5.1 atmos setup

mulderfox

Reaction score
Don’t think u even care to click the links.
Are they separate parts? Buy a box and buy the speaker to build something... lol

Wharfedale DX2 U considering is 5.1, still missing height speakers
https://www.lazada.sg/products/wharfedale-dx-2-51-black-i283927053-s453078472.html

If u can find used good, speakers depreciate a lot. U maybe able to find something that cost $2k for $800.

I appreciate the effort, but I did click on the links and they are all outside my budget as I described it.

Amon86

Reaction score
I would suggest TS to sell away the AVR and use the $800 plus the money made from the AVR invested on a soundbar with atmos w/sub no need to worry placement and save alot of money if want a baseline home theatre one has to spent a sum of total amount around 4k+ lesser than that might as well go for 2.1 or soundbar

dbchoong

Master Member
Reaction score

mulderfox

Reaction score
I would suggest TS to sell away the AVR and use the $800 plus the money made from the AVR invested on a soundbar with atmos w/sub no need to worry placement and save alot of money if want a baseline home theatre one has to spent a sum of total amount around 4k+ lesser than that might as well go for 2.1 or soundbar

I have no AVR to sell.. I am looking to build a home cinema setup, which will include a Marantz SR6013 Receiver, and a set of speakers.
I am not interested in any sound bars. I think they're good for people who don't really care about surround sound and just want some booming sound. I am interested in an immersive sound experience, and I am going to get it at my budget restraints. You really do not need to splurge 4k+ to enjoy home cinema. especially for a 3 room HDB.

Amon86

Reaction score
I have no AVR to sell.. I am looking to build a home cinema setup, which will include a Marantz SR6013 Receiver, and a set of speakers.
I am not interested in any sound bars. I think they're good for people who don't really care about surround sound and just want some booming sound. I am interested in an immersive sound experience, and I am going to get it at my budget restraints. You really do not need to splurge 4k+ to enjoy home cinema. especially for a 3 room HDB.

well $800.00 budget for speakers won't get you to atmos level but only basic 2.1 most and only in 2nd hand market

mulderfox

Reaction score
well $800.00 budget for speakers won't get you to atmos level but only basic 2.1 most and only in 2nd hand market

Care for a friendly wager? I've already have 2 or 3 possibilities. and As I said before, I am starting with 5.1, but I am preparing for the height speakers to add later. probably for 5.1.2 setup (simply no room for 5.1.4 or more)

Amon86

Reaction score
Care for a friendly wager? I've already have 2 or 3 possibilities. and As I said before, I am starting with 5.1, but I am preparing for the height speakers to add later. probably for 5.1.2 setup (simply no room for 5.1.4 or more)

nah i don't wanna wager with you.....u happy with it no problem with me besides i just give my own experience only i 10 years ago last time spent $2800.00 on my AVR new and new satellite speakers with stands and sub for another $2800.00 total 5.6k gone haven't add in speaker cables and i am 5.1 only.....so you say you wanna spent total 2k AVR and atmos unless you brought those after market 5-8 years ago speakers or low ball those seller

mulderfox

Reaction score
nah i don't wanna wager with you.....u happy with it no problem with me besides i just give my own experience only i 10 years ago last time spent $2800.00 on my AVR new and new satellite speakers with stands and sub for another $2800.00 total 5.6k gone haven't add in speaker cables and i am 5.1 only.....so you say you wanna spent total 2k AVR and atmos unless you brought those after market 5-8 years ago speakers or low ball those seller
Believe me, I take a lot of care and planning when I make a big purchase. Not only will I be happy with the system, it will sound great.. and I will stay within budget - at most I'll push maybe 5%-10% more

Amon86

Reaction score
Believe me, I take a lot of care and planning when I make a big purchase. Not only will I be happy with the system, it will sound great.. and I will stay within budget - at most I'll push maybe 5%-10% more

Just some friendly advise spent that $800.00 on a pair of bookshelf speakers and slowly upgrade from there....is a better investment than one shot 5.1 satellites...

petetherock

Reaction score
Just some friendly advise spent that $800.00 on a pair of bookshelf speakers and slowly upgrade from there....is a better investment than one shot 5.1 satellites...

I think TS has decided on the amp. I’ll sit back and I hope he posts on what was the actual total spent on speakers. I haven’t heard too many brand new 5.1 setups that sound good and give an enveloping experience.
You learn something new each day 👍

Amon86

Reaction score
I think TS has decided on the amp. I’ll sit back and I hope he posts on what was the actual total spent on speakers. I haven’t heard too many brand new 5.1 setups that sound good and give an enveloping experience.
You learn something new each day ******************

Ya man bro....if i in his shoes 2k budget i would get a decent integrated amp like cambridge audio AXA35 with a decent bookshelf wharfedale, yamaha or Qacoustics price at maybe $700-800 is 2.0 but that will sound even better than a 5.1 using cheap satellites....then when i had more budget then got a centre channel and back surround then add a AVR then still use the integrated amp to drive my front channels

petetherock

Reaction score
To TS
We aren’t a couple of snobs .. please understand I’ve done the entry level setup before and I soon outgrew it, and ended up spending a lot more.
The amp is an overkill IMO
You’ll get more benefit from a better 5.1 setup. Like I said the sub and center underpin the surround experience. YMMV of course

loster

Reaction score
i agree. i been to adephi almost everyweek for 2 to 3months before i get my system.
in the end i spend on 5.1.2 satellite speakers. total cost is more than 5k including avr. cable not included.

To TS
We aren’t a couple of snobs .. please understand I’ve done the entry level setup before and I soon outgrew it, and ended up spending a lot more.
The amp is an overkill IMO
You’ll get more benefit from a better 5.1 setup. Like I said the sub and center underpin the surround experience. YMMV of course

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Don't forget to add ac infinity T10 (front exhaust) or T8 (rear exhaust) or T9 (top exhaust) cooling fan system to keep your av receiver healthy and performing well. Heat is bad for electronics. Price is about $229. Ordered mine from Lazada. Local dealer fast delivery. Wish I got it before I got my receiver and subjected it to such heat for months.

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Don't forget to add ac infinity T10 (front exhaust) or T8 (rear exhaust) or T9 (top exhaust) cooling fan system to keep your av receiver healthy and performing well. Heat is bad for electronics. Price is about $229. Ordered mine from Lazada. Local dealer fast delivery. Wish I got it before I got my receiver and subjected it to such heat for months.

That’s more than 10% of his allocated budget .. I don’t think it’s within his budget

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Oh I see... well then can just make a cheap one from some laptop cooling tray heheh.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh I see... well then can just make a cheap one from some laptop cooling tray heheh.

this is some nice stuff, I don't have AVR breaking.. mine is cheap AVR. when I do invest later this year for a arcam. Then getting this make sense.
StorePhoto2__76967.1516070727.jpg

mulderfox

Reaction score
this is some nice stuff, I don't have AVR breaking.. mine is cheap AVR. when I do invest later this year for a arcam. Then getting this make sense.
StorePhoto2__76967.1516070727.jpg

Thanks but this is deviating from the subject. I am more interested in the system and not in a cooling solution. Plus, I am sure I can get a pretty cheap and dirty solution for that on AliExpress, If I choose to.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.