Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
I got your point now.
It takes years to built trust but one second for mechanics to screw it up.

Luckily for my case, the owner of shop touches my ride cos he omo type. so far so good...
It is normal that everyone thinks he has the prettiest wife at home.

durexxx

Reaction score
Hi guys, bought a renew coe Toyota Allion, any recommended WS for checking and changing like Engine oil and stuff? Kinda noob about car only know change engine oil is needed and does ws in jb does Allion? From what I know they don’t have Allion in Malaysia.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, bought a renew coe Toyota Allion, any recommended WS for checking and changing like Engine oil and stuff? Kinda noob about car only know change engine oil is needed and does ws in jb does Allion? From what I know they don’t have Allion in Malaysia.

Ermmm... there is one sg car workshop boss here whom trying to persuade ppl from heading North with stories gathered from his years in this trade.

You may try to get his workshop details and try his workshop out and then write a review here. :s13::s13:

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
Any workshop can do. Old Allion have a few common issues. 1) air flow filter sensor 2) oxygen sensor. Symptoms is sluggish, rough idling and low rpm. Did quite a few allions.

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
Ermmm... there is one sg car workshop boss here whom trying to persuade ppl from heading North with stories gathered from his years in this trade.

You may try to get his workshop details and try his workshop out and then write a review here. :s13::s13:
He never dissuade la. He just explain to them the price they paid for are already ketok price. The workshop that they recommended are famous ketok king. And not worth going all the way there just to save peanut. Technically only big jobs which can save close to 4 figures sgd are worth going there to do.

durexxx

Reaction score
Any workshop can do. Old Allion have a few common issues. 1) air flow filter sensor 2) oxygen sensor. Symptoms is sluggish, rough idling and low rpm. Did quite a few allions.

Pm your workshop, pay you a visit when I can.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pm your workshop, pay you a visit when I can.

I also keen to visit your workshop. PM your workshop details please.
Though i frequent JB, i do support SG workshop from time to time.

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any workshops to recommend for checking fuel issues? my car’s fuel consumption is very bad. I have replaced igniter, fuel injectors, cleaned converter and spark plugs still the same.

Any workshops able to check if my MAF sensors/ ECU faulty? No faulty light though

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share, my 11 year old Stream typically averaged 9+km/l with about 30% regular and 70% highway (by distance) when I got it less than 2 years ago. I changed my O2 and MAF sensors about 2 months ago, and now am better off by about 10-15% over the last few refills. No faulty lights doesn't mean they are performing optimally though.

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any workshops to recommend for checking fuel issues? my car’s fuel consumption is very bad. I have replaced igniter, fuel injectors, cleaned converter and spark plugs still the same.

Any workshops able to check if my MAF sensors/ ECU faulty? No faulty light though

what car you driving and the ratio of city:expressway?

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
I also keen to visit your workshop. PM your workshop details please.
Though i frequent JB, i do support SG workshop from time to time.
I don't disclose my shop publicly in hwz. Only thru PM for trusted nicks.

Last edited:

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score

What is your ride? How low is low? You must had spent a fortune for such a simple symptom. Looks like you have one that is not easy to catch.

Have you changed fuel filter? Fuel pump? Check fuel line? Sensors there are many...but affect consumption..i am not sure if it will directly...any other symptoms? You can try oxygen sensor. There are 2. One below at the cat, another in engine bay. Other sensors are..Airflow sensor..camshaft sensor...control valve sensor..but i really doubt is sensors. Does your engine eat oil? Any workshop recommended u got top overhaul? Did u go for test to check pressure of each individual piston? Do u maintain your gearbox? Got change filter of atf? If there are no fault shown on your dash..it wont show up on our diagnostic also.

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
Just to share, my 11 year old Stream typically averaged 9+km/l with about 30% regular and 70% highway (by distance) when I got it less than 2 years ago. I changed my O2 and MAF sensors about 2 months ago, and now am better off by about 10-15% over the last few refills. No faulty lights doesn't mean they are performing optimally though.
Ya...a couple of hundreds things may still work but not good...sometimes symptoms show up but it is a combination of many many issues..so difficult to catch...old cars can have really high cost of upkeep. For those who don want all the hassle..best is to go for cars under 7 yrs old. After the 7th yr..it can be nightmarish.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bo chia liao.

My daddy say give me budget $50k, ownself go get 1 2nd hand car and learn how to maintain. After that all is I pay liao. :sad:

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ok, will check sensors. Thanks for sharing!

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is your ride? How low is low? You must had spent a fortune for such a simple symptom. Looks like you have one that is not easy to catch.

Have you changed fuel filter? Fuel pump? Check fuel line? Sensors there are many...but affect consumption..i am not sure if it will directly...any other symptoms? You can try oxygen sensor. There are 2. One below at the cat, another in engine bay. Other sensors are..Airflow sensor..camshaft sensor...control valve sensor..but i really doubt is sensors. Does your engine eat oil? Any workshop recommended u got top overhaul? Did u go for test to check pressure of each individual piston? Do u maintain your gearbox? Got change filter of atf? If there are no fault shown on your dash..it wont show up on our diagnostic also.

My drive only 5-6km per L. I saw online usually for my car should be 10-12km per L. I am like only half.. 300km plus with 53L petrol for 2L car.

That time workshop checked have misfire. Replaced spark plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors. Last service need a gear box oil replacement.

I also washed my cat converter, very dirty I suspect engine running too lean.

Got slight jerking when idle sometime at traffic light. Vibration when stationary and D, but normal at N. Replaced engine mounting still the same.

Last edited:

earthtk

Reaction score
My drive only 5-6km per L. I saw online usually for my car should be 10-12km per L. I am like only half.. 300km plus with 53L petrol for 2L car.

That time workshop checked have misfire. Replaced spark plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors. Last service need a gear box oil replacement.

I also washed my cat converter, very dirty I suspect engine running too lean.

Got slight jerking when idle sometime at traffic light. Vibration when stationary and D, but normal at N. Replaced engine mounting still the same.

Leaking fuel tank?

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.