Safe to go Japan now

lovejersey

Reaction score
Having a flight to Japan next week. Thought of canceling but bought a non-refundable ticket.
:(

Delardino

Reaction score
Shouldn't be much different from staying in Singapore ba, just keep away from China tourists and crowded area should be fine, wear mask at airports.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now singapore also chaotic

japan also messy now. everyday news on this wuhan virus

Abernatine

Reaction score
I honestly think the situation in Singapore right now is worse than Japan. I'm going to Japan soon too.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given a choice, I'd rather be in JP now for a few weeks. About time to try shinrin-yoku (forest bathing)

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Foreigners who have visited China’s Hubei province within the past 14 days have been denied entry into Japan since Feb. 1. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he’s considering an expansion of immigration curbs.

Not sure if they have implemented yet.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If don’t count the cruise ship, SG more cases than JP, no? And some more if consider on per capita basis, seems like staying here is more risky than going to JP 🤪

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now within japan significantly less chinese tourists so should be much safer now than during CNY period

fireblade08

Reaction score
I'm actually flying in March next month. Personally email to SIA ytd whether do they allow full refund due to the coronavirus, they say no since the purchase is a non-refundable ticket.

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Many prc in japan especially big cities.
But then most of them wear masks, compared to the prc in SG

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japan got much more chinese tourists compared to singapore.
And they love Osaka, Tokyo, Kyoto.
Until now Japan only forbid those from Hubei from entering Japan.

Potentially they will have much more cases coming up. I think will be much worse than Singapore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.