Vietnam

Junken

Reaction score
Looking at danang, 10-15 dec

if i'm not wrong, vn air got no direct flight from singapore to danang. need to stopover at hcm. so one option for u, u can try book on trip.com or expedia they can arrange like sin-hcm-sin on vn air and hcm-dad-hcm on vietjet.

maybe the price can be cheaper that way.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and i think u are looking to buy too early... 10 months in advance leh, they haven't even prepare the promos. u can set price alerts and wait for a better price..

Haven buy yet, just looking at what i can do in danang for now. Alrdy set price alert and also taking vietjetair as a baseline for comparison.

moomooland

Reaction score
i like Danang! You can fly Vietnam Airlines (relatively good airline considering the cheap prices) and transit from HCMC. Should be able to get the tics around $300? We made Danang our base for 5 nights and did day trips to Hoi an /Hue and overnight at HCM.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like Danang! You can fly Vietnam Airlines (relatively good airline considering the cheap prices) and transit from HCMC. Should be able to get the tics around $300? We made Danang our base for 5 nights and did day trips to Hoi an /Hue and overnight at HCM.

So its not worth to stay in hoi an/hue? By day trips, you mean take bus to and fro or via tours?

Iyarash11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if go vietnam solo, do you bring extra money in case suay suay need medical assistance in hospital? heard need to pay some deposit before they start treating you. :eek::s8:

moomooland

Reaction score
So its not worth to stay in hoi an/hue? By day trips, you mean take bus to and fro or via tours?

depends - is your intended trip going to be a family or couple trip. If family with kids and elderly parents, they will prefer to stay put at 1 hotel. For couples, i guess its ok to spend some time in Hoi An, and Danang. Hue was a bit boring for us...the kids were especially sian visiting the imperial palace...

moomooland

Reaction score

we booked the coach + driver for a couple of days. Within Danang, always Grab, its so convenient.

you can go to the following places in Danang
- Marble Mountains
- this really tall Guan Yin place which i cannot remember the name (its nice)
- Bana Hill of coz! - crowded with chinese and koreans when i went in Mar 19.
- Sunworld Danang wonders
- there is a new rafting place you can google (saw on Battle Trip)
- massages are cheap
- seafood supposedly is good (we didnt eat that)
- Ngon Villa (slightly atas dining place, superb food!)

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends - is your intended trip going to be a family or couple trip. If family with kids and elderly parents, they will prefer to stay put at 1 hotel. For couples, i guess its ok to spend some time in Hoi An, and Danang. Hue was a bit boring for us...the kids were especially sian visiting the imperial palace...

Going solo so no burdens beside me. Lol.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we booked the coach + driver for a couple of days. Within Danang, always Grab, its so convenient.

you can go to the following places in Danang
- Marble Mountains
- this really tall Guan Yin place which i cannot remember the name (its nice)
- Bana Hill of coz! - crowded with chinese and koreans when i went in Mar 19.
- Sunworld Danang wonders
- there is a new rafting place you can google (saw on Battle Trip)
- massages are cheap
- seafood supposedly is good (we didnt eat that)
- Ngon Villa (slightly atas dining place, superb food!)

Thnx for recommendations. Im now filling up places to go for each area so as to see of 4 or 5 nights are needed.

Junken

Reaction score
Anyone in HCM? hows the situation there due to the virus?

Me. Seems quiet here in hcm, but of course everyone is taking additional precaution and masks are sold out with some pharmacies inflating the prices. Where i'm working at, in Long An, outside of hcm, there are a lot of China factories and they quarantined up to 26 people that went to China for Tet (11 of them from Wuhan) but until now still not hear any updates regarding that.

Article here: https://dantri.com.vn/xa-hoi/cach-ly-11-nguoi-tu-vu-han-den-long-an-sau-tet-20200206155822764.htm

Also, there are rumours flying around saying that the govt probably under-report the number of cases. There are messages spreading around (maybe fake news) that Vinh Phuc province which is near the border to China in the north has become like a mini Wuhan.

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I Heard from my wife long an got people kana?
Also my wife told me vietnamese are very responsible, everyone are wearing mask.

If singaporea really worsen my wife ask me go there to hide for a time being. :s13::s13::s13:

Me. Seems quiet here in hcm, but of course everyone is taking additional precaution and masks are sold out with some pharmacies inflating the prices. Where i'm working at, in Long An, outside of hcm, there are a lot of China factories and they quarantined up to 26 people that went to China for Tet (11 of them from Wuhan) but until now still not hear any updates regarding that.

Article here: https://dantri.com.vn/xa-hoi/cach-ly-11-nguoi-tu-vu-han-den-long-an-sau-tet-20200206155822764.htm

Also, there are rumours flying around saying that the govt probably under-report the number of cases. There are messages spreading around (maybe fake news) that Vinh Phuc province which is near the border to China in the north has become like a mini Wuhan.

Junken

Reaction score
Also my wife told me vietnamese are very responsible, everyone are wearing mask.

If singaporea really worsen my wife ask me go there to hide for a time being. :s13::s13::s13:

yes but not exactly. here's the part of the article that explains it:

Earlier, as Dan Tri informed, on January 22, two patients who were father and son in Wuhan City, China went to Binh Chanh District Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City to check. When detecting abnormal signs, doctors advised patients to visit Cho Ray Hospital.

Through exploiting the history of the disease, the father named Li Ding (66) and his wife from Wuhan City, China came to Hanoi on January 13 by plane, then the two continued to move. By plane to Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa). On January 17, their son Li Zichao (28 years old) living and working in Long An went to Nha Trang to meet his parents. At Nha Trang, the father had a fever, then the son.

After moving from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City by train, the family took a taxi to Long An, then went to the hospital for examination and gave positive results for corona. The treatment efforts of doctors at Cho Ray Hospital have helped the child completely recover

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Don't bring ur virus to vietnam...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also have rumors that some northern Vietnam smaller towns and villages which are along the Vn-china borders become mini China quarantine areas...

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.