[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitan86

Reaction score
Hi all, any goldfish groups in FB or telegram . I can join? The ones I search for not many locals and inactive. Want to keep a pair of Ranchu and need some advise.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7sDCKRRl.jpg

Guys. What is the common local name for this plant ah?
I notice the few LFS in my area will always sell them. They are kept in a roughly 2feet tank, usually with another type of plant with needle like leaves. The tank has nothing but a pump. No substrate, fishes. But I notice the plants are always green plump and no browning de. Is there a trick to the healthy plants the LFS keep them???

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

I was not in a rush to use this plant, so i left it inside a longish plastic container filled with water and covered up. I threw in 2 snails from my guppy container.
Today out of curiosity why the plant doesnt seem to be growing at all, so i stared closer. To my astonishment, i saw a leaf moving, then a caterpillar looking 毛毛蟲 was crawling out from that leaf. That leaf isnt flat, it was curled up like a tube. Out of worry, i looked up and down and realised there are a few more such tube looking leaves with these 毛毛蟲 moving.:eek:
I threw the whole plant away and wash up the container.

Just curious. Is this normal??? I have used this plant several times before, but i never seen these "insect" before. Regret not taking a pic before throwing away, because i panicked and just threw...

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
I was not in a rush to use this plant, so i left it inside a longish plastic container filled with water and covered up. I threw in 2 snails from my guppy container.
Today out of curiosity why the plant doesnt seem to be growing at all, so i stared closer. To my astonishment, i saw a leaf moving, then a caterpillar looking 毛毛蟲 was crawling out from that leaf. That leaf isnt flat, it was curled up like a tube. Out of worry, i looked up and down and realised there are a few more such tube looking leaves with these 毛毛蟲 moving.:eek:

Just curious. Is this normal??? I have used this plant several times before, but i never seen these "insect" before. Regret not taking a pic before throwing away, because i panicked and just threw...

if you know how those farms grow their aquatic plants, you won't be that surprise liao.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
So hw those farm grow?

many aquatic plants are grow on dry land and its actual form is quite different when it inside a fish tank.

unless you are buying from Tropica which is not cheap but free from pest, most farms grow aquatic plants like this.
that is why is full of snails and pest.

Joge517

Reaction score
Seachem excel mixed with water works as well for pest deterrence for plants prior to introduction to Yr tank

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sianz my pump connected to solar panel for the hydroponics tank died over the weekend. Cai Xin all gg.

:o

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is what I found. I pluck out one of the rolled up leaf before I threw away the entire plant. Put the leaf into my pail of waste water which I recycle to water plants. Am surprised this fellow is still alive 3 days later!
GyN7zJcl.jpg

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw Nanyang Trading selling algae eater fish $1 and golden algae eater fish $1.20. Is it actually chinese algae eater fish? :o

Also saw Oto Fish selling for $1.80 so cute :o

Also SAE selling $1 :o

Me noob so need experts here to help. Thanks in adv :o

No idea i bought form them b4 they do eat algae and color after few week become more yellow/gold :o:o:o

oto still to troublesome easy to mati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.