Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortel

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like not much can be done for free to air channels till they upgrade to 4k.

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like not much can be done for free to air channels till they upgrade to 4k.

Tv broadcast quality.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/4k-broadcasts-singapore-5879819.html

U can download some 4K video clips or movies and play on your new TV

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buy TCL TV for my mother who is very old and is not familiar with technology. When we switch on the TV will it start up like a normal tv where it will go to the HDMI Port and get the signal from the starhub box or that it start up with Android TV. I actually need a dumb TV for my mom but I am not willing to spend money to buy dumb tv. At least when I am at home I can use the Android TV function.

grapewall

Reaction score
I am thinking of buy TCL TV for my mother who is very old and is not familiar with technology. When we switch on the TV will it start up like a normal tv where it will go to the HDMI Port and get the signal from the starhub box or that it start up with Android TV. I actually need a dumb TV for my mom but I am not willing to spend money to buy dumb tv. At least when I am at home I can use the Android TV function.

What makes you think that TCL is a dumb tv? With all these Android, netflix, youtube and AI built in, it definitely is not your regular dumb tv.
With the right settings,the tv will show up direct into the live programme. If the manufacturer make the user have to press a lot of buttons, do a lot of steps every time he wants to watch tv, the manufacturer will close down very fast.
Anyway, if you want to get those fat old CRT tv, which is the dumb tv you wants, you can try Mustafa if they have small sized ones, or else, buy from those tv repair shoes.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What makes you think that TCL is a dumb tv? With all these Android, netflix, youtube and AI built in, it definitely is not your regular dumb tv.
With the right settings,the tv will show up direct into the live programme. If the manufacturer make the user have to press a lot of buttons, do a lot of steps every time he wants to watch tv, the manufacturer will close down very fast.
Anyway, if you want to get those fat old CRT tv, which is the dumb tv you wants, you can try Mustafa if they have small sized ones, or else, buy from those tv repair shoes.

He say he need a dump tv looks alike type, he did not say TCL is a dump TV.
All he need is a TV thats has a fix setting for old folk to operate.

Last edited:

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply. After reading through the posting I still could not get a definite answer. Can or cannot?. My current TV is also a smart TV but we need to press the APP button on the remote to get the smart app. Otherwise it acts like a normal TV.

majormao

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post. But did anyone experience netflix error message "tvq pm 100 (5.2.5)" for Tcl 65P8s?

I just upgrade my Netflix standard HD to ultra HD plan. And suddenly I am not able to watch all titles unless I change the audio settings within Netflix from 5.1 to 2.1 audio. For normal HD titles, I have no issue changing to 2.1. But for all HDR and 4K format titles, whenever I change to 2.1,it will auto revert back to 5.1 and give me the same error message and not able to watch.

Called Netflix, they said its TCL hardware problem and recommend me to call them. Gonna call TCL Singapore tomorrow but don't have any high hopes tbh.

Anyone got this similar issue with tcl p8s or other models?

OK. I found out the problem already. Its my creative sxfi amp that I plugged into the TV that is causing the issue.

Now everything is good. Great TV BTW. Its worth the money. Hopefully can last as long as my old Panasonic plasma which is 8 years old and still going strong.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Some Sony remote control have BT and IR in one. It is more convenient than having 2.

Last edited:

VideoOne2

Reaction score
its quite hard now to find 'dumb' tv. but i think Giant IMM do have some on display. go have a look.
Philips, Akai etc to name a few.

I just found out this one 50" @$599.

https://sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodDetail.asp?ProdId=2886&mode=Spec

this one on right.
https://ibb.co/WsHndkV

There are a few smaller size. Again i did not check into details for every model there as i was not on the market for a TV. Just doing weekly grocery stuff.

Last edited:

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I did not see this post but I did picked up a Sharp TV earlier at Gain City today. LC-50UA6800X for $879. It is an android TV but the android TV only comes when you press the button on the remote.

I would assume it would be the same for the TCL TV. I wanted to try TCL but decide to stay with Sharp due to my mother being more familiar with the sharp remote.

feralslash

Reaction score
Where can i get the best deal for 40s6500?

btw i notice there is a new model 40s6800. doesnt seem to be available in SG yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.