 12/24mths.
Just like if u need to replace or repair your terminal point at 150.

Whizcomms cny promo
https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/promotions/1gbpsexclusive2020/?utm_source=WCPromoPage&utm_medium=GP_21Jan-08Feb&utm_campaign=WOWCNY20

34/mo x 24mo, 1gbps, no actv fee, no nlt fee, 1x free ont delivery installation.
No router nor home line number though.

Difference of 5.90/mo x 24mo (m1 vs wc 1gbps)
Not enough to get you a terminal point replacement but good to cover relocation fee of 55.

Difference of 3/mo x 24mo (m1 vs wc 500mbps)
Just enough to get you the NLT fee paid but not enough to cover relocation fee of 55.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
hi what's the context of the terminal point replacement may i ask? planning to switch from starhub to whizcomms.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
hi i switched over to whizcomms recently. previous speed using wireless network on another telco's 1 gbs plan, i was able to hit 300-400mbs. Now, on whizcomms, on exactly the same setup, i'm only able to hit less than 100mbs. Any idea or advice on what could be wrong? i know wireless is not as fast as wired, but less than 100mbs seems quite absurd. thanks.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi i switched over to whizcomms recently. previous speed using wireless network on another telco's 1 gbs plan, i was able to hit 300-400mbs. Now, on whizcomms, on exactly the same setup, i'm only able to hit less than 100mbs. Any idea or advice on what could be wrong? i know wireless is not as fast as wired, but less than 100mbs seems quite absurd. thanks.

Same router on both telcos ?

hk7310

Reaction score
yes same router, same desktop, nothing changed at all.

Change network cable and try. If working properly, the next will be bypass router, get a network cable to connect directly to you ONT with your pc. If still less than 100Mbps, then call your service provider.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
i only have a desktop and no laptop, but as i didn't change anything at all, wondering if others have a similar experience or there's a whizcomm specific setting to tweak to optimise speed. everything has remained the same before and after switching service provider

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
just want to report back to close the loop. double checked based on one of the bros' advice, and realised that the whizcomms guy changed to a different lan cable when he came to setup the ont. changed back to my previous cable, and the speed is fine now for wireless connection. thanks all.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
To share, after changing back to the old cable, so far I find the speed better than the previous provider StarHub. Thumbs up so far, hopefully it stays this way

Sent from M20X using GAGT

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To share, after changing back to the old cable, so far I find the speed better than the previous provider StarHub. Thumbs up so far, hopefully it stays this way

Sent from M20X using GAGT

Cool. Keep some spare cables just in case

feralslash

Reaction score
I have it configured as ONT and am using Linksys EA8100 as router. The public IP and WAN IP are different. I am trying to enable remote access to my Plex server. Port forwarding doesnt work.
How do I access my Plex from friend's place?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.