iPhone SE 2020 — Now Available

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody considering getting it if the rumours are true?

Though I am droid, am considering it as I fancy small-screen phones rather than large phones, which are increasingly hard to slip into the pocket.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
After using the Pro Max, it’s really hard to go down to LCD lol. Maybe will consider the SE 2 as a spare phone but need to see the price also.
For me, size is the main consideration. Screen is not that crucial for me, my eyes can't really see much difference.

But ya, smaller size better for me as a guy since guys tend to put phone in pocket and those giant phones (with exception of iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 8) are damn hard to put inside pocket without the end protruding out and being visible

So my philosophy is always small phone if possible. If need to read emails/documents, I rather use tablet

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
For me, size is the main consideration. Screen is not that crucial for me, my eyes can't really see much difference.

But ya, smaller size better for me as a guy since guys tend to put phone in pocket and those giant phones (with exception of iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 8) are damn hard to put inside pocket without the end protruding out and being visible

So my philosophy is always small phone if possible. If need to read emails/documents, I rather use tablet

Ditto. The built & size of the former SE is something i miss alot. The only drawback is that the camera on the new SE2 (supposedly) is not as good as the current level of iPhones.

I'm using the Pixel 3a, which size & weight is compact & light respectively. Yet its camera is very good despite being single lens. But that's kudos to Google's OS & camera app.

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
Ditto. The built & size of the former SE is something i miss alot. The only drawback is that the camera on the new SE2 (supposedly) is not as good as the current level of iPhones.

I'm using the Pixel 3a, which size & weight is compact & light respectively. Yet its camera is very good despite being single lens. But that's kudos to Google's OS & camera app.
And I miss typing with one hand. Nowadays, all the phones require at least two hands to hold and type

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely getting it. Not used to big phones that are hard to slip in pocket. Also people can see what I’m reading.

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
Another render by a different site:

iPhone-SE-2-renders-color-options-and-preliminary-specifications-2.jpg

iPhone-SE-2-renders-color-options-and-preliminary-specifications-1.jpg

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
why wait? just buy a iphone8 and use.

I would think that if SE 2 does actually come out, it will be more 'future-proof' as iPhone 8 was already released in 2017, so in 2-3 years time, it may not be guaranteed an upgrade into the latest iOS.

Also, if it is true, SE 2 will get A13 chip and with a small screen, batt life might be quite good

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.