OLA EC @ Anchorvale

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
For me I currently stay very very near to the site of Ola and it checks all the boxes for me:

- near in law's who just moved to fernvale (they look after my kid)
- near hospital - I see it as a pro more than a con. You actually dont hear sirens that much, in fact I'd say it's quite rare.
- nearby a new hawker centre that's being built at anchorvale village
- can dispose current BTO 6 months after TOP, save on rental and having to time and nego the move with both buyer and seller if buying resale condo
- I actually like living in this area very much!
- may be my last chance to buy a "discounted condo"

All the other ECs surrounding Ola will hit MOP by the time Ola TOP in 2023 - I wonder if that timing was on purpose, and would it help with resale value of Ola it being the newest on the lot. Buyers may be more attracted to new? And when it hits 10 years, the surrounding ECs will be "oldish" at 15 years. Even Rivercove (900psf) is gonna TOP this year.

I wonder then would buyers compare Ola to Parc Botannia (~1300psf, TOP 2020) given the age of these 2 developments..

The two empty plots nearby have been zoned for schools as well. Maybe Ola will be able to ride on that for capital appreciation too?
Me on the other hand stay very near Parc Botannia. In fact, just opposite High Park.

Looking at your listed points, if I were in your shoes, Ola will definitely be a consideration.

I'm still keeping options open, will still e-app for Ola but no final decision yet.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
http://www.ytreporp.com/floorplan.php

Before you buy the EC, compare the floorplan between Parc Canberra and Ola!

I read through Ola 4 bedroom floor plan 1389 sqft. I like the floorplan a lot.

Apart from the location, will be quantum. We probably only enough $ for around 900k+ without any bank loan or selling any stocks, but include selling HDB, CPF OA as well as all available liquid cash holdings

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read through Ola 4 bedroom floor plan 1389 sqft. I like the floorplan a lot.

Apart from the location, will be quantum. We probably only enough $ for around 900k+ without any bank loan or selling any stocks, but include selling HDB, CPF OA as well as all available liquid cash holdings

i second. just checked out both ola and parc canberra layout - ola floorplan layout comes out tops. 3BR and 4BR all are functional.

ola:
i guess if i were older i would go for the 4BR where the pseudo walk-in wardrobe for master BR is very attractive and the junior master is great. i really like the combined space for both dining and living - gives alot more room to decide how to size dining and living on my own

love the 3BR premium (1,055sqft) too. efficient layout where the door swings open to your living immediately. dining location is not the most ideal as i would prefer a dining area is tucked at a corner.

would love to drop by the showroom when it opens! can't wait :s12:

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With parc canberra selling at average $1080 psf, there is no good reason for developer to price below $1000 psf.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With parc canberra selling at average $1080 psf, there is no good reason for developer to price below $1000 psf.

OLA marketing campaign seems very enticing. They probably vested a lot into marketing- the TV adds, radio commercial and bus adverts. I personally thought the TV ads and radio commercials were very well done.

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
i second. just checked out both ola and parc canberra layout - ola floorplan layout comes out tops. 3BR and 4BR all are functional.

ola:
i guess if i were older i would go for the 4BR where the pseudo walk-in wardrobe for master BR is very attractive and the junior master is great. i really like the combined space for both dining and living - gives alot more room to decide how to size dining and living on my own

love the 3BR premium (1,055sqft) too. efficient layout where the door swings open to your living immediately. dining location is not the most ideal as i would prefer a dining area is tucked at a corner.

parc_vs_ola.jpg

www.ytreporp.com/floorplan.php

ola the hallway is bigger leh. Do you really need a bigger kitchen also?

Last edited:

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

ola:

Come come.. I include you in our VIP preview list??

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
Is Ola one on the right?

If yes, Ola floor plan for this unit type comes up top, there is a junior master suite and the balcony are more functionally sized.

Ic, the junior bedroom got toilet some more. But the size different.by 200sqft.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Unless... Fernvale lane EC developer successful bid is around $500 psf ppr.
Surrounding PCs around that area selling at $1.2k psf.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

ola:

I cfm going showroom and e-app. Just not decided to whether to eventually go for it.

The hospital is the single main factor affecting this decision, with surrounding ECs all launched at lower psf (25% lower). Not sufficiently justifiable in my opinion. Developer bidding it at a higher price is not a justification.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Is Ola one on the right?

If yes, Ola floor plan for this unit type comes up top, there is a junior master suite and the balcony are more functionally sized.

