The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Reaction score
Oh, I was given the impression that Lutina is the higher end lens with blue light protection. I was quoted for a lower end Tokai lens, also with blue light protection (I think it is BCC or something like that) but definitely not Lutina.

Hi bro,
Tokai Blue Coat (TBC) is the equivalent of Crizal Prevencia, Hoya BlueControl, Zeiss BlueProtect. It works by having just a layer of blue coating & filters out ~30% HEV(Blue) light.

Tokai Lutina is the improved version which filters out ~94% HEV(Blue) light. The other big players don't have such lenses yet.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi bro! Some updates too!
Crizal blue capture has the same capabilities as tokai lutina too.
Thus essilor has one too at the moment. Pretty new in the market. Also less yellowish hue than some other blue absorb lenses too!

Hi bro,
Tokai Blue Coat (TBC) is the equivalent of Crizal Prevencia, Hoya BlueControl, Zeiss BlueProtect. It works by having just a layer of blue coating & filters out ~30% HEV(Blue) light.

Tokai Lutina is the improved version which filters out ~94% HEV(Blue) light. The other big players don't have such lenses yet.

Last edited:

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro,
A pair of 1.50 index progressive lens with basic design starts from $180.

Depending on your needs , you can also choose to top up & have Add-ons like:
  • Thinner lenses
  • Wider Angle lenses
  • Colour changing lenses (E.g. Transitions, Photochromic)
  • HEV Light (Blue) Filter (E.g. Asahi-Lite UV3G, Tokai Lutina)

No offence please but if I ask bluntly if owndays progressive lens are reasonable in quality since I just read that price is about $198

yodajedi01

Reaction score
Hi bro! Some updates too!
Crizal blue capture has the same capabilities as tokai lutina too.
Thus essilor has one too at the moment. Pretty new in the market. Also less yellowish hue than some other blue absorb lenses too!

Hi GANGSTERKIA or anyone ....

I would like to know if there is any diff for this 3 lens
Essilor Eyezen VS Crizal Blue UV capture VS Crizal Prevencia

all 3 are able to filter blue-violet light if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
Reaction score

all 3 are able to filter blue-violet light if I did not mistaken.

Essilor EyeZen is their anti fatigue lens design
Crizal Prevencia is the Blue Coat to block ~30% HEV(blue) light
Crizal Blue UV capture, not too sure though. but i heard that its their version of ~94% HEV(Blue) light filter

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. You are right!
Adding on, Eyezen now comes with blue capture too which is also works similarly to the tokai lutina design.
However if you prefer the yellowish hue then Can request for prevencia too.

Crizal Blue UV capture, not too sure though. but i heard that its their version of ~94% HEV(Blue) light filter

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Prevencia is blue reflect which has a yellowish hue to the lenses whereas blue Capture is blue absorb which does the similar task however no yellowish hue/slight.

Eyezen comes with the blue light filter and now essilor eyezen is able to choose between blue capture and prevencia. Just ask your practitioner for the recommendation and let them know your needs.

all 3 are able to filter blue-violet light if I am not mistaken.

yodajedi01

Reaction score

Thanks EyezoneOpticalSG.
Yea ... I just heard of this Crizal Blue UV capture last week.
I have been searching the net for answers but It still does not provide me much answers.

sarduakar2000

Reaction score
How does this mid-range lens compare to those branded ones like Varilux Liberty? Cos the price of this lens is quite close to Varilux Liberty quoted at 748

Reaction score
How does this mid-range lens compare to those branded ones like Varilux Liberty? Cos the price of this lens is quite close to Varilux Liberty quoted at 748

Varilux liberty is a very basic pair of progressives. Usually most people wouldn't go for this range.

Design of the mid range lenses quoted is similar to varilux comfort

Powwie

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a basic Lindberg or Yellow T. I leave in the east. Any recommendation? My vision is 200 and 350. A bit of astigmatism. Thanks!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Basic Lindberg series would be acetanium, N.O.W, spirit/air titanium, RIM and ranges for about 700-800++(not factoring in discount). Jamco gives good prices!

Thanks for the reply. May I know what would be the price range?

sarduakar2000

Reaction score
Varilux liberty is a very basic pair of progressives. Usually most people wouldn't go for this range.

Design of the mid range lenses quoted is similar to varilux comfort
Oic. Would the field of vision be wide? Since my usage is quite multi vast. I am driving and works long hours in front of a Pc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.