View Single Post
Old 30-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #13
AMAT

Hello all

I would be in Ipoh in early March for a few days and I am thinking of making a day trip to Cameron Highlands during my time there. Does anyone have any recommendations on private tour with pickup from Ipoh for 4 pax? What's the usual rates for such private tours?

Alternatively, are there any guide or tips that I ought to know? Like maybe instead of going with a private tour, joining a group? Thanks in advance all.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6010 using GAGT
Actually a day trip to cameron highlands is more than enough. It only takes around 2 hrs max to get from ipoh to brinchang, so if you go around 8-9am, you will reach brinchang around 11am, just nice for a steamboat lunch at OK tuck. after lunch can go to golden hills weekend market for pasar malam. The old one at brinchang gone already, left only a few stalls there, due to redevelopment. Take note weekend the jam is very heavy, especially for holidays, same as woodlands or tuas custom, you could stuck in traffic for 2-3 hrs one way .
Oh yes, before you go up the hill, before making the right turn to head up to kampung raja/brinchang, there is a strawberry restaurant, the ice cream there is very nice, the strawberry tea there is also cheaper then some brinchang market stalls.

Ipoh has so much food to eat, I think spending 3-4 days there is ok, if you are staying at AirBNB, you can ask the host on where the locals go for their kai see hor fun, roti canai, nasi lemak etc. The stadium there is good place, lots of food and locals, clean and no birds (not like here, always got myna or pigeons).

If you are bored (as ipoh not many shopping malls), you can go to penang (about 2hr+ drive also) via the new bridge to queensbay mall, you can spend a whole day there as it's very big.

Seafood wise sitiawan might be the place to go, but personally I have never been to there.
AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote