Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got quote from a workshop charging like RM400 for labour. Don’t know if it is a reasonable rate?

Looks reasonable for me. After conversion, you won't get this price in Singapore. This is my personal logic to head North to fix my ride.

Others may have a diff mindset.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what the price range for labour:

- Timing Belt
- Water Pump
- Belt Tensioner
- Air Filter
- Engine Oil

Just labour only
What's the car you own? JK brands probably wouldn't cost that much, but if it's conti then probably. Whom did you ask? Did you try asking CarClick?

TSmonster1

Reaction score
I got quote from a workshop charging like RM400 for labour. Don’t know if it is a reasonable rate?

I have done the same items as you for 2 of my previous cars at 2 different workshops. Paid 250rm and 450rm labour. I believe reasonable rate should be 250rm

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Avoid Century Automotive at Jalan Dato Sulaiman. Scammer!

Century is still alright to me. What did they do to you for you to call them a scammer?

If pushy and abit of wanna makan you, i would say its that One Stop Auto shop more likely to scam.

Mikail A J

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My mileage is reaching 90k soon and major servicing is up.
Can anyone recommend a reliable workshop in JB?
Thanks

Try Auto Champion Star - have been using them for several years now - the boss is Ling and he's honest and reliable - prices very reasonable so much so i've never had to bargain. Highly Recommended. Great mechanics too!!

If you don't have the parts, he is able to get most parts from stockist in JB. I normally bring my own engine oil purchased from Giant [Shell Helix].

Whilst servicing, go get a Grab car and go to the mall to shop and eat.

Auto Champion Star
No 2 Jalan Titiwangsa 4
Taman Tampoi Indah, 81200

HP: 012-711 3758

Jeaniuz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try Auto Champion Star - have been using them for several years now - the boss is Ling and he's honest and reliable - prices very reasonable so much so i've never had to bargain. Highly Recommended. Great mechanics too!!

If you don't have the parts, he is able to get most parts from stockist in JB. I normally bring my own engine oil purchased from Giant [Shell Helix].

Whilst servicing, go get a Grab car and go to the mall to shop and eat.

Auto Champion Star
No 2 Jalan Titiwangsa 4
Taman Tampoi Indah, 81200

HP: 012-711 3758

Do they do alignment, balancing as well? I called but no answer, guessing is due to the holidays.

Good to know alternatives, will try them out for my next 10k service.

Mikail A J

Reaction score
Do they do alignment, balancing as well? I called but no answer, guessing is due to the holidays.

Good to know alternatives, will try them out for my next 10k service.

Yes they do balancing and wheel alignment... perhaps closed for CNY.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.