Agree is very very functional. Personally, I think larger hallway also better. I don't like to "squeeze" back into the bedroom. Of course, I know some would think that large hallways are waste of space and for developers to earn more $ due to more "useless" psf.

Looking at fengshui wise, I feel the energy of Ola floor plan is better. Main door opens to a wall and not direct into the house. Don't know how to explain that here. Canberra floor plan, main door opens direct into the planned dining area. Only redeeming feature is not window on the other end, but also a wall. Not as ideal though.

Last edited:

kiatme

Reaction score

ola:

OLA 4 br appears functional because of the MBR only.. if you really want to compare against parc canberra, you have to see the sqft difference.. almost 200sqft difference. thats like 200k

OLA looks nicer because of the bigger space, extra toilet. The plus point are the huge living space and MBR layout and the utility looks interesting (can be a maid's room or study room, have to see from showflat).

If you look closely, the kitchen is a huge waste of space with the table top in the middle, also, the yard area is so small, there is no space for a dryer, if you notice, the aircon ledge is super big, i am guessing the extra space is for people to hang their clothes (i'm not too sure). If you ask me i would knock down the wall and do some changes.

I would hack the walls (2 red lines), remove the fridge (red box), make a new wall along the 2 green boxes and add a bigger fridge + top/bottom cabinets, this will give me an additional "utility room" and additional shelving (I am not sure sure if the walls can be hacked but just see how much more space you have if you do something like this)

YulzqB1.png

I highlighted the areas i feel is a waste of space

Jd52Jec.png

This is how i read the floor plan lah, the showflat might be totally different and prove that the kitchen is not a waste of space idk. if you are looking for 4 bedders it can be tricky cause it is very limited and parc canberra launch is earlier so the units might be gone if you wait for ola

kiatme

Reaction score
Agree is very very functional. Personally, I think larger hallway also better. I don't like to "squeeze" back into the bedroom. Of course, I know some would think that large hallways are waste of space and for developers to earn more $ due to more "useless" psf.

Looking at fengshui wise, I feel the energy of Ola floor plan is better. Main door opens to a wall and not direct into the house. Don't know how to explain that here. Canberra floor plan, main door opens direct into the planned dining area. Only redeeming feature is not window on the other end, but also a wall. Not as ideal though.

Fengshui is very subjective.
Ola is facing the hospital, if people look at fengshui, i think this project would be totally strike off liao. You can add a partition but you cannot change the location.

Plus, the gas hob + water are side by side, 水火不容, some things can change some how to change ?:s22:

aabeesee

Master Member
Reaction score
Ola is facing the hospital, if people look at fengshui, i think this project would be totally strike off liao. You can add a partition but you cannot change the location.

Plus, the gas hob + water are side by side, 水火不容, some things can change some how to change ?:s22:

side by side seems fine. i think they're not supposed to directly opposite each other

https://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/design/home-tips/fengshui-101-where-not-to-put-your-stove-and-sink/

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Indeed very subjective. Based on own feel mah.
For me is almost totally strike off due to hospital. But will still look see look see.

Just saying based on floor plan only.

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OLA 4 br appears functional because of the MBR only.. if you really want to compare against parc canberra, you have to see the sqft difference.. almost 200sqft difference. thats like 200k

OLA looks nicer because of the bigger space, extra toilet. The plus point are the huge living space and MBR layout and the utility looks interesting (can be a maid's room or study room, have to see from showflat).

If you look closely, the kitchen is a huge waste of space with the table top in the middle, also, the yard area is so small, there is no space for a dryer, if you notice, the aircon ledge is super big, i am guessing the extra space is for people to hang their clothes (i'm not too sure). If you ask me i would knock down the wall and do some changes.

I would hack the walls (2 red lines), remove the fridge (red box), make a new wall along the 2 green boxes and add a bigger fridge + top/bottom cabinets, this will give me an additional "utility room" and additional shelving (I am not sure sure if the walls can be hacked but just see how much more space you have if you do something like this)

YulzqB1.png

I highlighted the areas i feel is a waste of space

Jd52Jec.png

This is how i read the floor plan lah, the showflat might be totally different and prove that the kitchen is not a waste of space idk. if you are looking for 4 bedders it can be tricky cause it is very limited and parc canberra launch is earlier so the units might be gone if you wait for ola
Very very good ideas!

4BR the bigger the better when the family is big and usually for own stay. The hacked areas actually opens up for a possible new dining area.

This means the living area can be maximized for the whole rectangle below the balcony. Play area/play mat for the kids is awesome

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.